• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember all the pokemon names, and future players probably will too, but it's not like they have to to enjoy the game, if there are older pokemon they aren't familiar with, that just means the pokemon feels cool and new. The bigger concern is fitting all the information for every pokemon on one cartridge, though technology is getting so small that that may never be an issue.

we have roaming articuno, zapdos and moltres
Ugh, again? At this rate, I'll have 4 of each bird -__-

Also, never thought I'd see the day where I actually want more legendaries. Even if it was just the XYZ legendaries and then a trio

I actually like that we only have like three or four legendaries this time. I never liked how a few of the past generations introduced like ten or more. That was just ridiculous, and some of the legendaries were unnecessary/superfluous (Cresselia, Regigigas, Darkrai, Phione, etc.). The box legends and a Mew-like legendary is good enough for me.

I've also really grown to like the idea of only seventy Pokemon as well. If this were Gen IV, then I wouldn't like it because most of the Pokemon in that generation were ugly, but this generation has excellently designed Pokemon.

Yeah the number of pokemon is unacceptable we have have way to many standalones and some of the designs are as terrible as previous generations. (carbrink I'm looking at you)

The number is acceptable. What isn't acceptable is 100~150 new Pokémon every generation. Also, the designs being good or bad is completely subjective.[/FONT]

So does mean every single pokemon game before this was terrible for have more then 100?

Having more then 100 is just the expectation for a fan like me who expects plenty of variety like more then one new ground type.

See the picture.

So the Hoenn guy wasn't just an elaborate hoax after all.

Wow. Game Freak actually put such a blatant hint in there.
I don't think thart this is hinting RSE remakes. And now it isn0't the time to discuss this.

I'd say "HOENN CONFIRMED!" as the top of my lungs, but let's be honest, that meme has gotten old at this point, let's enjoy Kalos for the moment...
Please not constantly mention Hoenn.

with everyone bitching about lack of new pokemon, why in the hell does ANYONE want a hoenn remake? i cannot fathom this at all in any way.

for all that is good and holy in this world please do not remake RSE.
I am tired of the fandom sometimes.

The statement is NOT made for announcing the release of RSE remakes, or at least it's not GF 1st intention when doing this.
The statement means that there's a facility whose origin is in Hoenn near the place where the player is. We can expect that is the Battle Fronteir but the battle facility has been named and is something that sounds France-y (I don't remember the name).

Given the info that I know and I don't know, I think that's the sidequest of the XY games, put in 1) late game, or 2) post game. And I understand why puttting the feature in a sidequest so late in the game (because players usually don't stop in the middle of the game to do a optional sidequest).

And if it's what I think, it's affected by Pokemon Amie.

A question, has someone found the Prism Scale?

I'm ok with a small number of legendaries personally. It makes them feel much more special, like Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mewtwo. A trio would be nice since it's a tradition, but I can live without it as long as we have the box legends and maybe one more.

I will always be able to remember pokemon names and types, no matter how many of them there are. Even if we end up with over 9000 pokemons at XX gen, i will remember them all.
Well, probably we 'll have around 2000 pokemons at gen XX if we have a gen XX( wich i hope so, even if itll be at 2056).

They will likely ruin the franchise if they keep introducing 100+ new Pokémon every generation (besides Gen VI). If that happens, it will come the day no one will be able to even remember the Pokémon names, let alone remember their types, etc. I REALLY hope they don't introduce 150 new Pokémon in Gen VII. There are 700+ already, that is a huge number. If you can't stand playing the games with older Pokémon just because "they have their time to shine (wtf that is even supposed to mean?)", then just stop playing the games, because why not? I think Game Freak is smart enough to not transform Pokémon in Yu Gi Oh (There is an absurd number of cards in the series). Well, at least I hope so, since Pokémon is one of the few franchises I still love and I don't it to be ruined because of some fans.

I'd agree with you if each of thsoe 700 Pokemon were an individual species. BUT-

However, if you count by evolution families, the actual number of variety in Pokemon is MUCH lower. For instance, counting families we only got 36 Pokemon in XY, which is ridiculously low. If we don't count a tadpole as being a different species than a frog in real life than the same applies to Pokemon.

I decided to comment; I'm not sure why, but...

lol69

I'm an adult, and I made a 69 joke. Time to go back to coloring.

But seriously, only 69 is disappointing. I'd like some new Pokemon with my new region, not a team of old gen1-5 pokes + 2 XY pokes, which may or may not be my starter. :/ I understand WHY they did it; they spent a long time balancing the new type, as well as transferring everything to 3D and adding Megas, but... I don't like Megas if they're in lieu of actual new content. I hope they add some mid-generation Pokemon, or this Dex is incomplete and requires a full Dex+another Dex Upgrade to truly finish, or something...

Just please tell me that this garbage Mega mechanic didn't replace my adventure 100%. I know in my head it did, but I don't want to hear it.

EDIT: Before I get yelled at for calling the Mega mechanic garbage, hear me out.

1. Less actually new content. Oh, let's add some more frills to our old Pokemon and abandon the idea of new Pokemon.
2. They aren't even actually their own Pokemon; you get to use 1 per battle and it has to be off of another Pokemon.
3. Going to overcentralize the meta. Calling it now.
4. The designs are not even that great. "Oh, let's take our Pokemon and add FRILLS!" It makes a lot of them look WORSE

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also really grown to like the idea of only seventy Pokemon as well. If this were Gen IV, then I wouldn't like it because most of the Pokemon in that generation were ugly, but this generation has excellently designed Pokemon.
Seriously all the gen 6 pokemon look no better or worse than the ones in gen 4 and 5.

Has there been any word on the difficultly of encountering different Pokemon species? My concern with the large dex was that I feared it would take me forever to find the Poke I wanted, as the percentage for each new mon to appear in a section of grass would be low to fit each one. Has it been elaborated on at all?

They will likely ruin the franchise if they keep introducing 100+ new Pokémon every generation (besides Gen VI). If that happens, it will come the day no one will be able to even remember the Pokémon names, let alone remember their types, etc. I REALLY hope they don't introduce 150 new Pokémon in Gen VII. There are 700+ already, that is a huge number. If you can't stand playing the games with older Pokémon just because "they have their time to shine (wtf that is even supposed to mean?)", then just stop playing the games, because why not? I think Game Freak is smart enough to not transform Pokémon in Yu Gi Oh (There is an absurd number of cards in the series). Well, at least I hope so.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is allowed to have a million billion cards because they have a lot more room for strategy and plans. While Pokemon does have strategy, it's nothing compared to what you can accomplish with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. You can also just read the card's description and know what it does, unless you get one of those novelty cards with weird faux-mystical language on it.

I don't mind not remembering every Pokemon, I don't remember every real life animal. If it really becomes a problem, I'll look them up or catch them if I want to. The fact that there will be Pokemon I won't know about makes it feel even more realistic. But that's just me, and I can understand if you disagree.

And when I said they had their time to shine, I mean that I had 3+ years to use them, plus the generations after them to continue using them. I'm not saying they need to be cut out or kept hidden until post-game, but they could be toned down slightly. I don't like is when they overshadow the new Pokemon, which they have done in XY.

The number is acceptable. What isn't acceptable is 100~150 new Pokémon every generation. Also, the designs being good or bad is completely subjective.
I think the number of Pokemon that is acceptable is just as subjective as designs. I've already harped on my thoughts on this numerous times in this thread, so I'll just say that I disagree but understand why others might have a different view.

Unrelated to this, but the legendary birds again? At least they're not the roaming gerbils of Johto, but I'd rather not have them again. But I am glad we don't have many legends, since it makes them feel more special and I never use them anyway. I just hope they get a big story to add to their appeal, and not feel tacked on.

Edit: I really feel this generation has showed us that a lot of what we think is best for Pokemon is entirely subjective. I disagree with much of the decisions made for this generation, but I know it's just an opinion and I'm not right or wrong. Not that we shouldn't still discuss our views about it.

Last edited:
I think the number of Pokemon that is acceptable is just as subjective as designs. I've already harped on my thoughts on this numerous times in this thread, so I'll just say that I disagree but understand why others might have a different view.

Personally, if Pokemon stopped making new Pokemon, that would be the equivalent to me of the Mario series republishing Mario Bros 1 with new graphics and claiming it was a new game - it has all your old stage favorites, afterall! We have so many Mario stages already, why add more? Just reuse the ones we already have!

Why would not remembering them all be a problem? You can just remember the ones that are relevant in any new game. If you don't know an older one that doesn't even appear in-game, it's not really an issue.

Personally, if Pokemon stopped making new Pokemon, that would be the equivalent to me of the Mario series republishing Mario Bros 1 with new graphics and claiming it was a new game - it has all your old stage favorites, afterall! We have so many Mario stages already, why add more? Just reuse the ones we already have!

I wouldn't mind if they did that within the same generation, creating a new region for us to explore to also help capture the other 450 or so Pokemon that aren't as easily available. I mean, that's essentially what remakes are, but this time we get a fresh story and a fresh region (though it would be more justifiable if GF could actually write a good story that justified its own game).

I'd be less annoyed with the lack of Pokemon if they offered just a little more variety so I wouldn't be pigeonholed into using certain ones, or at least had them appear earlier instead of (apparently) shoving them into the mid-late or late game so I could actually use them. I'm also disappointed with many of the Pokemon, but I'll just chalk that up to me needing some time to get attached to them. Which will hopefully be easier when we get official art or anime appearances from them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game will be fun.

This is one of the few problems I have as well, but I can get over it due to the fact that we have so many more Pokemon available. We have such a wide variety of Pokemon from previous games that I don't feel like they necessarily had to have as much variety with these. I'm thinking that Game Freak decided to give us enough variety so that you could potentially make a team out of just Gen VI Pokemon if you want, but I think there's a big emphasis on making use of all of the Pokemon available. Like I said in a previous post, I believe they wanted this game to be an expansion of the previous games rather than exist in its own separate universe. It seems much more similar to Gen IV than Gen V in this sense.

Yeah, and the regional dexes definitely have much more variety than Gen IV so it's an improvement in that way. I agree with you about this game being an expansion on the previous games. The 3d models and the massive dex definitely give X and Y a legacy sort of feel, as though they are trying to sum up 15 years worth of Pokemon franchise in 2 games. I'm enjoying everything that has been revealed so far but that thought definitely gets me pumped for what they do with X2Y2/Z

I really hope they defy all of our expectations and break their previous patterns and add a couple dozen regular Pokémon after Zygarde into the Kalos dex for X2Y2/Z/VW or whatever they decide to do lol the designs so far have all been fabulous and I'd hate for anything to be left out of a final Kalos installment when it could easily be put in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom