• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

"Hello. I am an employee of Nintendo..."

That one gets me every time.

Dragaeon is a bad name for an eeveelution. Where does Mongur come from? It doesn't make sense. Also, the Sableye evolution doesn't have an eye pun.

I would expect Stantler to evolve into a Psychic-type more than a Fairy-type after looking at its Pokédex entries.

I think illusions/reality warping and alluring scents related more to Fairy than Psychic, particularly as we have Spritzee which is known to smell pleasantly. Of course, it's not the only pokemon related to smells (see grass type), but there are not many that have a strong connection without having flowers. Illusions are also something proven to not be bound to psychic, as the illusion pokemon is dark-typed. Perhaps it's hinting that there will be a new stone relating to Fairies, and that Stantler will evolve into something via that? It certainly wouldn't be the first time that an old pokemon has gained a new evolution via a newly introduced stone. This is of course just my opinion.

I personally hope that the one about Helioptile evolving into a snake is one of the false ones (assuming some are true, which I will reserve judgement on), as I really hope it stays lizard-like.

The one about the biggest scoop makes me think of of the Vaniluxe line, and the coming CoroCoro. Perhaps the 'biggest scoop' just means that Vanilish will have a split evolution into a banana split/parfait? Who knows, but the GF trolling would be hilarious if that was what they meant by 'biggest scoop'.

I guess only time will tell which of these (if any) are true.

Dragaeon... Seems legit.

The names of the supposed evolutions of Mawile and Sableye are so terrible.

The whole Flip Evolution thing makes me laugh, honestly. I know GameFreak occasionally likes to do somewhat-unique things regarding evolving (Karrablast and Shelmet, anyone?), but flipping the 3DS upside down to evolve? That's a bit too Farfetch'd to me. xD

Dragaeon is kind of a terrible name IMO, if there were to be a Dragon Eeveelution, I'd hope they'd think up a better name. I don't really think we're getting a second Eeveelution this generation though. I can sort of believe the flip evolution part at this point, something like that was mentioned in Pokebeach's rumor set. Not sure about the part where a Pokemon has "luster" but it sorta seems believeable and Pokemon-amie could make Pokemon evolve in some way.

- Pseudo-legendary is a fan-term and a fan distinction. Any kind of official source would not call a Pokémon one.

I don't see why not. "Shiny" only became an official term in gen V, didn't it? "Eeveelution" also originated in the fandom but became an official term.

@Neptune's Disciple Stantler does learn a few Psychic-type moves by leveling up. Also, in the anime, it used Hypnosis to create the illusions. It's also possible for Stantler to learn Trick Room through TM; it's a reality warping move.

- Pseudo-legendary is a fan-term and a fan distinction. Any kind of official source would not call a Pokémon one.

I don't see why not. "Shiny" only became an official term in gen V, didn't it? "Eeveelution" also originated in the fandom but became an official term.
Except that a Shiny Pokémon is a clear designation. What is and isn't a psuedo-legendary isn't.

The whole Flip Evolution thing makes me laugh, honestly. I know GameFreak occasionally likes to do somewhat-unique things regarding evolving (Karrablast and Shelmet, anyone?), but flipping the 3DS upside down to evolve? That's a bit too Farfetch'd to me. xD

The pokebeach leaker already mentioned this means of evolution and roughly 50% of those leaks, including English names, have proven accurate and nothing has so far been proven incorrect, so disbelieving that particular piece of information is a bit ridiculous at this point.

The 'puzzle' rumors are almost certainly BS, but I rather find myself wanting to figure them out anyway...

^About mentioning Pseudo-legendary issue, I don't really believe the rumors, but the person who leaked the information obviously did not do so in any official capacity, so he can say pseudo legendary all he wants. He played the game and mentioned he played others so he's probably familiar with the fan terminology and it was mentioned by someone on the board first, so I don't think the fact that he used the term "pseudo-legendary pokemon" proves or disproves anything on its own.

I really don't know, Flip Evolution is the most credible thing in that false!leak.

Flip evolution has been an ongoing rumor for a while. It's entirely possible with the gyro controls in the 3DS, especially for a Pokemon like Inkay. Inkay's design becomes somewhat flipped in Malamar. You can see the bubbley hat thing on Inkay becomes almost like a robe for Malamar. Plus, Inkay is known as the "Revolving Pokemon" while Malamar is the "Overturning Pokemon". Inkay also learns a new move called Topsy-Turvy. It makes sense and is entirely possible, especially with these two new revealed Pokemon.

Spotted among Pokejungle's latest rumor compilation...

There will be an ability which negates the effects of Spikes and Stealth Rock...
Doesn't Magic Guard do that already?

As for the supposed Dragon eeveelution. Well, fakemon fanart has a wide pool of names speculated already, here's (some of) what I find on dA:
- Agamemeon
- Amphiseon (Amphisbaena. And yes, really)
- Astraleon
- Azureon
- Basheon
- Beryleon
- Caligaeon
- Chimereon
- Deveon
- Dargoneon (that is not a typo)
- Draceon
- Dracheon
- Draconeon
- Drageon
- Drakeon (most popular name)
- Drameon
- Ekardeon
- Excaleon
- Fangeon
- Fafneon (Fafnir)
- Geeon
- Golgeon
- Guardeon
- Impereon
- Irileon
- Kirineon
- Komodeon
- Levitheon (leviathan)
- Lizeon
- Lizardeon (sounds too close to Lizardon, aka Charizard)
- Lungeon
- Lureon
- Metoreon
- Mytheon
- Nihoneon
- Ormreon
- Orocheon (Orochi)
- Pheoxeon
- Questeon
- Rageon
- Reptileon
- Roareon
- Ryeon (ryu)
- Ryujeon
- Sacreon
- Saureon
- Scaleon
- Scylleon (Scylla)
- Serpeon
- Spireon
- Tatseon
- Tatzeleon
- Vritraeon
- Wyrmeon
- Wyveon (wyvern)
- Wyverneon
- Zeneon

That's a lot, and it covers 21 letters of the alphabet even. But I have to say that "Fafneon" is definitely my favorite name on the list. One somebody also designed their Dragon eeveelution with "Western" and "Eastern" formes, which is awesome.

Last edited:

Although the 'puzzle rumors' posted earlier are probably fake as all get out...I couldn't help deciphering them. They aren't very hard, really.

Harimaron (Chespin) - dark typed (?) something isn't so SOLID about that, it isn't set in STONE so don't get your hopes up.

Nymphia (Sylveon) is as alone as I am, guess its flying SOLO

Erikiteru (Helioptile) who's laughing now, I ain't so frightened anymore, when I go big I'm completely different, don't you love Arbok's neck?

Shushupu (Spritzee) a mask hides a SPLIT personality

Xerneas for the LIFE of me I can't figure its role out, it's like Yveltal has DESTROYED my brain and I can't think.

When I'm eating Ice Cream I always take the BIGGEST SCOOP but I'm always a littler let down.

Odoshishi (Stantler) you touched the fairy stone.

So basically:

- Chespin's evolution isn't dark, but rock type.
- Sylveon is the only new eveelution.
- Helioptile get's very large and different, with a big hood/frill when it evolves.
- Spritzee has a split evolutionary tree, maybe.
- Xerneas symbolizes life and Yveltal symbolizes Death.
- The Big Scoop Smash or CoroCoro, whichever one is promising, is a total letdown.
- Stantler evolves via a new fairy stone or henge-like location into a fairy type.

Eh, they aren't exactly that spoilery of rumors, are they? Nothing really outlandish in there.

^ I really want Chespin to be Rock! I really hope (while somewhat unlikely) that Chespin becomes Grass/Rock rather than Grass/Dark.

There's Grass/Dark, Grass/Rock, and Grass/Ground as possible evolution types for Chespin.

@LimitCrown Stantler most certainly does learn some psychic moves by level up, but it's obviously not a psychic type, otherwise it would have been from the start. Now with Fairy, they're able to explain its somewhat mysterious 'other' powers.

In the anime, it uses Hypnosis to cause the illusions. Hypnosis is a Psychic-type move. It isn't unusual for Psychic-type Pokémon to be able to create illusions. For example, Unown are able to create illusions.

Nothing against the anime, but let me just say this: The anime universe means jack-all to the game universe, and it's the game developers that put out new pokemon, etc. so whatever happens in the anime has no bearing on what the game developers choose to do with pokemon. If you want to make any kind of point, just don't bring up the anime. It's not even sort of canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom