• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

I write for Game & Co. We're a games website from Holland that's a part of one of Holland's biggest newspapers. We publish in local newspapers every 2 weeks and we reach over a million (potential) readers with those articles.
Btw I'm not sure if these Pokébeach rumors have been debunked yet, but they are fake. However, there are three things on the list that are 50% true.
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

This dude got a copy of the game and he says the latest Pokébeach rumors are fake, except for some minor stuff. He won't confirm anything until the 4th.

Not really. The linework is good enough to fool but the coloring is obviously digital, and not even good digital. There's no grain or noise like you find with real traditional media.

What? The official art is digital.
Hmm . . . guess it is. (compare: Furret traditional vs Furret digital)

Still, the fakemon is not good digital. You look at something like Garchomp or Lucario and there's a lot more shading going on than just one or two washes of color/dodge/burn. (Okay, maybe that's not such a good comparison....)

Even something like Mega Ampharos or Mega Absol just shows a lot better . . . technique. (Okay, perhaps that's not a great comparison either.)

Or maybe we should compare the coloring to Patrat's, which has about 3 base colors, each with exactly one transition to highlight (and one to shadow). Patrat's shadows are all consistent in direction, where the shadows on the fakemon just . . . look random. No consistency to their direction at all (the one along its waist/hip fur being the biggest offender). And what's with that raised paw? The fakemon just comes off looking like a bad Furret clone to me.

Last edited:

Btw I'm not sure if these Pokébeach rumors have been debunked yet, but they are fake. However, there are three things on the list that are 50% true.
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

This dude got a copy of the game and he says the latest Pokébeach rumors are fake, except for some minor stuff. He won't confirm anything until the 4th.

So could that mean that Froakie isn't Water/Fighting? They said three things were 50% true and nothing about 100% true and Froakie being Water/Fighting is on the list.

I think the "50% true" things are Bunnelby's evo type, the list of Fairy retypes, and the Espurr pre-evo.

One of the things was probably that very generic description of Helioptile having an evolution. (C'mon Water/Dark Frogadier evo, c'mon Water/Dark)

So could that mean that Froakie isn't Water/Fighting? They said three things were 50% true and nothing about 100% true and Froakie being Water/Fighting is on the list.
I guess Froakie actually is Water/Fighting, but its final form's design isn't like the one described on Pokébeach. I guess one of the other two things that are 50% true is the Helioptile evolution being bipedal. Not sure about the third one though (Espurr maybe?).

Whoa, the guy just posted Chespin's final evolution...it was Orotto all along!

Oh, and there's a difference between that list and WPM's MageLeif rumors, the position of the Fairy Gym is different, from 2nd to 2nd to last.

Unless it's a version difference?

Can someone direct me to these newest leak developments?

Lol, don't screw with me like that, man >.< I was like, wait, what?

This is the thread, by the way. -GJ- is the guy who has the game for review. He's not really leaking, since he isn't allowed to, but he is debunking the bad rumors and describing some of the things he'd allowed to talk about in his review. But there is another guy who has spoiler stuff, I guess? I'm not done reading the thread yet.

Last edited:

Wat srsly

Also thirding request for rumour source. Oh, there it is. Thank you, time-traveling user.

The neogaf thread NoirGrimoir linked isn't the Italian one Garren is referring to... Oh and neogaf just went down. Funny because the -GJ- dude warned people to avoid posting anything related to leaks or else Nintendo would try to take the board down. :p

click

This is supposedly a screen shot of the inside of the pokemon center. It looks pretty convincing to me.

yeah, there's a tumblr post with that content in it. it seems pretty real to me, anyway. i can't read the neogaf thread since apparently the forum is down or something. :<

the new pokébeach rumours stink of fake to me -- i'd say he'd only got anything right by chance, or by some of his rumours riding off the back of the previous leaker.

click

This is supposedly a screen shot of the inside of the pokemon center. It looks pretty convincing to me.

The neogaf thread NoirGrimoir linked isn't the Italian one Garren is referring to...

Yeah, that's the one with the guy who debunked the recent rumors on pokebeach.
oh great almight noir please try and get a picture of new pokemon

Yeah, that's the one with the guy who debunked the recent rumors on pokebeach.
Yes, you just linked the exact same thread I just posted a few minutes ago.

What I am wondering is where Garren is taking the info he is posting from. Like this:

Garren said:
Oh, and there's a difference between that list and WPM's MageLeif rumors, the position of the Fairy Gym is different, from 2nd to 2nd to last.

Huh. From what I can see, these nurses look a lot like the Kalos Nurse Joys from the anime.

Wow, it's weird seeing that level of detail for a Pokemon Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom