• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final evos typing suck.
Chesnaught Grass/Fighting
Greninja Water/Dark

:(

Should have been Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting :(
I hope you're being sarcastic, because Grass Dark is terrible compared to Grass Fighting.

It'd just be more balanced in typing. Instead each starter has 2 super effective stabs on another, they could have had grass beat fire, and fire beat water etc if Chesnaughts dark would have beat Delphox psychic, who could beat Greninjas fighting etc.

So? It's not like they use both types at once, nor is any of the six types doubly effective on any of the three starters. The intent of starter mons is to create balance through Ro Sham Bo, and that balance is only upheld if there ISN'T a reverse triangle.
I mean, seriously, do you really want your rival battles to be EASIER? Jesus.

Your not understanding what I'm saying. I just feel it's a major missed opportunity to have no starter have any advantage against another.

We had that in Gen IV. It was terrible because it just came down to the fastest starter wrecking the slower ones.

Being put at a disadvantage is good. It actually forces you to train a diverse team.

Your not understanding what I'm saying. I just feel it's a major missed opportunity to have no starter have any advantage against another.

We had that in Gen IV. It was terrible because it just came down to the fastest starter wrecking the slower ones.

Being put at a disadvantage is good. It actually forces you to train a diverse team.

To be fair, though, that wasn't a PERFECT circle.
Don't get me wrong, this wouldn't be either - psychic's lack of effectiveness on dark assures that - but that wasn't the only reason it doesn't work, either.

I knew that Gen 6 will not be that great since that Gen 1 got too many focuses and big problems from I heard. Those leaks looks true but we won't fully confirm them until after release.

I suppose this'll be easy enough to determine come release, but has it been determined whether or not X&Y use the Gen-V experience system? I'd be interested seeing how that combines with EXP. All, if so.

Also, I presume TMs are still multi-use.

I knew that Gen 6 will not be that great since that Gen 1 got too many focuses and big problems from I heard. Those leaks looks true but we won't fully confirm them until after release.

And what's wrong with focusing on older Pokemon? They're still Pokemon after all. Game Freak ignoring their old crew would be worse than giving them some attention once in a while.

And what's wrong with focusing on older Pokemon? They're still Pokemon after all. Game Freak ignoring their old crew would be worse than giving them some attention once in a while.

It's mainly the Kanto Pokemon getting heaps of attention every game while every generation that's either not Kanto or the current one is tucked out of sight that people have the issue with. GV is the only Pokemon generation that didn't have a large focus on Kanto, and apparently people had a shitfit about it.

It's just that people always have something to complain about.. all they do is nitpick and complain.... The things that have improved with this generation greatly outweighs a lot of the cons.. a lot of the people don't really like looking at these sorts of things. They tend to see more negative than positive traits.

I am satisfied. I am satisfied and appreciate the hard work GF has done to come this far. The least I could do to show my appreciation is to not whine about every single thing. The jump to 3D, skin and hair and clothing customization, world-wide release(which is something GF is very proud about), and a lot of other small things including the introduction of fairy type is more than enough to make me happy, and I think it definitely makes up for the lack of new pokemon. Plus with the game jumping to 3D, it's only natural they would want people to see all of the pokemon upgraded and to have a giant variety of pokemon to choose from.

It's mainly the Kanto Pokemon getting heaps of attention every game while every generation that's either not Kanto or the current one is tucked out of sight that people have the issue with. GV is the only Pokemon generation that didn't have a large focus on Kanto, and apparently people had a shitfit about it.
I'm probably one of the few who actualy liked the fact that you could only catch Gen 5 pokemon during the main story in B/W.

You got the point.

I didn't said that Gen 6 will not be awful, but not the best. But I do really cares about Fairy-Type and other Step Ups. It's just the fact about that Gen 1 had caught too many attention over and over again...

Last edited by a moderator:

You got the point. Bah, Genwunners...

I didn't said that Gen 6 will not be awful, but not the best. But I do really cares about Fairy-Type and other Step Ups. It's just the fact about that Gen 1 had caught too many attention over and over again...

I know this isn't a popular view on this forum, but you do owe a lot to Kanto Pokemon, the Kanto region and the Gen 1 games and original series. I know the younger generation don't like it, they make offensive comments like Genwunner etc. But they are what launched this franchise, they are what made it a huge global hit, they are what made Pikachu and Ash a household name.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion about which games they personally prefer, I've even met a few on here who like Gen 3 (wonders never cease) but you can not argue that any games since Kanto have reached the same level of iconic status as those games.

They are the best games in terms of global popularity and status and legacy and a few new kids in the fandom using insults like Genwunner won't change this so it's really no wonder that Kanto Pokemon and games still get so much focus.

I'm probably one of the few who actualy liked the fact that you could only catch Gen 5 pokemon during the main story in B/W.

I just wished a lot of the ones I had my eye on showed up earlier.

It's not that. It's that there can be too much focus. That's part of the reason why I think there aren't as many new Pokemon this generation. The other reason is the mega evolutions. I don't like the megas; I think they're simply over-glorified and overpowered forms. With Game Freak focusing on trying to include as many older Pokemon (especially Kanto) and megas, there aren't as many new Pokemon, which are really the whole point of each generation.

But hey, what do I know? I'm merely an unemployed college student who's been playing since the beginning. I know nothing of what the point of Pokemon is, and my opinion, with the majority or not, holds no weight whatsoever because Game Freak do what they want.

1381172164054.jpg
1381172294331.jpg

Shit be going down, son.

Another Mega Evolution revealed through Super Training, seems the balloons change to different Pokemon...

jGHpqv9.jpg

MEGA AGGRON

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion about which games they personally prefer, I've even met a few on here who like Gen 3 (wonders never cease)
Your plea for people to be kinder towards Gen I fans would carry more weight if it wasn't accompanied by a snarky slam against another gen's fans.

TEAM FLARE ARE REVIVING POKEMON #720 CHUCKNORRIS CALLING IT NOW

Mega Aggron looks a beast.

Seems Team Flare might actually outclass Team Galactic as the most "terroristic" villainous team in the series :p

http://i.imgur.com/9ma4Qjz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uRwWshh.jpg

So does this guy actually mention that his region is Hoenn or are we just assuming it's Hoenn because the fandom is Hoenn crazy?

I can't clarify this with the leakers I've been following since they probably haven't found this guy yet.

I'm intensely curious about this as well, especially since we've had reviewers mention there is something else Nintendo has been super secretive about and that we'll likely find out this week [I hope! >.>]

I don't think we should get our hopes up for traveling to another region just because of what this guy says. It seems more like he's saying we'll be seeing this facility he's talking about rather than his region. There definitely more Nintendo has in store for us though!

Also - Cerony, your avatar freaks me out xD

GOOD
8D9Ox.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom