• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granbull loses its Normal type and gets retyped to Fairy (it is a bulldog) whereas Jigglypuff (which is more magic-like than Granbull) is Normal-Fairy.

Game Freak logic.

Unless Heart Stamp gets learnt by a lot of new Pokemon and Fairy types, I'm not sure why they would - it's only learnt by the Jynx & Swoobat lines currently, and can be breeded to Miltank through Swoobat.

Granbull loses its Normal type and gets retyped to Fairy (it is a bulldog) whereas Jigglypuff (which is more magic-like than Granbull) is Normal-Fairy.

Game Freak logic.

Someone earlier in the thread (can't remember who, so apologies to them) suggested it might be because of Jigglypuff's sound theme, with moves like Hyper Voice and Uproar all being Normal. That would make sense to me.

Also, here's a female Meowstic's stats with a new Fairy move called Disarming Voice. "Disarming" makes me worried it's just a Growl clone. I'd like to see more variation, especially after we already got Play Nice which is exactly the same as Growl.

6BXHTuh.jpg

Oh no! His vocal cords are rigged to blow! Don't worry, the Disarming Voice unit is on the way!

But really ... wut? Is it basically a "Put your weapons down, I ORDER IT" move, or am I missing something here.

By the way, has this been posted yet? The new flying animation/s.

Last edited:
I think another reason Snubbull/Granbull are pure fairy is because their species is fairy. They look like dressed up pitbulls, but I guess pure Fairy makes more sense based on species alone.

how many vivillon forms are there now that have screenies? pink, blue, blue w/green, white?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u7ukc3vgo7ab2a6/fWIOrX9XuT#/

The gallery gives us some new details:
- Trevenant knows Phantom Force, meaning it has a decent Ghost attack. Great for Leech Seed/Curse/Will-o-Wisp stalling (yes, Phantump learns that move). It also learns Wood Hammer. All it needs is a Fire/Ice/Bug/Flying/Poison attack since it learns Forest's Curse.
- Wigglytuff, like Jigglypuff, is Normal/Fairy. Not surprising.
- Venusaur learns some Physical Grass-type attack with 90BP and 100% accuracy. I doubt that it is Leaf Blade, since Venusaur isn't known for using leaves as swords. Must be something great.
- Lucario gets Power-up Punch. Don't know if level-up or TM-taught.
- Oblivion Wing is 80BP and 100% accuracy. (I know because I saw the English version before)
- Spinda will retain its feature of unique spot patterns, I think.

Thanks for rreading.

Game Freak logic.

Going by Snubble's species, it's probably safe to say that Fairy was in development from the G/S days. Besides I'm pretty sure it's based around the fact that a lot of people like really ugly dogs and pamper them endlessly and give them stupid "cutesy" names like Mr. Snugglebottoms.

With that said, maybe Jigglypuff will get retyped again with another new type in the future. The hypothetical Sound type from earlier in the thread seems most likely given Noivern, the Whismur line and Meloetta.

But really ... wut? Is it basically a "Put your weapons down, I ORDER IT" move, or am I missing something here.
"Disarming" also means charming, or something that will make you drop your guard.

I'm glad that the relative EXP gain from BW has gone.
Anyone know if it's possible to turn off EXP ALL? I mean is it an item ala Gen 1, or is it just an always active mechanic?

So we have another guy uploading the walkthrough on youtube: [video=youtube;YMVSZEZoWLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMVSZEZoWLo[/video]

And yet another noob.

At least we get confirmation on Viola's pokemon: Surskit lv. 10 and Vivillion lv. 12.

Gym trainers use Spewpa, Ledyba, Kukuna, and Combee.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can get one of those game play recording thingies and how much it costs? I've played Pokémon since way back in 2000. I certainly don't qualify as a noob by anyone's standards lol So I could probably do a pretty cool walkthrough.

For one thing, I like how you can do a trade post-game for another starter, unfortunately, it's the starter that's weaker to yours, so I'm choosing Chespin, meaning my rival would be trading me a Froakie, and if I want Fennekin, I'd have to trade with someone in real life. Pity, I wanted the stronger starter, not the weaker one.

So Canada really DID release the games early?! That's just freaking unfair! They pulled this same stunt with Fire Emblem: Awakening earlier in the year too. And they got in trouble for it and had to stop selling it until the actual release date came. Didn't they learn their lesson? It's not fair to everyone else who hasn't gotten X/Y yet, especially since this was supposed to be a WORLDWIDE RELEASE. Releasing them early in one or a few places defeats the whole POINT of that!

So Canada really DID release the games early?! That's just freaking unfair! They pulled this same stunt with Fire Emblem: Awakening earlier in the year too. And they got in trouble for it and had to stop selling it until the actual release date came. Didn't they learn their lesson? It's not fair to everyone else who hasn't gotten X/Y yet, especially since this was supposed to be a WORLDWIDE RELEASE. Releasing them early in one or a few places defeats the whole POINT of that!

This happens with just about any major release - the early leak for Pokemon was far less of an issue compared to what happened with GTA V - there's always going to be sneaky people releasing stuff early on games. Just something we have to accept sadly - at least Nintendo is proactive about chasing them down. Some companies don't even bat an eye much apparently :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom