• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

@Joshawott; what makes this different than the Kyurem forms, which were announced as new pokemon.

(Please don't think I'm arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm just curious.)
Can I please have a link to the original Kyurem form announcement?

Additionally, has the English site ever called alternate forms "new Pokémon?" As I said before, I don't remember them ever doing that.

I've emailed TPCi to see if they could clarify it, but the language used makes it seem like it's NOT Mewtwo.
Yeah, good luck getting them to e-mail you back. They almost never clarify things like this to individuals. :p
I didn't email their general customer service, I've emailed the PR company that TPCi use for these kind of announcements. I'm not sure if they will give me anything potentially confidential, but they've been very helpful in the past (like confirming that the Keldeo movie Pokémon TV showing was US only).
Hopefully they can put a name on this thing then.
I just asked them if they can confirm if it's a new Pokémon (which I'm now 100% sure it is anyway). For now, I'm dubbing it Mewnew though.

Mew.
MewTwo!
MewThree?
ShinyMew.
"MewBlue"
MEWTWO!
FujiYOU!!!!
MewNew?!
Hullabaloo.
Mewwho?
MEWNEW!
Newtwo!
that's who!
KooKooKachoo!

Last edited:

That's what other people said. Here's all I can find:

Per Serebii:
Junichi Masuda has revealed the names of Kyurem's new forms via his Twitter account. The forms are simply called Black Kyurem & White Kyurem, though he interestingly lists them as seperate Pokémon

So yeah this is a little different.

That's what other people said. Here's all I can find:

Per Serebii:
Junichi Masuda has revealed the names of Kyurem's new forms via his Twitter account. The forms are simply called Black Kyurem & White Kyurem, though he interestingly lists them as seperate Pokémon

So yeah this is a little different.
i think of them as diffrent pokemon

So I stand corrected on my firm beliefs that it was a fake. Part of my disappointment stems from being wrong, but I will say that the leak had certainly made for interesting couple of days in recent Pokemon history. Don't think we'll see that sort of thing again for awhile.

Here's definitely hoping that it is a separate specie. I still don't like how alike it is to Mew and Mewtwo, but it would be a little more tolerable if it is a different Pokemon... just a little though. Really hoping the next CoroCoro helps to clear up on some things with this Mew, hopefully give it a name if it is a new Pokemon too...

Hahaha i bet we're gonna get a Name but "how this *New Pokemon* is connected to the Genetic Pokemon Mewtwo remains a mystery!!!" will make us all cringe. god i hope it's not a forme.

Additionally, has the English site ever called alternate forms "new Pokémon?" As I said before, I don't remember them ever doing that.
English sites have always had things up to their discretion before. That's not the case this time around what with everything happening the same day. They have to go along with what Japan says/does for the most part, and in the past that has been to talk of new formes as distinctly new pokemon.

I think Mewtwo's new form looks very cool. I'm hoping it'll be real, there can never be enough new forms for old Pokemon. I wish people would stop being so dang negative about possible new forms.

Forgive me, but I believe the point in these discussions is to discuss our opinions on these topics. If others are saying negative comments it is because they do not like the idea of a new forme. We could easily tell you to stop being positive with possible new forms. Our opinions are our opinions. We're entitled to ours just as much as you're entitled to yours.

I guess the negativity gets to be too much. :/ So many people are jumping the gun and calling this "ruined forever!", it really grinds my gears. I mean, there's having a negative opinion, and then there's freaking out due to a bad impression. I haven't seen a lot of freaking out on Bulbagarden at all, but in other places it's crazy.

I think Mewtwo's new form looks very cool. I'm hoping it'll be real, there can never be enough new forms for old Pokemon. I wish people would stop being so dang negative about possible new forms.

Forgive me, but I believe the point in these discussions is to discuss our opinions on these topics. If others are saying negative comments it is because they do not like the idea of a new forme. We could easily tell you to stop being positive with possible new forms. Our opinions are our opinions. We're entitled to ours just as much as you're entitled to yours.

I guess the negativity gets to be too much. :/ So many people are jumping the gun and calling this "ruined forever!", it really grinds my gears. I mean, there's having a negative opinion, and then there's freaking out due to a bad impression. I haven't seen a lot of freaking out on Bulbagarden at all, but in other places it's crazy.

That's what these forums are for. Discussing ones opinion. If someone says so many negative comments about it, that just shows how strongly they feel about it. You can't expect to hang around forums, only reading positive things. Negatives comments go hand in hand with all the positive comments.

When I saw the New Mewtwo, I didn't mind the look, I thought it looked okay. I was really hoping it was fake though, because I do not want to see an alternate forme of Mewtwo. Now that they've announced it is real, I am hoping it is a new Pokemon. I'd much prefer to see a new Pokemon than a new forme based on a new Pokemon. Still, seeing this new Mewtwo with official art and seeing him battle in game, it does look quite cute. I'm hoping it is a new Pokemon. Perhaps another Mew clone, that escaped before the laboratory blew up, and nobody knew it survived until now.

See? I was correct, I knew it was real. No, I didn't have any secret sources, I just knew from looking at it.

That being said, besides the thrill of being right, I'm kind of so-so on this. I would much prefer a New Genesect Form, or a New New Pokemon, over a New Mewtwo Form...and yes, I still think that's what it ultimately is given the placement on the poster. Unless they've pulled a huge run-around and the original Mewtwo actually isn't even in the film in the first place. 0.o

Although, I think it'd be interesting if this was a non-Legendary version of Mewtwo like Phione is to Manaphy, giving us a chance to utilize it in tournaments and the in-game Battle Arenas and such. I kind of like the look of it though regardless.

Unless they've pulled a huge run-around and the original Mewtwo actually isn't even in the film in the first place. 0.o
It has been confirmed that the new trailer, which will be released on the 18th, will feature both the original Mewtwo and its new counterpart. The trailer is supposed to shed light on their mystery.

Although, I think it'd be interesting if this was a non-Legendary version of Mewtwo like Phione is to Manaphy, giving us a chance to utilize it in tournaments and the in-game Battle Arenas and such. I kind of like the look of it though regardless.
Phione isn't usable in tournaments or in the in-game battle facilities. I think that most fans would agree that Phione wasn't one of Game Freak's better ideas.

Phione isn't usable in tournaments or in the in-game battle facilities.

Wait, really?

I've always been under the assumption that part of its purpose was to provide a "cheap", usable version of a Legendary Pokemon for those who couldn't obtain Manaphy through Ranger. Is its stats actually ban-worthy?

Regardless though, I'd still think an offset of Mewtwo that's Lucario/Zoroark level and usable in the serious in-game battle facilities would be pretty neat though.

I've always been under the assumption that part of its purpose was to provide a "cheap", usable version of a Legendary Pokemon for those who couldn't obtain Manaphy through Ranger. Is its stats actually ban-worthy?
It's probably banned due to being event-exclusive, although that wasn't the case for Zorua or Zoroark.

I thought this would be interesting to add...

BqZfkzg.jpg

NeoGAF - View Single Post - PokéBOMB 2: Electric Boogaloo (New X and Y info)

Attachments

• BqZfkzg.jpg
    BqZfkzg.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 140

I'm glad to have that settled. Obviously, the leaker can be trusted since the movie poster is real.

Eclair form? Like "flash?" (double meaning- super fast... which fits the movie)

Eclair form? Like "flash?" (double meaning- super fast... which fits the movie)

That's the first thing I thought. Maybe its speed stat will be high so it can match Extremespeed Genesect. I also considered if it has something to do with the event Mewtwo getting Hurricane, since there is sometimes lightning during storms.

If Speed is a focus, that explains that thing on its head. It's like the thing on the back of cars I guess.

I guess they're trying to go for the term "lightning fast speed" with Mewtwo's new forme. I hope it's different enough from Deoxys-Speed forme to make it worth it.

On another note, I wonder why does Mewtwo's true power, or "the real Mewtwo" involve speed specifically?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom