• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Reaction score
I'm it sure if this was mentioned before but, serebii mentioned the changed Dex numbers in US/UM. Cosmog is 387 and Marshadow is 402. What does this mean? Well...

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmeon
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheremosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Kartana
396 Celesteela
397 Guzzlord
398 ???
399 ???
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

398 and 399 are most likely UB-Burst at 389 and UB-Assembly at 399

I think this is it when it comes to new Ultra Beasts and for that matter new Pokemon in general, that's all we will get. This doesn't exclude forms though. We could get new Alola forms and other forms but for new Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, I believe that's it.
Edit: Just a correction. This doesn't mean that it is impossible for there to be new Pokemon. There could be new Pokemon between 0 and 387 however I think that's it for Ultra Beasts

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
i wonder if they gonna do demo this time around after all the datamine leaks.
i think next month we will go into the big stuff like the new evil team,more z-moves, and what is the light thing from the box art, and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)
tbh i don't really care about alola forms , but it will be nice to see some new ones i guess.

Reaction score
@everyone

Just a reminder that BW2 and Platinum pokedexes were all over the place in comparison to BW and DP :p

It's entirely possible that the order changed and that the UBs aren't at the back of the dex anymore (or that not the same UBs are anyway) In gen 5, the dex was reordered for BW2 in accordance to how early you encounter the respective pokemon, e.g. the musketeers and genies were way earlier in the dex than they were in BW and so on. SM's dex was a bit messy imo so it's also possible that they will reorder it in accordance to the new additions and when/where you can see them etc

Ofc, it's also possible that this is indeed the order and these 2 UBs are the only new UBs we're getting, but even that much doesn't exclude the possibility of getting new alolan forms or new regular pokemon, OR a new myth that goes at the end of the dex

Also, regarding the skull logo. I do believe that it doesn't have to mean anything at all. After all, it can simply be a PROP, just like all the other villain team logos exist in the photo studio. Does that mean all 7 teams return? :p Doubt it. I wouldn't say Skull exists in USUM just because we saw their logo as a prop sticker and because we can wear skull hats (which we can probably do with the other villain teams too) That said, don't get me wrong, I still think every leak we currently have is a load of BS except the wishlist which may or may not be bs.

This topic surfaced on 4chan today and it looks like Z-Lillie's dialogue changed from SM to USUM. She's no longer talking about saving her mother apparently so maybe Lusamine does take a chill pill?

According to the poster, she's now saying something like: "But, one should help others! That’s what being in Alola has taught me!”

Last edited:
Reaction score
@everyone

Just a reminder that BW2 and Platinum pokedexes were all over the place in comparison to BW and DP :p

It's entirely possible that the order changed and that the UBs aren't at the back of the dex anymore (or that not the same UBs are anyway) In gen 5, the dex was reordered for BW2 in accordance to how early you encounter the respective pokemon, e.g. the musketeers and genies were way earlier in the dex than they were in BW and so on. SM's dex was a bit messy imo so it's also possible that they will reorder it in accordance to the new additions and when/where you can see them etc

Ofc, it's also possible that this is indeed the order and these 2 UBs are the only new UBs we're getting, but even that much doesn't exclude the possibility of getting new alolan forms or new regular pokemon, OR a new myth that goes at the end of the dex

Also, regarding the skull logo. I do believe that it doesn't have to mean anything at all. After all, it can simply be a PROP, just like all the other villain team logos exist in the photo studio. Does that mean all 7 teams return? :p Doubt it. I wouldn't say Skull exists in USUM just because we saw their logo as a prop sticker and because we can wear skull hats (which we can probably do with the other villain teams too) That said, don't get me wrong, I still think every leak we currently have is a load of BS except the wishlist which may or may not be bs.

This topic surfaced on 4chan today and it looks like Z-Lillie's dialogue changed from SM to USUM. She's no longer talking about saving her mother apparently so maybe Lusamine does take a chill pill?

According to the poster, she's now saying something like: "But, one should help others! That’s what being in Alola has taught me!”

She's basically saying what Kukui stated in the beginning of the original SM. Something along the lines of " If you see someone in need you just help them right"?
So yeah, it's doesn't seem to be about Lusamine seemingly.

Reaction score
i think next month we will go into the big stuff like the new evil team,more z-moves, and what is the light thing from the box art, and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)
tbh i don't really care about alola forms , but it will be nice to see some new ones i guess.
Hopefully for them they'll go through and remove anything suspect this time. However, the new forms in ORAS were also datamined from that demo, so perhaps that isn't likely...

Reaction score
Hopefully for them they'll go through and remove anything suspect this time. However, the new forms in ORAS were also datamined from that demo, so perhaps that isn't likely...
I don't see why they'd give us a demo of a third version but even if they do, I don't expect that they will hide stuff from the dataminers..I mean they tried harder for sm but it ended up all for naught in the end so

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
I don't see why they'd give us a demo of a third version but even if they do, I don't expect that they will hide stuff from the dataminers..I mean they tried harder for sm but it ended up all for naught in the end so
They did a demo for oras.. so maybe?
i can see them doing a demo with a special z-move to transfer, like they did with mega steelix and glalie

Reaction score
They did a demo for oras.. so maybe?
i can see them doing a demo with a special z-move to transfer, like they did with mega steelix and glalie
a remake is different. We hadnt seen Hoenn in 3D before and there's a reason to give people a demo of how things look in the remake..this however, it's still Alola, it's still generally the same, only features and some Z-shits are things they could show off in a demo and I'm not sure that's enough

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
a remake is different. We hadnt seen Hoenn in 3D before and there's a reason to give people a demo of how things look in the remake..this however, it's still Alola, it's still generally the same, only features and some Z-shits are things they could show off in a demo and I'm not sure that's enough
Well you have a point, but i still think they will do just to keep people busy until the release and to create a hype for this game.

Reaction score
and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)
Since it's tied to Gen 7's online, it will be back. I'd expect it to be changed in Gen 8. Gen 4 & 5 were the same since they were in the Pokemon Centers, Gen 6 had the PSS, and now Gen 7 has Festival Plaza.

IIRC it's usually not worth the time and trouble, so I wouldn't expect it.

View: https://twitter.com/Arkeus88/status/911942746075693056

I'll get my hopes up that this will be replicated in USUM
Wouldn't that also suggest Kiawe, Lana, and Gladion will get one too then?

Reaction score
Since it's tied to Gen 7's online, it will be back. I'd expect it to be changed in Gen 8. Gen 4 & 5 were the same since they were in the Pokemon Centers, Gen 6 had the PSS, and now Gen 7 has Festival Plaza.

IIRC it's usually not worth the time and trouble, so I wouldn't expect it.

Wouldn't that also suggest Kiawe, Lana, and Gladion will get one too then?
I mean, Ash in the poster for the new SM anime is shown to be wearing the USUM Z-Power Ring, so if he gets one, it's possible every character with (or without) a z ring will have them upgraded?

Reaction score
Well you have a point, but i still think they will do just to keep people busy until the release and to create a hype for this game.
The only problem is, the whole purpose of a demo is for a "special Pokemon". Iirc X/Y didn't get a public demo, but Or/As did for the special Mega Evolution, and Sun/Moon did for Ash-Greninja, so unless they have some new Pokemon form (maybe a new Alola form) they want to show off and tie exclusively to a demo, I'm not sure it is likely. However it would be nice to get a demo so we can get a datamine...

@everyone

True, platinums Dex is all over the place, but I believe B/W2 did it better by having the main legends and mythicals at the end of the Dex. I believe US/UM will be the same and have the main Legendaries at the end of the Dex. However since UBs classify as sub legends according to the code, it is possible they are earlier in the Dex (like the 3 musketeers in BW2). This also doesn't mean we can't get new Pokemon in the Dex earlier on and Alola forms are just forms so they don't count either. However the number just fits too well for the UBs. It is possible they are earlier, but I still think that this is all we get for "New UBs" in general.

Reaction score
Slightly unrelated but is there a Rumors/Leak thread for the Switch/G8 yet? Cause a lot of (probably fake) leaks have been flying around over the past little while and it would be nice to have a catalog of these leaks

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Slightly unrelated but is there a Rumors/Leak thread for the Switch/G8 yet? Cause a lot of (probably fake) leaks have been flying around over the past little while and it would be nice to have a catalog of these leaks
I haven't seen one yet. So I'd say not yet.

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
we're never getting a demo again after what happened with SM.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
I'm it sure if this was mentioned before but, serebii mentioned the changed Dex numbers in US/UM. Cosmog is 387 and Marshadow is 402. What does this mean? Well...

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmeon
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheremosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Kartana
396 Celesteela
397 Guzzlord
398 ???
399 ???
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

398 and 399 are most likely UB-Burst at 389 and UB-Assembly at 399

I think this is it when it comes to new Ultra Beasts and for that matter new Pokemon in general, that's all we will get. This doesn't exclude forms though. We could get new Alola forms and other forms but for new Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, I believe that's it.
Dammit. C'mon GF, don't tell me that the only new creatures design for this were Necrozma formes, only two Ultra Beasts, and another special snowflake Anime form. You can do way better that that!

Honestly, this makes it seem like these UBs were an afterthought only designed to disguise the lack of new designs in USUM.

Last edited: