• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Hopefully the rumour about 80 new Pokemon isn't true. I know the Kalos regional dex is going to be fairly big by the looks of thigns, and that they can always update the games in a few years with DLC and stuff, but 80 just doesn't seem... right. 100 at the least, so I'm hoping that rumour isn't true. We already know 29(?) of the new Pokemon at this stage.

I really doubt we would know 30 Pokemon if there were only going to be 80 total.

Does Anyone else remember, earlier on when XY where announced, that some GameFreak directors said that gen 6 would feature less pokemon than the others? And that gen 6 would largely focus on unused type combinations?

That was a fake leak from some idiot who tried to claim the only new Gen 6 Pokemon would be starters and Legendaries.

There should be a lot of Pokemon. The dex is split up into three sections.

There should be a lot of Pokemon.

Definitely, but judging by the amount of Pokémon revealed so far, I think a good part of the Kalos dex will be composed of Pokémon from old gens.

Any old legendaries in-game, you think?

I still think that the rumored second form of Mewtwo is Mew's Mega Evolution. So yeah, I agree that Mew is a likely guess.

I hope it's like HGSS where we can catch pretty much all of the legendaries post-game. I think BW2 had a fair few available, but not as many? I could be getting mixed up here though.

I'll be disappointed if there aren't at least 100 new Pokemon, but I'd prefer around 120 with about 25 or so Megas (I don't want Megas to become too commonplace - more of a really special thing.

I hope it's like HGSS where we can catch pretty much all of the legendaries post-game. I think BW2 had a fair few available, but not as many? I could be getting mixed up here though.
Yeah HGSS had a ton of legendaries. In addition to the five Johto legendaries (none of them version exclusive) you also had all four Kanto legendaries (again, none version exclusive), Latios/Latias, Kyogre/Groudon (version exclusives) and Rayquaza. That's 14 total, 11 of them catchable in-game during a single playthrough.

I'm gonna backtrack to the Rumours of Glow Punch being Fairy type and people saying Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, which is hugely impossible. I see Glow Punch sort of like Fire, Thunder and Ice Punch. Glow Punch likely is Fairy type and Fennekin could possibly evolve into a Mixed Attack Fire/Fairy type, ala Lucario.

Glow Punch is reportedly supereffective on Litleo, a Fire/Normal type, strongly implying it's Yet Another Fighting-type Punch (tm).

I'll be disappointed if there aren't at least 100 new Pokemon, but I'd prefer around 120 with about 25 or so Megas (I don't want Megas to become too commonplace - more of a really special thing.

I agree with you, I don't want the Mega evolutions to become the main gimmick of the generation, I want at least 30 or so Mega formes, same goes for Fairy types, since both were revealed, Megas and Fairies have essentially become the main focus of Gen 6, I want at least 115 Pokemon at the most, 100 at the least, and not make it nothing but a new type and a new gimmick, like how Gen 4 had a lot of new evolutions to older Pokemon to supliment the older generations, and there was 13 legendaries and only 70 or so original Pokemon.

I do still want regular evolutions to older Pokemon, and not have it limited to Sylveon only (and I don't like Sylveon) while the rest are Mega Evolutions and nothing more.

^Yeah, missed my chance at that Mew event...

Right, looking back on the info from the PGS given by jungle, I remember the official Pokémon-Amie art (Riolu holding a bunch of berries), I'd like to assume that to make "Pofflé" berries may be involved. And if that's the case, I hope there's also an in-game way of utilizing berry growth as well.

I'm honestly not sure how many Pokemon we should be getting ever since the reveal of Mega Evos. This being an even numbered generation we should have expected somewhere around 100 new Pokemon with fewer completely new Pokemon that than considering Gamefreak likes to load even numbered gens with cross-gen evos. But with the presence of Mega Evos we definitely won't be seeing too many proper evos since Gamefreak will probably give those Pokemon that they feel are lacking Mega Evos rather than proper evos. They may even decide to do away with that old tradition of fewer Pokemon for even numbered gens. I think that would be pretty great! More Pokemon would always be appreciated.

Any old legendaries in-game, you think?

Mewtwo.

They might bring in some old trio's as well for post-game. They like doing that.

You know even Mew is a likely guess imo.
They won't put Mew in unless it's an event like Emerald's.

Nah, y'know what? How about they just give us some of these event-only Pokemon like Mew ingame for a change. Gamefreak's been changing all sort of traditions for this generation, so how about they change this one too. Hell, they don't even have to this for the newest generation Pokemon. Just doing it for the older generations event Pokemon would be nice.

Did anyone actually use an Audino on their team? I've never heard of anyone using that Pokemon, it pretty much exists to get the shit beat out of it for EXP.

This guy does and it's just amazing to see what it can do!

How about they just give us some of these event-only Pokemon like Mew ingame for a change.
I hear you can trade for a Mew in My Pokemon Ranch without needing an event, and PAL versions of Pokemon Channel can give you a Jirachi . . . but that's about it.

i just dont want a dozen legendaries, most of which being out-of-game event only.... it makes them feel like they werent adding to the story and were just a 'heres a cool idea but we cant make it fit, so here you go'

id like ot go back to the gen 2 on legendaries....maybe gen 3 mascots, maybe a third to the mascot trio, an 'actual' trio, maybe a pair of opposing legendaries and a stand alone legend or 2.
we've been seeing an irritating legendary creep since the start
gen1: 5
gen2: 6
gen3: 10 (!)
gen4: 14 (sigh)
gen5: 13 (whew)

and a lot of gen 4 and 5 felt like fluff legendaries that didnt add to the game or story. i could see gen 3's numbers for legendaries, but i pray there arent many more. especially if the mew duo are making an appearance already.

i just dont want a dozen legendaries, most of which being out-of-game event only.... it makes them feel like they werent adding to the story and were just a 'heres a cool idea but we cant make it fit, so here you go'

id like ot go back to the gen 2 on legendaries....maybe gen 3 mascots, maybe a third to the mascot trio, an 'actual' trio, maybe a pair of opposing legendaries and a stand alone legend or 2.
we've been seeing an irritating legendary creep since the start
gen1: 5
gen2: 6
gen3: 10 (!)
gen4: 14 (sigh)
gen5: 13 (whew)

and a lot of gen 4 and 5 felt like fluff legendaries that didnt add to the game or story. i could see gen 3's numbers for legendaries, but i pray there arent many more. especially if the mew duo are making an appearance already.

I'd actually argue Gen 1 was the worst in that regard as there was no point to the Legendary Birds and Mew was only fleshed out due to its attachment to Mewtwo then anything else. In fact, I'd also argue they got better about handling their legendaries as time went on as aside from a spare few here and there each had a backstory and decent importance, plus they add to the region's story by having their stories affect what happens there.

I guess in short, to me it's not the number, it's what they do with the legendaries and I feel that the later generations were better about that.

I'd actually argue Gen 1 was the worst in that regard as there was no point to the Legendary Birds and Mew was only fleshed out due to its attachment to Mewtwo then anything else. In fact, I'd also argue they got better about handling their legendaries as time went on as aside from a spare few here and there each had a backstory and decent importance, plus they add to the region's story by having their stories affect what happens there.

I guess in short, to me it's not the number, it's what they do with the legendaries and I feel that the later generations were better about that.

true enough. but i feel like legendaries such as cresselia, heatran, meloetta, manaphy, phione, (even genesect didnt seem to be 'involved' in the world) didnt have much connection to anything either.... i guess nostalgia goggles fogged me from remembering that the birds were just 'there' (and i think the pokemon movies i watched made me think they contributed more). i just feel like gen 3 had the good balance. only 1 'event' legendary a couple trios and a duo.

fluff legendaries just irk me, as well as event legendaries for the sake of adding legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom