• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

I really don't know why they'd decide not to do another Grass/Steel typing just because a lot of people use Ferrothorn competitively, or because some people complain it's "too strong". People have been complaining about Fire/Fighting, and that hasn't stopped them from releasing the typing as starters for three generations in a row. And they seem more than happy to ram Blaziken and Lucario down our throats, and plenty of people use them. Not saying that you're wrong, Zeta; just that I find their rationialization to be... flawed.

I don't think it's so much him as Masuda's weird comments on Ferrothorn. To be completely honest I'm not even sure what the hell he was talking about. I think they're were on the subject of balance updates/patches.

I think it's more that it is one of the only Grass-types that can actually threaten many Water-types since it is not weak to Ice. If there are more Grass-types without the Ice weakness I imagine Ferrothorn won't be too centralising. That may not be the only reason, I think. It's probable that it cannot be poisoned as a very bulky Pokemon too, which is another factor. Still, I do hope that we have more Grass/Steel-types (preferably a Specially inclined one), because one family is not enough.

Thanks for reading.

I think it's more that it is one of the only Grass-types that can actually threaten many Water-types since it is not weak to Ice. If there are more Grass-types without the Ice weakness I imagine Ferrothorn won't be too centralising. That may not be the only reason, I think. It's probable that it cannot be poisoned as a very bulky Pokemon too, which is another factor. Still, I do hope that we have more Grass/Steel-types (preferably a Specially inclined one), because one family is not enough.

Thanks for reading.

I think that's why the comment (if interpreted correctly) irks me. Grass is one of the only "major" types that consistently gets screwed when it comes to offensive battling. I don't see why one Pokemon with an interesting type (and a powerhouse at that) means that a mistake has been made.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see a bunch of Pokemon get this particular dual typing. But I don't think there's anything wrong with introducing one more to the mix. And I'd far prefer Grass/Steel to Grass/Dark.

I don't think it's so much him as Masuda's weird comments on Ferrothorn. To be completely honest I'm not even sure what the hell he was talking about. I think they're were on the subject of balance updates/patches.

I believe the comment was referring to balance - in that they're pretty sure the types are balanced now but who can tell because obviously stuff like Ferrothorn being top tier surprised them.

Hmm . . . guess it is. (compare: Furret traditional vs Furret digital)

Still, the fakemon is not good digital. You look at something like Garchomp or Lucario and there's a lot more shading going on than just one or two washes of color/dodge/burn. (Okay, maybe that's not such a good comparison....)

Even something like Mega Ampharos or Mega Absol just shows a lot better . . . technique. (Okay, perhaps that's not a great comparison either.)

Or maybe we should compare the coloring to Patrat's, which has about 3 base colors, each with exactly one transition to highlight (and one to shadow). Patrat's shadows are all consistent in direction, where the shadows on the fakemon just . . . look random. No consistency to their direction at all (the one along its waist/hip fur being the biggest offender). And what's with that raised paw? The fakemon just comes off looking like a bad Furret clone to me.

Yeah, generally simpler/smaller Pokemon have more basic shading like that. Take Pancham for example, it just has some shadows on its neck and hip area, highlights on its ears, and that's mostly it. You could say the highlights on the fakemon's waist are shaped kind of oddly, but there are a few Pokemon that do something similar, e.g. the highlights on Fennekin's ear hair or Talonflame's left wing.

Anyone know when we found out about Gen IV's final evolutions? Is there enough precedent for them to release the final Kalos starter evolutions literally a week before release (unless it's not a week and I'm just bad at counting)?

A few days before, IIRC. I think leaks should happen earlier this time because it's a worldwide release. There's a higher chance people are going to get the game early because of it getting distributed to more locations.

Last edited:

Apparently some leaked screens of someone who has the game. These seem legit to me.
eKi8VBd.png
M7kay9c.png

I hope these are legit, because the inside of the Pokemon Center looks amazing.

I hope they are legit because they look great, but most importantly, because if they are we should get final starter evos and more of the dex very soon.

These scans are from Pokejungle (I mean they were posted there earlier). They say they are from a Italian game Reviewer she brings her review out on Oct4.
Some other rumors got spilled out on Pokejungle as well. But I won´t comment that.

I hope they are legit because they look great, but most importantly, because if they are we should get final starter evos and more of the dex very soon.

Even if they were really the reviewers are sworn not to reveal the final evolutions

I really really really don't want Chespin to become Grass/Dark... I'm probably getting it but...Grass/Dark is one of the worst typings ever... 7 weaknesses.

Grass/Ground, Grass/Rock, and Grass/Steel would fit better for the explanation of what he's supposed to be in rumors. Unless GAME FREAK is doing "ChesNIGHT".

True, and those are all much better typings (especially Grass/Steel). But those first couple batches of Pokebeach leaks/rumors have been correct on almost every single part in them and they said Chespin becomes Grass/Dark. :(

Maybe it's typing? But regardless, I'm pretty sure Grass/Steel still has less weaknesses than Grass/Dark.

Seriously less. Grass/Dark has 7 weaknesses with one of them being 4x. Grass/Steel has 2 weaknesses with one being 4x. So Grass/Steel has 5 less weaknesses. Also, if Chespin became Grass/Dark, it would have more weaknesses than any other starter evo before it.

Last edited:

This appeared on 4Chan. Probably fake, but...
http://images.*********/vp/src/1380348231811.jpg

I am glad that the pokebeach rumors are almost confirmed to be fake now. I wasn't really fond of any of the pokemon revealed. Of the things that that they are rumored to be 50% true, I am guessig the fairy retypes, Espurr and maybe Keromatsu's typing.

Seeing as no one on 4chan is really discussing that evo, I'm inclined to believe it's fake.

If someone leak the starters final evolutions, we will likely see them in screenshots, not in their artworks. Plus, the art looks quite different from Sugimori's.

So, I think it is fake.

The issue with this 4 chan leak is that i really don´t know what to expect from the Chespin final stage! It´s something like the Oshawott line from BW I really didn´t see Samurott coming. It looks quite good and I wouldn´t mind to be real but I don´t know if that is what the creators are aiming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom