• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

@Scarftail;
Thanks for the clarification on that. I'm fairly certain then that 65 SAtk cannot OHKO a Gabite with a STAB base 60 power Fairy Wind, and I have trouble believing that it has higher base power than that.

Too bad, it's playing more like Vaporeon rather than making a contrast with Umbreon. Kind of also sucks that this "Dragon Killer" is physically weak in its defenses since you know, most dragons have high Attack and doesn't have Vaporeon's HP to compensate. Combine that with Mega Mawile's weakness to fire and ground, and Gardevoir being defensively weak on the physical side as well....I'm beginning to question whether any fairy was made to have the stats to counter dragons or if Game Freak simply went "being Fairy is enough"

@Scarftail;
Thanks for the clarification on that. I'm fairly certain then that 65 SAtk cannot OHKO a Gabite with a STAB base 60 power Fairy Wind, and I have trouble believing that it has higher base power than that.

Too bad, it's playing more like Vaporeon rather than making a contrast with Umbreon. Kind of also sucks that this "Dragon Killer" is physically weak in its defenses since you know, most dragons have high Attack and doesn't have Vaporeon's HP to compensate. Combine that with Mega Mawile's weakness to fire and ground, and Gardevoir being defensively weak on the physical side as well....I'm beginning to question whether any fairy was made to have the stats to counter dragons or if Game Freak simply went "being Fairy is enough"

Yeh, but so far (discounting Sylveon) those Fairy type Pokemon are all retcons - we still have no idea on the stats of Flabebe (its evolution could surprise us), Spritzee, Swirlix, or even Xerneas. And then that's disregarding the fact that there is probably going to be a lot more Fairy Pokemon introduced.

Spritzee is the doctor Pokemon or something yeh? I could easily see its evolution having high HP and defenses to combat dragons.

How would that explain Sylveon losing 41 HP worth of damage from a critical hit Take Down?

@pastabender;
Flabébé is still weak to fire, which a lot of Dragons pair their STAB with. But true, the others haven't been revealed.

@LimitCrown;
Good point. So we know its 95 HP. From Scarftail's calculation, its 110 Def. Given that Sylveon survived that critical hit STAB Life orb boosted Hydropump, we know that SDef has to be high (so 130). I really hope that my initial random prediction that I made with little consideration of any other information that it's stat distribution is basically a physical/special mirror of Umbreon's is true and that there's a Draceon they didn't think was worth advertising

Umbreon is meant to be more like a (Sp)Def tank while Sylveon seems to be Special-oriented. I don't think they're really a physical/special mirror.

More of a reason for Flabebe to not evolve into Fairy/Grass.

I still think that Fairy Wind deals 40 or 60 base damage. How did Sylveon manage to beat the Politoed?

I still think that Fairy Wind deals 40 or 60 base damage. How did Sylveon manage to beat the Politoed?

With Moon Blast. I'd assume that's a move with 95 to 120 base power.

With Moon Blast. I'd assume that's a move with 95 to 120 base power.

Oh, I managed to forget.

I predict that Drain Kiss will have a base damage of 75 like the other Drain moves. Maybe we can more accurately determine Sylveon's base Sp. Attack this way. It seems like all Pokémon are IV-trained and some of the Pokémon's stats have 252 EVs like Gallade.

@LimitCrown;
Good point. So we know its 95 HP. From Scarftail's calculation, its 110 Def. Given that Sylveon survived that critical hit STAB Life orb boosted Hydropump, we know that SDef has to be high (so 130). I really hope that my initial random prediction that I made with little consideration of any other information that it's stat distribution is basically a physical/special mirror of Umbreon's is true and that there's a Draceon they didn't think was worth advertising
If its Def is 110, then it's pretty much exactly the same as Umbreon, not a mirror. I somehow highly doubt this. I'm still sticking to the 110 SpAtk theory with no calculations to back it up..

Can't someone who has plays the demo just view the Pokémon's status section in battle and see what the base power is? If it's at EuroGamer next month, I'll be sure to do that.

Someone mentioned on here that the status screen was blanked out so we couldn't view the stats. Game Freak apparently knows we can do math and doesn't want us calculating the base stats.
And yet they've seemingly allowed random shinies...

Yeah, but shinies are strictly a cosmetic thing.

Sylveon can still jump in front of a jolly garchomp's earthquake and kill it with moonblast (depending on moonblast power) if its bold and 252 evs in def and hp, even if its 95hp/65def/110spatk.

I wish they would say what typing Fennekin's final form will be,

Sylveon can still jump in front of a jolly garchomp's earthquake and kill it with moonblast (depending on moonblast power) if its bold and 252 evs in def and hp, even if its 95hp/65def/110spatk.
I like this very much. :D

I wish they would say what typing Fennekin's final form will be,

Psychic.

So says WPM, and the fact it has both Psychic and Psybeam along with the rest of him rumors coming true more or less is a good sign.

I still think perhaps the original Grass/Fighting Water/Dark was correct though, I can see Ninja Froakie being either, but if Chespin is a knight (or kendo dude) like most people think, Dark seems a bit odd.

"Dark knight" theme maybe?

I predict that Drain Kiss will have a base damage of 75 like the other Drain moves.
Maybe 60. Judging by the exhibition battle it does seem to have 100% HP recovery instead of the usual 50%, in which case a base power 75 would basically make it an HP-draining Hyper Beam.

Last edited:

Then it won't kill Garchomp. Too little sp.attack. Attacking twice maybe, but by the time you use your second attack, opponent will switch. To say, Scizor, and kite you with priority.

If moonblast has 120 power, then, it has 37% chance of ohko garchomp with full hp. If moonblast has 140 power, its guaranteed ohko.
If moonblast is 130 power, its 81,25% chance ohko.
If moon blast has 120 power, a 252hp 252 def sylveon can survive 3 earthquakes from salamence( maybe 4 with leftovers) and ko it with moonblast even with bold nature and 0 evs in spatk.
It can also survive 3 earthquakes from adamant haxorus and ko it with moonblast. It means sylveon can jump in front of a haxorus's earthquake and ko it if moonblast has 120 base power.
But if psychic resists fairy, it wont kill latios, and he has psyshock to defeat sylveon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom