• With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.
  • NMLewis heads into the Petalburg Woods. Watch here and sing along as he hums his way through the Hoenn region.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I <3 Kabu and Raihan
Reaction score
..I... I don't know what I expected.... :/
I should probably be the last person coming to Necripoff's defense but in fairness, it is actually the first third version mascot to change type. Giratina Origin just switched defensive and offensive stats, the Kyurems were just a big stat boost with some new (sucky) moves, Zyg stayed Dragon/Ground even as a pup lol, and just developed three tiers of stats. And then Mega Ray is still Dragon/Flying, it just also becomes a god.

Still, does feel like a kick in the teeth for the emissaries. Do we know what Dusk/Dawn's abilities are, yet?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I should probably be the last person coming to Necripoff's defense but in fairness, it is actually the first third version mascot to change type. Giratina Origin just switched defensive and offensive stats, the homeboys in my sig were just a big stat boost with some new (sucky) moves, Zyg stayed Dragon/Ground even as a dog lol, and just developed three tiers of stats.

Still, does feel like a kick in the teeth for the emissaries. Do we know what Dusk/Dawn's abilities are, yet?
Probably Prism Armour because their wearing prism armour.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
To add onto this, it looks like Jangmo-o is #381, which would make its evolutions #382 & #383. If Cosmog is #387, then what happened to the Tapus? There's not enough space for them between them, unless they're placed before the Jangmo-o line. Have they been placed in a Switch-exclusive app just like Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus with the 3DS?

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/911088148058333191

There's also this.
It could be because Jangmo-o's line are pseudo-legendaries, and they're following the pokedex format of Dragonite and Tyranitar with being planted amidst the true legendaries of their generation. It's kinda funny how long it's been since that was a thing. XD

Reaction score

If the rainbow thing turns out to be real then...i might have an idea of what old evil guys will return:

The purple haired guy on the right might be one of the GSC/HG SS team rocket admins.

The first girl,i don't know...

The second girl might be Courtney? Im not sure :/

And for the third guy...im not sure about Faba,that moustache...

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Nah they all seem to be original characters, so perhaps Rainbow might happen, but not with returning characters. I see Orange, Pink, and Purple, and no idea on the guy in the back, maybe Yellow? Also definitely think they are a 3rd "Team", not Aether or Skull, as they all have a Common Sigil on the helmets.

Reaction score

If the rainbow thing turns out to be real then...i might have an idea of what old evil guys will return:

The purple haired guy on the right might be one of the GSC/HG SS team rocket admins.

The first girl,i don't know...

The second girl might be Courtney? Im not sure :/

And for the third guy...im not sure about Faba,that moustache...

The big-boobed female in the middle seems to have purplish long hair, the little girl apparently has reddish or pink hair. I think they're all new characters.

It's possible the wishlist leak is true, since apparently Hau does get a different development in USUM. Can anybody translate this?

I think that's a new scene where Hau says something like "I'll overcome the king!" <- I google translated that so if somebody with proper japanese skills can translate :p

Based on the above (if Hau is really talking about a king) ^ plus the fact that all space-suit chars seem to have features/hairs befitting royals, could they be the royal family of alola that we've heard about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's possible the wishlist leak is true, since apparently Hau does get a different development in USUM. Can anybody translate this?

I think that's a new scene where Hau says something like "I'll overcome the king!" <- I google translated that so if somebody with proper japanese skills can translate :p

Based on the above (if Hau is really talking about a king) ^ plus the fact that all space-suit chars seem to have features/hairs befitting royals, could they be the royal family of alola that we've heard about?
Kahuna's are called Island King/Queen in the Japanese version.

Reaction score

The big-boobed female in the middle seems to have purplish long hair, the little girl apparently has reddish or pink hair. I think they're all new characters.

He says I'll do whatever it takes to surpass the Island King!! He's taking about Hala.
Seems like Hau has a bit of an attitude haha

Reaction score
Isn't Island King/Queen what they call kahunas in the japanese version. His goal seems to be the same as SM

EDIT: Oops, people already posted as I was typing it, but yeah

Reaction score
Oh, right... are they called "kingu" ? Because what Hau says is "kingu" in romaji and he doesn't mention "island"

Lord Rayquaza's follower
Reaction score
So this is the "logo" of these mysterious guys, isn't it?

I have a deja-vu that I've seen this before...

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
So wasn't there a leak or someone that said we would get a new trailer on the 22nd cus that turned out to be true?

Reaction score
To add onto this, it looks like Jangmo-o is #381, which would make its evolutions #382 & #383. If Cosmog is #387, then what happened to the Tapus? There's not enough space for them between them, unless they're placed before the Jangmo-o line. Have they been placed in a Switch-exclusive app just like Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus with the 3DS?

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/911088148058333191

There's also this.
The Tapus could've been moved to be earlier kind of like what happened with the Swords of Justice and Kamis (both dropped to be around the 2/3 mark whereas before they were at the end like any other Legendary).

Also, have they ever removed Pokémon between regional dexes? I don't think even the Kamis were removed despite the Dream Radar app and it wouldn't make sense to just remove the Tapus outright since they're important to Alolan lore, so it'd be odd for them to completely be missing.

I <3 Kabu and Raihan
Reaction score
So wasn't there a leak or someone that said we would get a new trailer on the 22nd cus that turned out to be true?
You may be thinking of this one?

/vp/ - Pokémon » Thread #33508706

It doesn't specify the 22nd, but it does predict a 1:30-2:00 trailer "near the end of the month."

However, it also says that Lillie isn't at Kukui's lab, which isn't correct according to the main site (she's still Kukui's assistant).