• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised they put them up at the very instant. I guess even without leaks, we would've know what the starters would evolve into.

Also, one youngster makes the "comfy and easy to wear" joke. Oh GF xD

Found the place :s

Seems like the only trims they offer are the ones we've seen. So I'm inclined to believe they're the only ones. Also, they don't changes its stats, type, ability, etc as some guessed.

It's been said on the official site and coro coro that to unlock more haircuts you have to keep getting its hair cut, so there are probably more but you have to unlock them. From the official site:

"There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!"

Last edited:
I'm surprised they put them up at the very instant. I guess even without leaks, we would've know what the starters would evolve into.

It wasn't instantly. The games weren't uploaded until 12:10 AM EST.

Also, one youngster makes the "comfy and easy to wear" joke. Oh GF xD

And another youngster in Santalune Forest is named Youngster Joey in the English version. Granted, he doesn't make the same comment as the original Joey, though.

I heard a rumor, that every game started before official launch, is banned from tournaments. Is that true?

I heard a rumor, that every game started before official launch, is banned from tournaments. Is that true?

How would GF distinguish games that have been released before launch? Granted that each game may be program with different RNG for Trainer IDs but there isn't a way to track them.

It is not the gamers' fault that some stores decided to break street dates. Yes, the gamers could have repsected Nintendo and refrained from getting the copies, but sadly we don't live in Utopia.

Besides, I fail to see what gamefreak's problem with prematurely released games is....it is all free marketing after all.

Sounds like something concocted by a whinger. This would lead to all sorts of problems, consider people have their pre-orders arrive early and all that.

How would GF distinguish games that have been released before launch? Granted that each game may be program with different RNG for Trainer IDs but there isn't a way to track them.

The adventure start date is labeled in the savegame. You can see it at your trainer card. Mine says 10/10/2013 (yeah, I bought it earlier, and haters gonna hate).

It is not the gamers' fault that some stores decided to break street dates. Yes, the gamers could have repsected Nintendo and refrained from getting the copies, but sadly we don't live in Utopia.

Besides, I fail to see what gamefreak's problem with prematurely released games is....it is all free marketing after all.
I completely agree. But see how Nintendo's reaction to early sales wasn't exactly reasonable.

Sounds like something concocted by a whinger. This would lead to all sorts of problems, consider people have their pre-orders arrive early and all that.

Sound like that to me. And I wouldn't be worried if the "whinger" wasn't one of these people who appears to have "sources" and spread rumors turning to be true. The guy I'm talking about is a troll, undoubtely, but the type of troll that says something in the most unreliable tone possible and results to be true.

Anyway, I hope it's a false rumor. I'm not a conspiranoid, but I'm just a bit worried.

Incidentally, for anyone who thinks the Kalos starters are 50/50 gender ratios, forget it. I didn't get a female Fennekin until my 16th try, and if Braixen isn't at least 50/50, I can't imagine any of the starters being so.

Incidentally, for anyone who thinks the Kalos starters are 50/50 gender ratios, forget it. I didn't get a female Fennekin until my 16th try, and if Braixen isn't at least 50/50, I can't imagine any of the starters being so.

Well there is the possibility that you just got unlucky.

If interest someone, I just found that Drasna, the dragon type membre of the elite four, is from Celestic Town of Sinnoh. May be Cynthia and her are cousins or something.

If interest someone, I just found that Drasna, the dragon type membre of the elite four, is from Celestic Town of Sinnoh. May be Cynthia and her are cousins or something.

Cynthia confermed.

As the games are out worldwide now, it's time to close this thread. It's been a good ride following the leaks the last week and a half or so, and everyone managed to behave themselves - I remember back when the Gen V starters were leaked it was pretty much chaos (it was under different circumstances to be fair, I guess). So thanks to everyone for being great!

Everything now goes to its respective topic. So Mega Evolutions in the thread for that, new Pokemon in the new Pokemon thread, Starters in the Starter thread, Team Flare in the Team Flare thread, etc. You see where I'm going with this. :p Just remember to use spoiler tags if you're posting a spoiler in a thread that doesn't have a SPOILERS prefix please!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom