• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely thought we'd get way more megas, given there's no cross gen evos (except Sylveon) and that they hyped the feature quite a bit. I'll be really disappointed if there's none for Dunsparce, Gallade, or Sableye

I think it's still pretty likely that Sableye will get once since it was featured in so much promotional media. It seems strange to use that above starters or Pikachu since they're already so well known. Dunsparce too, but I don't remember seeing it quite as often. Gallade would be really cool though, especially since Gardevoir has one.

Did any good post game details emerged? I had an exam today was off the last 12 hours?

i plan on getting X but one spot has Dragalge's name on it. any idea how early we can trade? and what level skrelp was captured at?

If I remember right, you can trade in any location now. And with every Pokemon in your PC and party, without needing to transfer anything.

Not sure what that means as far as how early you can trade though.

I've warmed up to the 70 Pokemon thing, because they're really good and there's quite a few unique typings. At least there's enough build a full team. Bit annoyed at some of the evo requirements though, especially not getting Goodra until lv. 70

Are you serious about Goodra? That's worse than evolving Zwelious to Hydreigon at level 63, especially since Gen 5 had a LOT of high level evolutions, ones that normally Psuedo-Legendaries evolved at, and I think Goodra just broke Hydreigon's record.

Did any good post game details emerged? I had an exam today was off the last 12 hours?

You didn't miss much other than screenshots of an NPC talking about Hoenn, nothing really new, no new Megas at all.

I'd be less annoyed with the lack of Pokemon if they offered just a little more variety so I wouldn't be pigeonholed into using certain ones, or at least had them appear earlier instead of (apparently) shoving them into the mid-late or late game so I could actually use them. I'm also disappointed with many of the Pokemon, but I'll just chalk that up to me needing some time to get attached to them. Which will hopefully be easier when we get official art or anime appearances from them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game will be fun.

but I'll just chalk that up to me needing some time to get attached to them. Which will hopefully be easier when we get official art or anime appearances from them.

I think things like Pokemon-Amie and the 3D graphics/models will help a lot with this too. The Pokemon will all have lots more character.

I mean, take Carbink for example, the Pokedex shot of it made it look just like a boring blue rock, but the Amie shots of it gave it character and it actually looked cute for... a blue rock thing.

I'm pumped about MegaChandelure. He is in my top 2 favorite pokemon alongside Flygon. I'd really like to have a mega evolution in my team post E4 but I'm definitely not going to trade out a pokemon that I sincerely enjoy for one. Lucario is one of my favorites as well, but the fact that he is a super popular mon makes it not feel as special to have him in my team anymore.

I'm a little saddened when I saw Carbink's mon-Amie picture. The Dex picture made me think it wore sunglasses. :c

I'd be less annoyed with the lack of Pokemon if they offered just a little more variety so I wouldn't be pigeonholed into using certain ones, or at least had them appear earlier instead of (apparently) shoving them into the mid-late or late game so I could actually use them. I'm also disappointed with many of the Pokemon, but I'll just chalk that up to me needing some time to get attached to them. Which will hopefully be easier when we get official art or anime appearances from them.

This is one of the few problems I have as well, but I can get over it due to the fact that we have so many more Pokemon available. We have such a wide variety of Pokemon from previous games that I don't feel like they necessarily had to have as much variety with these. I'm thinking that Game Freak decided to give us enough variety so that you could potentially make a team out of just Gen VI Pokemon if you want, but I think there's a big emphasis on making use of all of the Pokemon available. Like I said in a previous post, I believe they wanted this game to be an expansion of the previous games rather than exist in its own separate universe. It seems much more similar to Gen IV than Gen V in this sense.

I hope gen VII will be more like gen V and introduce many pokemons.

Honestly the fandom has reacted to only 70~ Pokemon much better than I would have expected it to. I thought there would be a lot of "Nope, not buying this game because there's not enough new guys." I think the most general consensus is more like "Only 70? Darn... better luck next time."

I choose mostly to believe we only got 70 Pokemon because we needed models and animations for 700~. Now that they have those 700, hopefully G7 - which will almost certainly be on 3DS as well - will have the Hoenn/Unova numbers of new monsters - or above.

This is one of the few problems I have as well, but I can get over it due to the fact that we have so many more Pokemon available. We have such a wide variety of Pokemon from previous games that I don't feel like they necessarily had to have as much variety with these. I'm thinking that Game Freak decided to give us enough variety so that you could potentially make a team out of just Gen VI Pokemon if you want, but I think there's a big emphasis on making use of all of the Pokemon available. Like I said in a previous post, I believe they wanted this game to be an expansion of the previous games rather than exist in its own separate universe. It seems much more similar to Gen IV than Gen V in this sense.

Yeah, and the regional dexes definitely have much more variety than Gen IV so it's an improvement in that way. I agree with you about this game being an expansion on the previous games. The 3d models and the massive dex definitely give X and Y a legacy sort of feel, as though they are trying to sum up 15 years worth of Pokemon franchise in 2 games. I'm enjoying everything that has been revealed so far but that thought definitely gets me pumped for what they do with X2Y2/Z

Yeah the number of pokemon is unacceptable we have have way to many standalones and some of the designs are as terrible as previous generations. (carbrink I'm looking at you)

I am glad of one thing - this gen is very new player friendly, so my husband and I are going to get my niece a 2DS and Pokemon X for Christmas. I actually let her start a new game on my SoulSilver game card and bet she'll get a kick out of being able to pet the Pokemon she caught there.

Honestly the fandom has reacted to only 70~ Pokemon much better than I would have expected it to. I thought there would be a lot of "Nope, not buying this game because there's not enough new guys." I think the most general consensus is more like "Only 70? Darn... better luck next time."

I choose mostly to believe we only got 70 Pokemon because we needed models and animations for 700~. Now that they have those 700, hopefully G7 - which will almost certainly be on 3DS as well - will have the Hoenn/Unova numbers of new monsters - or above.

Are you saying there was a quota for the number of models they needed that they based the number of Pokemon on?

I see things like this. Odd number generations[Gen I III and III] forced you to start fresh while even number generations[gen II IV and VI] allows you to use older pokemon.

Are you saying there was a quota for the number of models they needed that they based the number of Pokemon on?

No, I'm saying that it's more work to do 3D models with entry, faint, attack, damage, and emotional differences than to produce GV's wiggling sprites.

No, I'm saying that it's more work to do 3D models with entry, faint, attack, damage, and emotional differences than to produce GV's wiggling sprites.

Oh, so you meant they couldn't go over a certain number of models and still produce a quality game in a timely manner? I'm sorry, I'm just a little unclear about what your argument is. ^^

Nothing new?I find it unexpected to only be able to catch 4 Legendary Pokemons, being one a old Gen one. On D&P&Pt you had 9 on first two (mascot, heatran, 3 birds, Girantina and lake trio) and the last one we had two Girantinas. No Roaming Legendary seems odd.

They will likely ruin the franchise if they keep introducing 100+ new Pokémon every generation (besides Gen VI). If that happens, it will come the day no one will be able to even remember the Pokémon names, let alone remember their types, etc. I REALLY hope they don't introduce 150 new Pokémon in Gen VII. There are 700+ already, that is a huge number. If you can't stand playing the games with older Pokémon just because "they have their time to shine (wtf that is even supposed to mean?)", then just stop playing the games, because why not? I think Game Freak is smart enough to not transform Pokémon in Yu Gi Oh (There is an absurd number of cards in the series). Well, at least I hope so, since Pokémon is one of the few franchises I still love and I don't it to be ruined because of some fans.

Yeah the number of pokemon is unacceptable we have have way to many standalones and some of the designs are as terrible as previous generations. (carbrink I'm looking at you)

The number is acceptable. What isn't acceptable is 100~150 new Pokémon every generation. Also, the designs being good or bad is completely subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom