• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

As I said, do we have proof that Salamence didn't go first and use a non-damaging move (but was off-screened)?
Not to mention that Swords/Dragon Dance are the top status-boosting moves for Dragons. Makes that Outrage spam all the more better.

We will know all type relationships of fairy type within a few days. Corocoro will reveal them in september.

I predict Fairy and Fighting will resist each other. It would be an interesting relationship

I predict Fairy and Fighting will resist each other. It would be an interesting relationship

Fighting already does that with bug. if anything, fairy should be SE against fighting.

I think 110 base def. is too large for Sylveon because Sylveon can't take that much damage from Take Down normally.

Sylveon cant take that much damage from take down normaly? Why?

I don't know if my calculations are wrong, but it seems like the damage would be too low even with natures if both Pokémon were 31 IVs Pokémon and Sylveon's Def. was base 110.

I'm thinking maybe Sylveon's stats will be the Special counterpart to Leafeon's: Good Sp.Atk and better Sp.Def, with decent Speed.

Hear me out guys. I've seen a few of the users here speculating on the method of evolution for Pancham, which is supposedly to level up Pancham while having a Dark type Pokémon in your party. Some users on other forum sites have said that it is basically the same exact thing as Mantyke's method of evolution but I beg to differ. If you look at Mantyke's method of evolution it is more of a symbiotic thing (Symbiotic Evolution is what I like to call it) due to Remoraid usually clinging itself to Mantine to scavenge for leftovers and to also avoid foes. In the case of Pancham its more so of an "Influential Evolution" and that's what I'm calling it until further notice. You see Pancham are already known as the "Naughty Pokémon" (in Japan), the only thing is that they lack the Dark Typing to go along with that misbehaving nature that their constantly exhibiting. So what you need is a Pokémon who can teach Pancham how to truly bring out that Dark side and who better than a real Dark type Pokémon to do that job. Another Pokémon who is similar to Pancham but never gains a secondary typing to match the power and behavior it exhibits is Psyduck who never manages to gain the Psychic typing when it evolves into Golduck. Perhaps there could be a split evolution for Psyduck (or maybe even an evolution for Golduck) where it evolves into a Water/Psychic type if you level it up with a Psychic type Pokémon in your party. It could finally learn to fully and freely use its Psychic powers without ever having to go through a headache. The catch is since perhaps this could indicate Psyduck could evolve in Gens 1-5, you would need to give the Psychic type Pokémon in the party with Psyduck an item I thought of called the "Influential Orb". The item takes the type or types (depending if its a dual typed Pokémon) of the holder and exudes them to a high extent. I guess the orb could also maybe be handed to the Dark type Pokémon that is needed to help Pancham evolve into Pangoro.

Any thoughts on it all?

Hear me out guys. <snip>

Any thoughts on it all?

i am one of the guys considering it too similar to mantyke (though baby pokemon *spits*). i would still consider it in the 'symbiotic' evolutionary idea. i do believe a dark type is involved in the evolution. i think, however, that it has to do with being struck by an attack of that type. absorbing some of the 'energy' triggering the evolution. possibly after other circumstances are met (level, time of day, happiness) to prevent level 2 pangoros from running around.

dont take this is a criticism, more just a counterpoint :)

There is no indication of Pancham having to be hit by a Dark-type move in order to evolve. What we know so far (based solely on rumors) is that one need to have a Dark-type in their party to make Pancham evolve, so the idea of the Dark-type teaching how to be evil and influencing Pancham's behavior is the most likely to me.

Speaking of new evolution methods, I am more curious about Inkay's. Does it need to reach a certain level to evolve or one just need to turn the 3DS upside-down when it level up? That way, having a lvl 2 Malamar would be possible, so I think Inkay need to reach a certain level, in order to evolve into Malamar.

There is no indication of Pancham having to be hit by a Dark-type move in order to evolve. What we know so far (based solely on rumors) is that one need to have a Dark-type in their party to make Pancham evolve, so the idea of the Dark-type teaching how to be evil and influencing Pancham's behavior is the most likely to me.
as long as its something more sophisticated than putting pancham in a party with houndoom and levelling him up... thats kinda.. meh. perhaps requiring them to be simultaneous combatants in a multiple-mon (double, triple, rotation, etc) fight, and possibly having pancham out when the dark type uses a dark move? something that adds nuance to the method.

Pancham evolving into Pangoro is basically a young kid who grows up hanging around with the wrong crowd. It makes perfect sense that it would evolve with a Dark-type in the party, because Pancham and a Dark-type both being in your team is essentially Pancham hanging about with the wrong crowd.

Speaking of new evolution methods, I am more curious about Inkay's. Does it need to reach a certain level to evolve or one just need to turn the 3DS upside-down when it level up? That way, having a lvl 2 Malamar would be possible, so I think Inkay need to reach a certain level, in order to evolve into Malamar.

You could just as easily get a Lv.2 Leafeon/Glaceon (or any other Eeveelution), Lucario (evolves via friendship) ... heck, you can easily get a Lv.1 Scizor (evolves via trade), Porygon-Z....

Pancham evolving into Pangoro is basically a young kid who grows up hanging around with the wrong crowd. It makes perfect sense that it would evolve with a Dark-type in the party, because Pancham and a Dark-type both being in your team is essentially Pancham hanging about with the wrong crowd.

Pancham already acts like a mischievous child. Back when it was first revealed through CoroCoro, I was under the impression that it's main move (name escapes me, sorry) was essentially it blurting out an insult.

Yeah, Pancham is called the Naughty Pokemon in Japan, too. The evolution method and it gaining the Dark-type is meant to convey a child growing up with the wrong crowd of people influencing its behaviour and in most cases people that hang around with the wrong crowd of people are usually more inclined towards that sort of behaviour in the first place. So the same scenario applies to Pancham. It's already naughty and mischievous and only gets worse when in a group with a Dark-type. Sort of how two naughty children in a class always seem to play off of each other and act worse than if there is only one naughty child alone with no one to seek rapport from.

It's a basic idea of evolution, to require another type in the party, so I'm surprised it's taken so long to be included. I do like it though, it's more characterful than reaching a certain level.

I really love the concept with Pancham/Pangoro. To me, Pancham is basically a petulant child - naughty, testing the boundaries, and just being a little shit, but not inherently evil. Hell, if every petulant child grew up to be evil/a mob boss, then there would be a lot more people in the mafia. Often, bad kids will grow up to be perfectly normal and reasonable adults, but some will not, and often this can be due to influence and peer pressure, which is where it evolving by having another dark-type in the team comes in.

It's a basic idea of evolution, to require another type in the party, so I'm surprised it's taken so long to be included.

We already have that kind of evolution. Mantyke requires a Remoraid in the party to evolve. It's not something entirely new. Although unlike Pancham's speculated evolution, that's a specific species required, not a general type.

Though it's an interesting idea, I don't really think Pancham's evolution will be something that specific. I can see it being something as simple as a mere evolution by level, and I find it to be more likely than anything else.

I really love the concept with Pancham/Pangoro. To me, Pancham is basically a petulant child - naughty, testing the boundaries, and just being a little shit, but not inherently evil. Hell, if every petulant child grew up to be evil/a mob boss, then there would be a lot more people in the mafia. Often, bad kids will grow up to be perfectly normal and reasonable adults, but some will not, and often this can be due to influence and peer pressure, which is where it evolving by having another dark-type in the team comes in.
At the same time as it's capable of being ruthless, Pangoro is noted for having a good heart.

Though it's an interesting idea, I don't really think Pancham's evolution will be something that specific. I can see it being something as simple as a mere evolution by level, and I find it to be more likely than anything else.

Well the leaks said it evolves by levelling up with a Dark-type in your party, and look how much they've gotten right. Plus Pangoro is part Dark, so it makes sense thematically too. And the official site and Corocoro have pointed out that Pancham evolves into Pangoro through a new method of evolution, so that rules level evolution out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom