• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

"Dark knight" theme maybe?

I predict that Drain Kiss will have a base damage of 75 like the other Drain moves.
Maybe 60. Judging by the exhibition battle it does seem to have 100% HP recovery instead of the usual 50%, in which case a base power 75 would basically make it an HP-draining Hyper Beam.

Remember that Politoed was HP EV-trained while Sylveon probably wasn't. Also, most of the HP-draining moves were 60, but all of those values were changed to 75, so Draining Kiss likely deals 75 base damage.

Sylveon needs to be ev trained in hp and spdef to survive that critical hydro pump.

i would <3 to see fairy and dark be super effective on each other. its a concept ive been hoping for since i saw fairy type revealed :)

If fairy is the good type, itll likely be strong against deark, the evil type. Also, they could balance xerneas and yveltal giving a weaker signature move to xerneas. Maybe geomancy is like future sight, wich is not actually good. Ive seen yveltal dealing damage with oblivion wing, but not xerneas dealing damage with geomancy. In DP, dialga had advantage against palkia, but they balanced it giving a usefull signature move to palkia, and a dragon type hyper beam to dialga.

I am not sure if I like the idea of Fairy and Dark being effective against each other, mainly because that would lead people to think that Fairy is the "Light-type" with a different name. Also, technically Dark already have a "counterpart", which is Fighting, but then again Fighting also works as a counterpart to Psychic. It was never said that Fairy is the "good type", btw. On other hand, Dark being effective against one more type would great for Dark-type fans and I happen to be one.

Sylveon needs to be ev trained in hp and spdef to survive that critical hydro pump.

Is this assuming that the Hydro Pump attacks were at their lowest possible value in that situation? (r=0.85)

Last edited:

It was not water pulse, it was hydro pump. And yes, ive used as adamant 0 IV and EV politoed.

Oops, I made a mistake then. Why did you use a zero IV and EV Politoed?

To see the minimum damage a politoed could do in that conditions.

So, even if lvl. 50 Sylveon was a Perfect IV Pokémon and EV-trained in Sp. Def, it would still be KOed by a rain-boosted STAB Critical Hit Hydro Pump from Politoed without an EV-trained HP stat?

So, even if lvl. 50 Sylveon was a Perfect IV Pokémon and EV-trained in Sp. Def, it would still be KOed by a rain-boosted STAB Critical Hit Hydro Pump from Politoed without an EV-trained HP stat?

What are you assuming its stats to be? 95 HP and 130 Sp Def?

What are you assuming its stats to be? 95 HP and 130 Sp Def?

I think that Sylveon's base HP is certainly 95 assuming that the Sylveon in the Pokémon Smash Fairy-type reveal and the Sylveon in the English trailer didn't have any EVs and the one in the demo had perfect IVs. I would assume that Sylveon's Sp. Def was 130 which allowed it to survive the Hydro Pump attack.

EDIT: I tried to calculate the Def. of Sylveon by using Take Down. I can't calculate 41 HP worth of damage if the Pokémon have neutral natures. Non-neutral Natures exist in the demo.

Last edited:

I assumed sylveon had 95base hp and 130 base spdef. And, well, if the politoed was adamant and had 0 IV and EV in spatk, it would take at least 75.88% of sylveon's hp without evs in hp, even if sylveon had 252 EVs in spdef and perfect IVs in both spdef and hp. Im sure hydro pump didnt take 75.88% of sylveon's HP in that video.
If sylveon had calm nature, 252evs in HP and Spdef, politoed would take at least 58.41% of sylveons hp.

So let me get this straight... Sylveon has to have 95 base HP because we know that, 110 base Def because it takes identical damage to Umbreon from Take Down, 130 base Sp Def. because it needs to survive Politoed's Hydro Pump, and over 100 base Speed because it outsped Salamence? Looks like it's going to have a different stat allocation than the other Eeveelutions. Unless they redo the stats on the other ones. OR the Salamence in the video was holding a Macho Brace to screw with us.....

So let me get this straight... Sylveon has to have 95 base HP because we know that, 110 base Def because it takes identical damage to Umbreon from Take Down, 130 base Sp Def. because it needs to survive Politoed's Hydro Pump, and over 100 base Speed because it outsped Salamence? Looks like it's going to have a different stat allocation than the other Eeveelutions. Unless they redo the stats on the other ones. OR the Salamence in the video was holding a Macho Brace to screw with us.....

Do we know it outsped Salamence? Salamence may have simply used a status move to allow Sylveon to attack with full health or something.

Do we know it outsped Salamence? Salamence may have simply used a status move to allow Sylveon to attack with full health or something.
Sylveon outsped Salamence and OHKO'd with Moon Blast.

This means that 1) Salamence used Roar or is holding a Macho Brace 2) Sylveon's base speed is higher than 100 and breaks the Eeveelution stat allocation pattern 3) Salamence had 0 Speed EVs and Sylveon at base 65 had 255 EVs and either Sylveon had a speed boosting nature or Salamence had a speed reducing nature

So... its possible that Sylveon has 65 or 60 Speed, but it would mean that we were intentionally being tricked into thinking it was not.

Additionally, the for the Politoed situation, one of the following: 1) Politoed has 0 Sp att EVs, 0 Sp att IVs, a Sp Att reducing nature, and got the minimum damage on its Hydro Pump critical hit 2) Sylveon literally has base 255 Sp Def (which amusingly gives the correct damage amount) 3) STAB, Rain, or Critical hits were changed in a way that we don't know about yet

Leaving us with:
95 HP
60 or 65 Att
110 Def
60 or 65 Sp Att
130 Sp Def (or 255 which means that everything other than HP and Def could change)
60 or 65 Speed (or 100+ which means that everything other than HP and Def could change)

Last edited:

Aw, I'm gonna be so disappointed if Sylveon has crappy attack in both regular and Sp. I hate using tanky Pokemon.

Sylveon outsped Salamence and OHKO'd with Moon Blast.

As I said, do we have proof that Salamence didn't go first and use a non-damaging move (but was off-screened)?

Looking back, you could be right. They always arrange the cutscene to get the new pokemon/move to go first.

EDIT: Sylveon Moon Blast also OHKO'd Haxorus, looking at the Pokemon Smash video. That means that Moonblast either has 125+ base power coming off of a base 65 Sp Att, or Sylveon's Sp Att stat is higher than 65

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom