• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Then I take it back about the level up method.

But that still doesn't guarantee that Pancham will evolve by being with any given dark type. And I'd rather wait for an official confirmation.

Pancham evolving into Pangoro is basically a young kid who grows up hanging around with the wrong crowd. It makes perfect sense that it would evolve with a Dark-type in the party, because Pancham and a Dark-type both being in your team is essentially Pancham hanging about with the wrong crowd.

Pancham already acts like a mischievous child. Back when it was first revealed through CoroCoro, I was under the impression that it's main move (name escapes me, sorry) was essentially it blurting out an insult.

Yeah, I think "Parting Shot" is meant to reference that thing I always see Japanese gangsters do in anime/manga where they shout "don't forget about us!" when they're chased off.

Yeah, I think "Parting Shot" is meant to reference that thing I always see Japanese gangsters do in anime/manga where they shout "don't forget about us!" when they're chased off.

IM fairly certain i will now have no choice but to imagine my pancham yelling 'smell ya later, loser' when using that move. i know Gary wasnt a gangster.. but he always said it RIGHT before leaving...

I feel like we need more people to play the demos and specifically try to do research with specific matchups. We need inside agents, man!

What we also need is for Nintendo to release these demos on the 3DS eShop.
Exactly. Having the demo readily available, even if it doesn't have all the info, would be ridiculously helpful right now. I'd love to lay hands on it and tool around with it; it could answer quite a few questions but that's probably why it hasn't been released en masse yet.

Umbreon appears to have relatively thick skin.
How does it appear to have thick skin? It's about as bulky looking as Sylveon, both being the same size as well and having a lean body. The only difference is one is black and one is pink.

The ears, the tail, the neck, and the legs give me the impression that it has more 'meat' than Sylveon does. I can't see why Umbreon's defenses would be so high if its design doesn't actually represent those stats. Better put, why would Umbreon have the same Defense as Tyranitar if its body is supposedly thin and fragile? It has to have some characteristic that explains its high defenses.
Faeries are very hard to get rid of, which may explain a high Defensive stat. Read any neo-Pagan tome on the subject and there are massive cautions on working with the fey; it's easy to invite them in but much harder to kick them out. It's a thought.

For the heck of it, I wandered around on DA and found this. Um, GF? Mind making this happen? I mean, just the face sells the concept to me; the big guy looks like Soundwave from TF:prime. :drool:

There's also a Mega Beedrill and a Mega Bisharp and I love them both. Wouldn't mind seeing something like these guys in Kalos.

mega golurk? :D yes pls.

on topic. i could see fairies being at least high on at least one defense given our currently 'known' fairies (gardevoir, marril/azumarril, mawile) they tend to have defensive bulk to them. jiggly[puff has hp rather than defenses..... but still somewhat fits the mold. who knows though.

honedge has potential to be a frail but hard hitting steel/ghost which kinda goes against both thier 'normals'

So apparently, the rumour has a contradiction: Fairy is neutral against Psychic in the demo; whereas the rumour states that psychic resists it.

Found this on Serebii, apparently there's a new rumored list on the block.

I'll admit that I like the Saber toothed fossil, ice wolf and Ouroboros legendary, but otherwise taking this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

I admit I like a lot of these ideas( like the Electric saber tooth tiger, the fossils, the Ice wolf and there seem to be many usused type combos, however I'm not believing it at the moment) also in this list it seems Fennekin's final evo is just another Kitsune similar to Ninetails, I'd rather see something more unique, taking this list with a grain of salt.

Electric saber tooth tiger? Definitely fake, since we have one: Raikou.

Raikou is actually based on the "raiju", even though it looks a bit like a smilodon, so I wouldn't say that a smilodon-based Pokémon is impossible... yet.

Where are the rumors, anyway? There are no links in Zweilous' post.

Well, we have multiple psychic cats, multiple water turtles, etc...

But still, taking this with a grain of salt. Some random guy who posted vague descriptions on pastebin. Seems legit >_>

Raikou is actually based on the "raiju", even though it looks a bit like a smilodon, so I wouldn't say that a smilodon-based Pokémon is impossible... yet.

Where are the rumors, anyway? There are no links in Zweilous' post.

I hyperlinked it to the word "List," click it and that should do it. :)

I know the list is likely fake but that final Fennekin evolution sounds gorgeous. I can't help but hope the real thing is like that.

I lol'd at Litleo's evolution being Fire/Fighting. ^-^ If the rumors are legit, which I don't think they are, that would show that Game Freak really loves the Fire/Fighting typing. Also, I loved the idea of Froakie's evolution looking like a kabuki actor, it sort of reminds me of Jiraiya (Naruto), since he has the visual of a kabuki and frog-related powers. I can't picture Chespin's evolutions even after reading the rumored descriptions of them, Chespin is so mysterious ._. Swirlix becoming a Yeti-like figure instead of a boring dog would be great, but Spritzee as an "harpy"? I dunno... It would be better than a regular flamingo, I suppose. Once again, too bad those rumors are most likely fake.

Smells like the handiwork of a certain Bulbagarden member that is known for making up fake rumours/leaks. Pretty much all those designs have the same trademark oddness to them that fit his style of creation.

Oh, and it also originated on 4chan (the person posted the link to the pastebin) for anyone who's interested. Every leak that has originated on 4chan since January has been fake. Even if I did believe any part of it, it's still way too early for anyone to leak the entire Pokedex imo.

I find it hard to believe Slyveon, the only new evolution would be right in the middle of the dex.

Also according to this guy a lot of pokemon turn bipedal or part dragon.

Smells like the handiwork of a certain Bulbagarden member that is known for making up fake rumours/leaks. Pretty much all those designs have the same trademark oddness to them that fit his style of creation.
It does smell like him, doesn't it? Color me disappointed if he's the culprit again; I would have thought that the intervention would have worked. This is getting boring.

Where is the list that Hiro promised? I get the feeling that he and Melkor only said that to get more hits; they may not know anything this time around.

Last edited:

I thought an Ice werewolf thing was talked about a good while back, it being what? An Ice/Fighting or something and rivals with Litleo and it's evo? Either we're getting a ice dog or this new set of rumors is just echoing an older one, to seem a bit more legitimate?

762: Legendary, Metal.
763: Legendary, Metal.
764: Legendary, Metal.

I guess some TCG terms slipped in there. It's funny cause Steel was used until those three came.

Most likely fake, but I do like #760, which seems to be the third member of the regional trio formed together with Xerneas and Yveltal. As it's based on the Ouroboros, I think it could fit together with Xerneas's life and Yveltal's death themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom