• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodra isn't part Fairy and can have Sap Sipper, apparently.

There's a lot of bullshit floating around by fake leakers.

So would people please post screens or links before insinuating something is/might be true?

This is a 'rumours' thread. People can insinuate whatever they want. That's literally what a rumour is. x)

Look smartass.
I asked nicely.
I didn't say rumors weren't allowed.
I said please back up information you think is factual.

Right now, legit leaks are going around and getting confused by dishonest information from posing leakers.

So if you come across a screen shot or actual piece of information, and you sincerely want to share that information with the people here- Please post the screen or link so we can believe you.

There's no reason to say stuff like "X leaker said Y" if you've just seen other people talking about it on the net.
Try saying something like "I've heard rumors of X leaker said Y."

that was a little rude, but okay.

the whole point of this thread right now is about potential leaks. people want to know what could be there, whether the rumour/leak is eventually debunked or not. sometimes even factual things have no apparent basis, but they eventually turn out to be true (e.g. pokébeach leaks). i know you want 'factual evidence', but sometimes there is none.

the confusion is a natural part of it, and even real evidence may not always seem real. people weren't prepared to believe klefki, for instance. i understand where you're coming from, but what you're asking for can be a little unreasonable in the context of this thread. :)

I took out the cheeky smartass. (Edit- But was it anymore rude then your rebuttal? Where you trying to be sincere or enjoy putting me down? -End Edit.)

There are several legit leakers we've been following right now. I don't think it is unreasonable to post a link or screen shot to them. If you have one.

If you don't, then please just make it clear it's a rumor. Multiple people have been repeating information in this thread that is/could be false, under the idea of fact because they heard that "Kanpachi/Zar/whoever" said so. Apparently, Kanpachi said the 7th gym was Dark.

There are also fake leakers right now posting with names identical to known ones.

i didn't mean to be rude, but if it came across that way to you then i'm sorry. i was just pointing out what the thread was about, rather than trying to 'put you down'.

yeah, if they have one. i did say it can be unreasonable, not that it always is. even then, as i said, it might not be believable or whatever. a screenshot or link may add to believability, but i wouldn't always trust that, either. plenty of screenies and links turn out fake, too. evidence is not really important when, as you say, there are rumours flying everywhere.

what i don't get is that you're asking for people to specifically state that they're posting a rumour in a rumour thread? wouldn't that be a little obvious? i think the idea is for people to post a rumour/leak (with or without evidence) and you're meant to judge for yourself whether it's real or not. 'evidence' doesn't make it not a rumour, after all. if it was kanpachi who said it was a dark-type gym (no idea, since i'm useless with names), it was maybe just speculation? at that stage, i don't think anyone had gotten to the seventh gym. i could be wrong, though.

what's fake and what isn't is not something easily judged, and i wouldn't expect things to be any easier just because people say "this is a rumour that i'm posting in a rumour thread!" try to understand that anything in this thread is not really going to make stuff easier for anybody -- just take things with a grain of salt (or not; your choice).

I'm totally here for the PC's falling in love. They already did that with May and Brendan in the manga. #TeamKalos

it's good for losers like me who don't have real partners :(

ie: everyone on this thread

Pfft, speak for yourself, I'm going to be playing pokemon with my boyfriend the minute we pick up our copies from the store next saturday.

First time I get to play pokemon with someone else at the same time, I'm pretty excited about it actually.

I really do hope that goodra is a duo type pokemon, it doesn't seem fitting for it to be a single type. (It looks and is themed in a way that screams due type, likely dragon/water but who knows). I'll still use it if it's pure dragon though, the thing is just too cute for me to ignore!

I'm totally here for the PC's falling in love. They already did that with May and Brendan in the manga. #TeamKalos

it's good for losers like me who don't have real partners :(

ie: everyone on this thread

Speak for yourself. My man gladly takes over where his(myself) ladyboy cannot in some Pokémon.

#respect

385049_10150941131755557_1865786403_n.jpg

Awww so cute! Wish I had a man who loved Pokémon. Or y'know, had a man, period. Lol

Who's been playing this game in Japanese to know that? All I've seen is English and Italian.

Seeing as you can play the game in any language, who's to say that someone hasn't been playing the Japanese version set to English for some reason?

A rumour going around that you're allowed to cross-dress in the Japanese version, but not the NA version.

Oh god I hope not. That'd make me angrier than there being no crossdressing at all. I mean, that's great for Japanese players I suppose. But damn Nintendo of America if this is true.

Seeing as you can play the game in any language, who's to say that someone hasn't been playing the Japanese version set to English for some reason?
Because we only have confirmation of the games being sold early in Canada and Italy, meaning there's very little chance that's the case and more likely that if you see a Japanese language game that it's an English/Italian one set to Japanese.

Because we only have confirmation of the games being sold early in Canada and Italy, meaning there's very little chance that's the case and more likely that if you see a Japanese language game that it's an English/Italian one set to Japanese.

Well obviously, but that wasn't really my point.

what i don't get is that you're asking for people to specifically state that they're posting a rumour in a rumour thread? wouldn't that be a little obvious? i think the idea is for people to post a rumour/leak (with or without evidence) and you're meant to judge for yourself whether it's real or not.

I completely disagree. As of around 4 days ago, this thread is mostly devoted to tracking several highly credible leakers who are documenting their games.
In this storm of actual information, we should be careful to separate information from them and rumors from posing or other sources.

We should work together to keep the grade A material from the grade F in order to not needlessly confuse each other.

Some members here have posted information without backing it up.
All I'm asking is that if you can back it up, then please do so.
If not, then please don't present it as fact or word something so vaguely that we don't know where it came from.
Even if you've found a pure rumor, please let us know where it is from.

I think the majority of us here want this thread to be productive in judging leaks and rumors as true or false.
Not a bunch of mismatched, untraceable information.

Who's been playing this game in Japanese to know that? All I've seen is English and Italian.

Because dispite the languages the games are still region locked?

Well obviously, but that wasn't really my point.

So what was your point? To give credence to this rumor by bringing up an unlikely scenario that a Japanese player has been pretending to be Canadian this whole time? Or to state a scenario we know could exist in the future but likely doesn't exist at this point? Until we have confirmation of a Japanese player, I don't see any reason to believe rumors of game differences between English and Japanese versions nor do I see the point in bringing that up as a possibility as if no one had thought of it and dismissed it.

While that is possible, I don't think Japanese stores have sold any copies (or none that I've heard of). Especially with GF, supposedly, demanding other copies returned in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom