• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Why is the Anonymous 4Chan rumour declared fake it only got 2 things wrong, and the John GameFreak III rumour still unconfirmed when it has more things wrong?

• We know Lillie is with Nebby on the Mele Mele bridge, so Gladion isn't the one who's with Nebby
  • Trials are still very much a thing, so that's already a falsehood on the rumour
  • Hau is still a rival, arguing against him being the Mele Mele kahuna and not being a rival anymore
  • There is no Alolan Mantine
I strongly argue this is more then enough to declare the John Gamfreak III rumour fake.

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Why is the Anonymous 4Chan rumour declared fake it only got 2 things wrong, and the John GameFreak III rumour still unconfirmed when it has more things wrong?

• We know Lillie is with Nebby on the Mele Mele bridge, so Gladion isn't the one who's with Nebby
  • Trials are still very much a thing, so that's already a falsehood on the rumour
  • Hau is still a rival, arguing against him being the Mele Mele kahuna and not being a rival anymore
  • There is no Alolan Mantine
I strongly argue this is more then enough to declare the John Gamfreak III rumour fake.
I believe it's because Soki didn't have time to update that whole list yet :p and not that the leak is something more credible than the other

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
That leak was obvious Ultra Tapu Bulushit from the very beginning...

EDIT 2: The John GameFreak III (or whatever) leaks say that there is no island challenge, which is now false since the player still has the trials amulet.
Also John GameFreak III leak mentions Alolan mantine. He also said that the rival is now a girl, but Hau is confirmed as the rival I guess. It said that Hau runs a trial, which I guess might be fake. It also said that you need to use Necromium-Z to achieve the box legend forms, which is false.
According to Soki, they were kept up just for formality, since we didn’t have concrete evidence. But now we have evidence that Hai is the rival, and the Island challenge is confirmed fully.

Reaction score
That leak was obvious Ultra Tapu Bulushit from the very beginning...

According to Soki, they were kept up just for formality, since we didn’t have concrete evidence. But now we have evidence that Hai is the rival, and the Island challenge is confirmed fully.
hey i'm very sorry for swearing at you last time i was just having a bad day that's all ok

Reaction score
Bug/Ice-type Alolan Masquerain. Make it happen.
Ice/Psychic-type Alolan Noctowl. Make it happen.
Oh HELL YES. I need both of these ASAP. Though I feel like they'll probably stick to just Kanto/Johto Alolan forms in USUM (pls let there be new ones). I need Alolan Vileplume/Bellossom and that Ice/Psychic Alolan Noctowl PLS GAMEFREAK.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Someone talking Bug/Ice Alolan Masquerain? I'd have the idea if it retains Hydro Pump as an egg move, that's the thing drawing me to this Pokémon when I want to play with Quiver Dance.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Wait, if Cosmoem is #388, does this mean there's really only two free slots for new Ultra Beasts? Can someone please confirm/debunk this?

Reaction score
Calling it now, I really feel like that Fossil Dream Park or whatever will be open in USM. It will give us a chance to capture the fossil PKMN in the special balls for breeding purposes.

Reaction score
I saw GameXplain's analysis on the new trailer, and I noticed the Team Skull logo is a decoration in the Alola Photo Club. This also takes a point off of every rumour that says Team Skull isn't back, including the already suspect John Gamefrek III rumour.

Reaction score
Calling it now, I really feel like that Fossil Dream Park or whatever will be open in USM. It will give us a chance to capture the fossil PKMN in the special balls for breeding purposes.
Dreamworld already gave us the ability to capture all fossils in Dreamballs or any standalone balls in BW and BW2. Only additional balls the Fossil Dream Park would be apricorn and beast balls.

Reaction score
Dreamworld already gave us the ability to capture all fossils in Dreamballs or any standalone balls in BW and BW2. Only additional balls the Fossil Dream Park would be apricorn and beast balls.
That is exactly what I mean. The apricorn balls bring a very excellent rarity factor and opens trading up far more for dedicated breeders. If you look at the PKMN yet to be available in apricorn balls, the fossil mon stick out.

Reaction score
To me with what we knw about USUM and the more reliable leaks, it doesn't seem if new alola form mons will be a thing. Anyone else feel the same ? If so why haven't they shown any yet ?

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
To me with what we knw about USUM and the more reliable leaks, it doesn't seem if new alola form mons will be a thing. Anyone else feel the same ? If so why haven't they shown any yet ?
There is still a month and a half left, with probably two or three trailers to show off in that span of time. They could just be saving Alola Forms for later in the promotion. We didn't learn that Alola Forms even existed until three months before SM were coming out, but we'd also known about the games themselves for much longer in advance than we've known about USUM, so relatively speaking, August was closer to the end of SM's promotional period than the beginning. Additionally, SM just had more to show off in general.

I won't deny that I'm on some tenterhooks about the possibility of new Alola Forms, but it doesn't seem totally crazy for them to have held off on showing them so far, if there are indeed more to show. Somewhat encouragingly, the trailers have gradually been spotlighting bigger and more substantial things. We went from teaser (what we now know to be new Z-Moves but at the time were small cutscene clips with no context, visual improvements, new Necrozma forms glimpsed) > quick splash with some obvious changes (new map, Hau'oli construction space clearly filled, Kartana Space, Kahili existing, Ryuki in weird beta gym building, Carrotwolf) > exposition on some of the new stuff + a curveball (Necrozmas are fusions, details about Carrotwolf event + its Z-Move, NEW UBs) > new features (revised Trials, Mantine Surf, Photo Club properly shown off, Dex expansion but conveniently all the Johto Pokémon are ones with Megas and probably weren't getting Alola Forms anyway, official site/Japanese trailer reveals the new poster image with the rest of this generation's Kill la Kill knock-offs)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm it sure if this was mentioned before but, serebii mentioned the changed Dex numbers in US/UM. Cosmog is 387 and Marshadow is 402. What does this mean? Well...

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmeon
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheremosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Kartana
396 Celesteela
397 Guzzlord
398 ???
399 ???
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

398 and 399 are most likely UB-Burst at 389 and UB-Assembly at 399

I think this is it when it comes to new Ultra Beasts and for that matter new Pokemon in general, that's all we will get. This doesn't exclude forms though. We could get new Alola forms and other forms but for new Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, I believe that's it.

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
People should remember that October is decently big month for new features and things. For ORAS I believe we got Soaring, Multinav, and new info on Rayquaza's mega. For SM we got the Festival plaza, both of the starters evos and I wanna say something else, but I can't remember. We cold easily get a big drop next month and it being new Alolan forms. I would be surprised if they don't talk about the battle facility before the games launch (there's always a new facility of some kind lol)