• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Serebii:

There are various people around who won't let you in places if you're not wearing the right clothes

And here I thought we stopped Team Flare

Aura Sphere was nerfed? Not too happy about that. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower were also nerfed, right?

List from Smogon:

Blizzard: Reduced to 110 base power.
Bubble: Increased to 40 base power.
Fire Blast: Reduced to 110 base power.
Flamethrower: Reduced to 90 base power.
Frost Breath: Increased to 60 base Power.
Fury Cutter: Increased to 40 base power.
Hidden Power: Reduced to 60 base power.
High Jump Kick: Name was changed from "Hi Jump Kick".
Ice Beam: Reduced to 90 base power.

You guys should try to approach the nerfs from the perspective of Double Battles, since that's the official tournament playstyle. A lot of these move changes make sense in that context.

In Doubles, Intimidate runs rampant, putting physical attackers at an immediate disadvantage and makes special attackers a commodity. Blissey is far less prevalent in Doubles due to the fact that it can be easily double-targeted and eliminated, making its presence in Doubles a novelty at best since it doesn't really do anything other than take Ice Beams to the face and occasionally poison or paralyze something.

It seems to me that Doubles is where GameFreak focuses the majority of its attack mechanics and interactions. Notice how many tweaks they've made that make Breloom and Amoongus far less dangerous(Grass-type immunity to Spore, the increase in Low Sweep's Base Power)?
Which makes their inexplicable refusal to do anything about Stealth Rock that much clearer...

I'd rather have had certain Physical attacks gain power then Special ones go down.

There is a lack of strong Physical moves that a lot of types can gain STAB from without recoil or other affects.

Honestly, I think it'd just have been nice for the elemental Punches or Fangs to gain BP.

Why are people complaining about Gen I so much? ¬¬ It's awesome, I hope they bring as much content from it as they can.

Ok, my opinion:

Mega Alakazam's design SUCKS. Way to ruin my favorite Pokémon, Game Freak. Way to go.
Mega Heracross is the most hideous thing I've ever seen. Garbodor is Miss Universe compared to that piece of sh!t.

Mega Pinsir looks awful.
Mega Manectric is a joke.
Mega Houndoom is ok.
Mega Banette is meh.

EDIT: WAIT AN EFFING SECOND. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH SEVERAL MOVES BEING WEAKER NOW? What is this bs?! If it's true Ice Beam and other moves got nerfed, I'm totally skipping this generation. I don't even like the new Pokémon anyway. God, I'll hate you so much if it's true, Game Freak...

I love all the new mega evos, but i agree on the nerfing the good moves thing.

Aura Sphere was nerfed? Not too happy about that. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower were also nerfed, right?

List from Smogon:

Blizzard: Reduced to 110 base power.
Bubble: Increased to 40 base power.
Fire Blast: Reduced to 110 base power.
Flamethrower: Reduced to 90 base power.
Frost Breath: Increased to 60 base Power.
Fury Cutter: Increased to 40 base power.
Hidden Power: Reduced to 60 base power.
High Jump Kick: Name was changed from "Hi Jump Kick".
Ice Beam: Reduced to 90 base power.

Didn't an article say they wanted to power-up Special Attacks? Yeah, I know they say a lot of things in those articles but supreme Special Attackers was already much to be desired since the Gen IV attack split. This is ridiculous.

I'd rather have had certain Physical attacks gain power then Special ones go down.

There is a lack of strong Physical moves that a lot of types can gain STAB from without recoil or other affects.

Honestly, I think it'd just have been nice for the elemental Punches or Fangs to gain BP.

To add to that, it seems that was the intention of some of the new abilities like Tough Claws and Strong Jaw to boost the power of some of the weaker physical moves like the elemental punches/fangs up to the level of their special counterparts, since the higher power physical moves all tend to have nasty drawbacks.
We still haven't seen if any of those moves have received any changes to their Base Power yet either...

By that same token, perhaps another reason they chose to reduce the power of special moves like the Pulse/Aura attacks was because they didn't want them to become too strong when used in conjunction with the Mega Launcher ability.

Someone found a Mega Stone for Scizor.

QLk6igG.jpg

Didn't an article say they wanted to power-up Special Attacks?

No. They said they were adjusting the BP and accuracy of many moves, with a focus on special ones.

I have no idea why doubles is the official format given that the ENTIRE franchise including promotional material, anime, and in-game battles are based entirely around 3v3 singles.

I have no idea why doubles is the official format given that the ENTIRE franchise including promotional material, anime, and in-game battles are based entirely around 3v3 singles.

They should just have an option for single or double battle play through modes.
With only occasional trainers remaining single or double.

No. They said they were adjusting the BP and accuracy of many moves, with a focus on special ones.

Right, worded it wrong. Either way, I was expecting good things for specials...

With all the mega pokemon with massive, out of this world special attack, like Mega Alakazam, Gardevior and Mewtwo Y, if they didn't stunt Special Attacks a bit they'd be knocking out shit left and right, so I get it, I guess.

OH MY GOD IT HAS CHAINSAWS FOR ARMS

I think we all knew Scizor would keep Technician.

Mega Scizor

fjznnuf.jpg

Ability is Technician

Not nearly as cool as I thought, but still damn sexy.

And they embraced Technician.
Woot

Edit:

I'mma catch the Hell out of that.

Mega Mawile has a back up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom