• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that reminds me, the Josh leaker, who's been leaking on /vp/ the last few nights, said that Clemont gives you the Thunderbolt TM when you beat him.

Oh that reminds me, the Josh leaker, who's been leaking on /vp/ the last few nights, said that Clemont gives you the Thunderbolt TM when you beat him.

Even the Electric gym leader's TM is so predictable.

Apparently, Josh is a complete dick.

Here is his info y'all.
Sorry for not getting it to you earlier.

He says he isn't returning his copy of Y even though the store will be fined $2000 for every unreturned copy.
https://archive.foolz.us/vp/search/username/Josh/

Edit:

I could be wrong. I didn't notice the combination after Josh on that post.

Now I'm uncertain which one is real.

I think this one -!xltmUpewoI- is the real Josh.

Last edited:
Reasons the crossdressing rumor is almost certainly made up:

It's essentially the same game in every language.
We've seen zero evidence of a leaked game being played in Japanese so far.
Nintendo of America were fine with crossdressing in Animal Crossing.
The male and female characters have different models, which would make crossdressing much more difficult to implement.
This is something that isn't easily verifiable and likely to cause a lot of upset: ie, drama bait.

And finally...

We've seen the costume change interface. Specifically, we've seen the Japanese costume change interface. It's gender-specific.

I'm totally here for the PC's falling in love. They already did that with May and Brendan in the manga. #TeamKalos

it's good for losers like me who don't have real partners :(

Same. I only hope you can pick the other PC's name too. I don't feel like having a GF named Serena.

*sees attractive girl irl named serena*

"nah i don't feel like dating you"

Considering my ideal girlfriend is a MAN, that'd be the outcome IRL too lol Sorry, Serena.

So what was your point? To give credence to this rumor by bringing up an unlikely scenario that a Japanese player has been pretending to be Canadian this whole time? Or to state a scenario we know could exist in the future but likely doesn't exist at this point? Until we have confirmation of a Japanese player, I don't see any reason to believe rumors of game differences between English and Japanese versions nor do I see the point in bringing that up as a possibility as if no one had thought of it and dismissed it.

My point was that there is a possibility regardless, I wasn't advocating for any rumor I was just posting my thought of, hey we don't necessarily even know what version people are all playing because of how language works.

Cool your jets and back off.

Edit: Also I agree with bikini miltank, I've been musing over the way languages are set up in these games for a while now...although I'm not really sure what my thoughts and questions are entirely. I am curiouse how region locking and all that stuff works, and if there will be any differences between games from different places if there will be any at all. It seems a lot easier just to make all the same game based on the direction they're going than anything else.

This may sound like a dumb question, but is Glow Punch and Power Up Punch the same attack? And if not, do we know what Glow Punch does?

Also, do we have confirmation about how dual-type attacks work? It seems Flying Press is both Flying and Fighting, so would it deal neutral damage against, say, a Steel type?

@TFerro;

I wouldn't say he's a complete dick. The people at the store who sold it are stupid for doing so, and while Nintendo can go after the store, they can't really do anything to him....but let's not turn this into a "is he doing the right thing or not" debate because everyone in this thread is probably guilty of fueling this by giving him attention. No one was turning on him when we wanted information....and he wasn't even the first leaker who was so stupid as to post everything on a personal instagram as if Nintendo couldn't track you down from it.

I mean it's easy for us, who don't have the games, to suddenly condemn him now that we basically have everything we want from him. Where was this condemnation when we wanted to know how many Pokemon there were? When we wanted to know the evolutions and Mega Evolutions?

I really can't understand why they even bother giving pure ice types ( or any ice type for the matter) great defense, but abysmal speed? Do they really think that it would last long to take a hit? @___@

Guys, Phantom Force could be that move that Yveltal was using in the trailer.

From NeoGaf (guessing they got it from one of the leakers):

Goodra has the ability Sap Sipper in addition to Hydration
A Pixie Plate has been found. Fairy type for Arceus.

@TFerro;

I wouldn't say he's a complete dick. The people at the store who sold it are stupid for doing so, and while Nintendo can go after the store, they can't really do anything to him....but let's not turn this into a "is he doing the right thing or not" debate because everyone in this thread is probably guilty of fueling this by giving him attention. No one was turning on him when we wanted information....and he wasn't even the first leaker who was so stupid as to post everything on a personal instagram as if Nintendo couldn't track you down from it.

I mean it's easy for us, who don't have the games, to suddenly condemn him now that we basically have everything we want from him. Where was this condemnation when we wanted to know how many Pokemon there were? When we wanted to know the evolutions and Mega Evolutions?

Mate, you realized you said let's not turn this into a moral debate, and yet preceded to offer your ideas on the matter?

I'm not gonna rebut but- C'mon.

I really can't understand why they even bother giving pure ice types ( or any ice type for the matter) great defense, but abysmal speed? Do they really think that it would last long to take a hit? @___@

The Sp.Def on Avalugg is terrible too. And it even appears to have a +Sp.Def -Def nature. I don't have any hope for it at all.

I'm sick of pure Ice-types, espcially after last Gen gave us all pure Ice-types too (bar Kyurem, which is a legendary so it's a bit different than regular 'mons).

Apparently, Josh is a complete dick.

Here is his info y'all.
Sorry for not getting it to you earlier.

He says he isn't returning his copy of Y even though the store will be fined $2000 for every unreturned copy.
https://archive.foolz.us/vp/search/username/Josh/

His clear lack of etiquette aside, the store is also at fault for providing copies before due date.

Wow, what a buttface, the least he could do is not flaunt that he's keeping his game.

I wonder if the store will hold it against him...(even if the store itself is at fault).

Agreed. A simple Fire, Steel, or Fighting Special move, and that ice burg is crushed ice. Even using Trick Room wouldn't be worth it, as it'll be gone with pretty much one shot. But it's the same thing for most Rock-types as well, though it does feel like Ice really gets the short end of the stick more often. Pity, this Gen could've really helped those frozen fighters more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom