• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. Why are people getting them in advance?

Delivery messed up?

Some stores broke street date in Canadaland and Italyland. The store in Canada was run out of business as a result of Nintendo's wrath. Apparently the news didn't give much of a damn about the Italian store though. I'm kind of tempted to see if Australia has broken it yet

Oh, I thought we were talking about new developments.

3 More days here- Hnnnnnngh

Delivery messed up?

Some stores broke street date in Canadaland and Italyland. The store in Canada was run out of business as a result of Nintendo's wrath. Apparently the news didn't give much of a damn about the Italian store though. I'm kind of tempted to see if Australia has broken it yet

I thought it was refferring to the fact that people who pre-order online often get games 1-2 days early. I hope that happens for me since there is no mail on weekends here.

I've been thinking. They're remixing old cries, right? IF THEY LAY A HAND ON KRICKETUNE, I WILL MURDER THE NEXT POSTER I will be greatly displeased.

Do we know at which stage we get the fossils?

Well, we know you encounter a cave fairly early on and that the fossils are in a cave of some sort. We also know the Rock Leader uses both of them. So we possibly get them around the 2nd to 3rd/4th Badge.

Bb=baby…

I knew that. I was just, um, testing you. Yes. Well done. Here, have this Badge.

Also, it says on the Pokemon.com site there's 2 days, 7 hours and about 37 minutes to go. Stupid hype train.

We're in slow trickle mode now since most of the progressed leakers are trying to find out what post-game exists and people are getting their copies a few days in advance. I suspect this thread will empty pretty fast after today really.

Though I sure would like to know what the big "secret" Nintendo is supposedly holding on to re: X/Y is.

Delivery messed up?

Based on several threads on Reddit, many UK/EU users are getting their copies shipped from several retailers and they've been getting them in hand since yesterday. So it seems like many EU/UK customers will be playing their copies before the weekend whereas the US will be waiting till Friday night at the earliest unless GameStop/Amazon ships in the next day or so and it also arrives early for folks.

We're in slow trickle mode now since most of the progressed leakers are trying to find out what post-game exists and people are getting their copies a few days in advance. I suspect this thread will empty pretty fast after today really.

Though I sure would like to know what the big "secret" Nintendo is supposedly holding on to re: X/Y is.

Delivery messed up?

Based on several threads on Reddit, many UK/EU users are getting their copies shipped from several retailers and they've been getting them in hand since yesterday. So it seems like many EU/UK customers will be playing their copies before the weekend whereas the US will be waiting till Friday night at the earliest unless GameStop/Amazon ships in the next day or so and it also arrives early for folks.

Whaaaaa?

How do I make this happen to me? I am in Texas.

Wait! They're remixing old Pokémon's cries?!?! The Charizard/Rhydon Poliwag/Ditto mess needs to be corrected! I can't wait to hear the new cries!

Delivery messed up?

Whaaaaa?

How do I make this happen to me? I am in Texas.

You don't - unless you have an order that will ship early to meet the street date and thus arrives early, you're stuck waiting with the rest of us till Friday/Saturday :\

For people disappointed at the number of new Pokemon, here's something to consider:
Not counting legendaries, X and Y introduce the exact same number of new Pokemon families as Gen IV did.

Wait! They're remixing old Pokémon's cries?!?! The Charizard/Rhydon Poliwag/Ditto mess needs to be corrected! I can't wait to hear the new cries!

From what I understand, Pickachu will sound like its anime counterpart. I can't confirm if any other Pokémon will, though.

You don't - unless you have an order that will ship early to meet the street date and thus arrives early, you're stuck waiting with the rest of us till Friday/Saturday :\

One of us, one of us
[video=youtube;9C4uTEEOJlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM[/video]

For people disappointed at the number of new Pokemon, here's something to consider:
Not counting legendaries, X and Y introduce the exact same number of new Pokemon families as Gen IV did.

Well I didn't like Gen IV precisely for that reason, so I don't see how that is supposed to quell my chestbursting, buttclenching rage.

Again, it's not like this is the second biggest gaming franchise which had at least 3-4 (leaning towards the latter) years in development. They also absolutely designed the Pokemon at the exact same time as they allocated to modelling. I suppose once they designed the Pokemon they then went off and began modelling the buildings and the world map completely separately, while designing it at the same time.

Yes, 3D is difficult. Good animation is difficult. But this isn't an expressive Pixar movie where you need to capture human emotion with various close ups and keep the audiences attention for 1 and a half hours. This is watching a 3D model 'breathe' a little. And then maybe move forwards a bit and have the attack animation play, creating the illusion that the models are doing unique things. And flapping for the winged ones that never perch because they have the stamina of an Olympian. They aren't doing anything near as complex as something in, say, The Incredibles.

Just because its a big franchise doesn't mean that theres a shit tone of exhausted 3d artists slaving away on 700+ pokemon plus all the other 3d assets.

The pokemon animations aren't Pixar level, sure. The majority of the animations would be reused attack to attack with a couple of unique ones, most likely. But the preproduction of the models would have taken a lot of time.
Like I said in my other reply, I expect that they've gone and modeled all the current pokemon in one whole bunch so they can speed production up on future games.

Sure 70 is a low amount of new mons, but don't blame it on 3d being easy or the animations not being super exciting. IMO I'd much rather have 700 really nice new models and a polished game than another BW 2d game with 200 rehashed mons.

Why must there absolutely be an extreme of "Tiny amount of Pokemon that are good" and "Normal sized Pokedex that sucks BALLS". Is it too much to expect something these days.

I find actual evolution to be more enjoyable then Megas. (So far.)

The idea of only having one at a time doesn't give it the feeling of new Pokemon like Gliscor, Mamoswine, Electivire, etc did.

If GameFreak doesn't ever want to cross the 3-stage evolution model, I'd say Megas were an ok idea, but should have been prioritized onto weak 3 stage Pokemon.
Really only Ampharos and Aggron seem to be in line with that, and they aren't even terrible.

But, I'm totally sympathetic to GameFreak's hard work.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but how do I receive the Torchic being distributed after the games are released?

Well I didn't like Gen IV precisely for that reason, so I don't see how that is supposed to quell my chestbursting, buttclenching rage.

The only reason I liked G4 was because it gave awesome evolutions to a ton of Johto Pokemon who needed them desperately. I thought that's what the Megas were going to do, but it seems only Mawile, Druddigon, and Absol so far fall into line with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom