• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

I don't hate these rumors, but I'm inclined to call bullshit on them if for no other reason than it is heavy on the fan-service. It sounds too good to be true. Though the leaker sounds pretty convincing, to be honest, and the idea of Sycamore being the Champion sounds intriguing and not impossible, especially considering we already know we get to battle him.

I think the fact that you do battle him AND defeat him more than once before actually challenging him as a champion makes it less possible that he is the champion. Plus being a champion AND a professor? Kinda gary-stu, that's a pretty big role to have.

I don't hate these rumors, but I'm inclined to call bullshit on them if for no other reason than it is heavy on the fan-service. It sounds too good to be true. Though the leaker sounds pretty convincing, to be honest, and the idea of Sycamore being the Champion sounds intriguing and not impossible, especially considering we already know we get to battle him.

I think the fact that you do battle him AND defeat him more than once before actually challenging him as a champion makes it less possible that he is the champion. Plus being a champion AND a professor? Kinda gary-stu, that's a pretty big role to have.

I think it makes perfect sense that someone who has devoted their time to studying pokemon would know rather a lot about their combative capabilities, and therefore be able to rise through the ranks to become Champion. It's something we've never had before and would add a really interesting dynamic to the game, even if we do battle him throughout the game a few times. Obviously his team would change for the championship battle. If it turns out that he is champion, I would imagine that his area of research would turn out to be a pokemon's offensive capabilities.

Personally I think Sycamore being the Champion is a brilliant dynamic to bring to the table. And the idea that his specified topic of Pokémon research being offensive capabilities is really interesting. Hell, he could even introduce the player to EV's and IV's. I suspect that IF Sycamore is the League Champion then we'll only battle him once at the beginning of the game, where he'll go easy on us to teach players the basics of battling. If he battles us anymore throughout the game though... Then it just wouldn't make sense for him to either:
1) Level up his team at the same time as the player
2) Switch between his "Champion team" and player-battling team all the time

Still, assuming Sycamore is the champion, I am very okay with this.

The pokebeach leak is enough to make this false. Gym 4 is fighting not rock, and did't the IAMLEAKER rumor from the pokejungle comment area have the same errors, in which he discredits magileif? There's wanting things you guys, and then there's being plain ol dumb. Wisen up people!

Also talonflame middle stage? Good god no, its already a beast with that typing and its chunky beast look is more than staraptor or pidgeot ever had.

The pokebeach leak is enough to make this false. Gym 4 is fighting not rock, and did't the IAMLEAKER rumor from the pokejungle comment area have the same errors, in which he discredits magileif? There's wanting things you guys, and then there's being plain ol dumb. Wisen up people!

Also talonflame middle stage? Good god no, its already a beast with that typing and its chunky beast look is more than staraptor or pidgeot ever had.

I am pretty sure that last list was just the iamtheleaker rumors summed up in dot point form with some opinion from whoever summed it up.

If he couldn't even remember the second gyms typing why would he be right about the fourth gym being fighting?

That's all I have to say.

Good god no, its already a beast with that typing and its chunky beast look is more than staraptor or pidgeot ever had.
It happens to be the same typing as Charizard, who isn't exactly a beast in the metagame.

I don't generally think people believe in or trust the recent rumours, but think that some parts of them make sense or would make for good gameplay/interesting dynamics.

I do agree that Talonflame doesn't look at all like a middle-stage. It's not at all adolescent like Staravia, Tranquill or Pidgeotto, and the fact that it has three V's on its tail instead of Fletchling's one does suggest that it is the third in a three-stage evolution.

don't know if anyone posted this yet but...

http://i.imgur.com/UfmFYSS.png

Pokemon Evolutions:
* Chespin evolves into Shinnut at 18, then Chinken at 36. Chinken is defensive with armor and long spikes (Grass/Dark).
* Fennekin evolves into Kinduples at 18, then Feuensis at 36. Feuensis is a large fox with a necklace of will-o-wisps (Fire/Psychic).
* Froakie evolves into Ribburai at 18, then Crokssin at 36. Crokssin has the appearance of a ninja (Water/Fighting; who else is naming theirs Jiraiya? =D).
* Litleo evolves into Blazic (Fire/Poison) at Lv15, then Mantiroar at 32
* Helioptile evolves into Solaragon (Electric/Dragon) at Lv 35
* Noivern is evolved from Screeclaw (Lv30), then Whyrill (Lv45)
* Fletchling evolves into Talonflame at Lv14, then Scorchawk at 30
* Swirlix evolves into Candilix (Fairy) with use of a Moon Stone
* Spritzee evolves into Apothingo (Fairy/Flying) with use of a Moon Stone
* Clauncher evolves into Cannoclaw (Water/Electric) at Lv28
* Skrelp evolves into Weeslep at level 28
* Mawile, Sableye, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce and Quilfish are getting evolutions
* Miltank, Tauros, Throh, Sawk and Audino are getting pre-evolutions.
* Flabebe has a 3-stage evolutionary line.

Kalos Region:
* After visiting Lumiose, the player is directed to the west coast, then doubled-back to the east.
* Team Flare's headquarters is located in the desert.
* The Pokemon League is the castle near Vaniville Town.
* The story is not based on or around Yggdrasil (sadness).
* Gym Leaders are Viola (Bug), Danica (Fairy), Clement (Electric), Grant (Rock), Jet (Flying), Petunia (Grass), Blaise (Fire) and Lilith (Dark).
* Elite Four and Champion are Elizabeth (Bug?), Charles (Psychic), Louis (Ground), Isabella (Ice) and Sycamore (Mixed).
* Sycamore uses the fully evolved forms of all three starters, Noivern, Flabebe's evolution, and an Electric/Dark cheetah.
* Roue 1 contains Fletchling and a new groundhog Pokemon.
* Santalune Forest is home to Spewpa, Scatterbug and Pancham.
* Team Flare is taking advantage of Pokemon and manipulating sources of power to make money.

New Pokemon
* Approximately 130 new Pokemon
* Mewtwo has two new forms: the form featured in the movie is its "Y" form with high speed.
* The last title legendary beside Xerneas and Yveltal is a Poison-type snake.
* There's another trio of Fairy-types based on nature: Fire, Ground and Water.
* There may be an event legendary that's Fairy/Flying to go with the previously mentioned trio.
* There's a Nymph Pokemon.
* There is a 3-stage Water/Psychic dolphin line.
* There is a 3-stage Fire/Bug fire ant line.
* There is a 3-stage Dark jaguar line (possibly ending with the Electric/Dark cheetah?)
* The psuedo-legendary is a Fairy/Fighting minotaur called Minobaste with an astronomical Attack stat.
* Unnamed groundhog found early on (this generation's Ratatta, no doubt; possibly Normal/Ground?)

Miscellaneous:
* None of the legendaries are stronger than Arceus.
* No new Pokemon fusion effects.
* About 30 new items.
* The pace is fairly balanced and gym battles are moderately difficult.
* The 4th gym leader is especially difficult.
* Fairy is SE against Dark and Fighting, and weak to Poison, Steel and Ice (yayness!).
* Fairy Wind is the same as Ancientpower and Silver Wind (60 power, may raise all stats).

My mind blown, dude! What is that guy?! This is the best bullshit ever, I guess...

@Stratelier;
First off I didn't mention the metagame, I meant in-game a flying/fire bird is really unique and gives you major type coverage for a good chunk of the types. Second, stat distro is different between starters and regional birds, which can make a difference. Like staraptor with the right focus on certain stats it can be viable.

And sure some parts sound logical, that's what rumors do. They heap on the trending fan theories to gain mileage.

At this point I don't think Dark is ever going to get a gym. We're going to get a Fairy-type Gym long before we get Dark. Lulz.

The gym leader's names are all over the place, too. From the the gym leader's we already know, it seems the gym leader names are based on plants/fruit, and basically none of the new names do that, and I don't understand where Danica is coming from at all.

Dance? As in Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies and such?

As much as I like the Cheetah, Fire Ant, and Minotaur lines, I'm gonna call BS on that one, why would a rumour mention ''the gyms are fairly difficult, and the fourth one is specially difficult''? It seems rather stupid if you ask me, and yes, Sycamore being champs would be new, but it would also be pretty impossible for a single person to devote to these two professions, also, if you battle and beat him before the Champion Battle, then what's new about the actually battling him as a champion?

But did you not do the exact same thing in RB with Blue/Gary?

I don't know why no one has commented on this, but do you guys really think Game Freak, who implemented an over-active censor system in their GTS, who removed references to gambling for international games, would have a gym leader named Lilith.

I don't know why no one has commented on this, but do you guys really think Game Freak, who implemented an over-active censor system in their GTS, who removed references to gambling for international games, would have a gym leader named Lilith.

I don't get the inappropriateness of that name.
Although some of the gym leader names I do like. The fire-type leader he mentioned is named Blaise, and that's the exact spelling and name that I have. Which makes me happy :D

Last edited:

Whenever I hear Lilith I think of the Darkstalkers character...

Also, I like Sycamore and all, but I kinda don't want him to be champion. I hope he ends up as a powerful post-game battle. There's usually at least one of those anyways.

But if he did end up champion, I would object to it.

I don't get the inappropriateness of that name.

I'm pretty sure blatantly naming a character after a prominent female demon from the bible isn't something Game Freak would do.

I call bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit on all these rumors. The only ones I'm believing at this moment are the PokéBeach ones, all others I could give a flying fat rats ass about to be quite honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom