• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

The Dragon Lord!
Reaction score
Most of it's uniteresting, but there's 2 things that stuck out to me.

1. The Swellow at the Police station
  2. The Ursaring in the Passimian concept art
This might alude to what's in store for the expanded Alola Dex.
What Ursaring I have check every inch on the Passimian concept art that is a Charizard, what are you blind!!!!!

Beep Boop
Reaction score
What Ursaring I have check every inch on the Passimian concept art that is a Charizard, what are you blind!!!!!
You can just explain people's mistake without calling them blind, thank you.

As for the art, it seems to be SM concept art indeed, no need to make concept art for USUM of things that already exist in SM. However, there's quite some things in there that weren't present in SM, like:
  • Wobbuffet and Furfrou in the green car with Machamp. Both mons didn't appear in SM, wonder if they were originally planned for it and might therefore appear in USUM.
  • Swellow at the police station indeed, another mon that wasn't in SM.
  • Misty on the Huntail boat??? It's her anime look too, kinda weird to include that in game concept art. I assume the artist was just a fan of her and included her for fun, I very much doubt anime Misty will appear in the games ^^;
  • The Slaking motel, did that ever appear in the games? When looking around the internet, it seems this concept art was revealed before SM was revealed too, but I can't remember it actually being in the games. Slakoth itself is not in the Alola dex either, only available via Island Scan as Vigoroth.
  • Blastoise in the fire truck, another mon not seen in Alola.
On a final note: some of this art is absolutely gorgeous D:

Reaction score
You can just explain people's mistake without calling them blind, thank you.

As for the art, it seems to be SM concept art indeed, no need to make concept art for USUM of things that already exist in SM. However, there's quite some things in there that weren't present in SM, like:
  • Wobbuffet and Furfrou in the green car with Machamp. Both mons didn't appear in SM, wonder if they were originally planned for it and might therefore appear in USUM.
  • Swellow at the police station indeed, another mon that wasn't in SM.
  • Misty on the Huntail boat??? It's her anime look too, kinda weird to include that in game concept art. I assume the artist was just a fan of her and included her for fun, I very much doubt anime Misty will appear in the games ^^;
  • The Slaking motel, did that ever appear in the games? When looking around the internet, it seems this concept art was revealed before SM was revealed too, but I can't remember it actually being in the games. Slakoth itself is not in the Alola dex either, only available via Island Scan as Vigoroth.
  • Blastoise in the fire truck, another mon not seen in Alola.
On a final note: some of this art is absolutely gorgeous D:
i think it's literally just SM early concept art(It says Sole/Luna not Ultra so yea), some of which never made it into the games. If we're lucky, we might see the unused SM concepts for USUM, but we also might not :p I mean even before we knew anything about SM, the concepts they showed on footage spoke of the fact that they wanted to make Alola a really vibrant place where humanity and pokemon live together closely, but seems like the end project didn't turn out so well...

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
I own copies of some of that artwork (the Seafolk Village and Konikoni City pictures); it came with my SM strategy guide. It’s definitely not for USUM...

The Slaking motel, did that ever appear in the games?
Incidentally, yes. The motels on Routes 2, 8, and 13 are all Slaking motels, it’s just that the camera angle of the games doesn’t make the billboard visible. But you can see it in the strategy guide’s maps:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Joe Merrick posted this early. Are we perhaps getting way too much info with these modern games ? I feel with USUM we know too much already that we won't be surprised like we were with SM.hhh.jpg

Reaction score
Joe Merrick posted this early. Are we perhaps getting way too much info with these modern games ? I feel with USUM we know too much already that we won't be surprised like we were with SM.View attachment 104844
i don't think this is the thread for this :p but it has been known for a long while that the 3ds era of marketing is tailored towards a global audience and hence, spoils us with reveals. This is nothing new and there's still a lot of mystery left in what we can expect for USUM

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
For the same reason ash was in the concept art for incineroar. It's all SM concept art, it doesn't really matter
Er... is it really confirmed that it’s game concept art and not anime? It wasn’t really confirmed outright iirc.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can anyone see if these art piece trace back to a source? I've tried to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Can anyone see if these art piece trace back to a source? I've tried to no avail.
  • Battle HUD is SM's
  • Text box style is SM's
  • Evolution screen is supposed to be green for Alolan forms
  • Looks like the furigana is missing but it's hard to be certain, the characters in the top right might have some very small furigana
I don't wanna say they didn't try but those are some glaring mistakes, literally every screenshot has a problem

Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It's too early for CoroCoro to leak anyway. Even when it has good stuff in it the leaks don't show up until about 5 days before it's actual release
What's worse is that they are ice type. Every Alolan form doesn't need to be an ice type. Maybe an ice poison type could be cool, but still. Also the trial character has a poorly done art/model imo.

Last edited:
Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I definitely know it's fake, plus it's too early for Corocoro anyway. I'm not expecting too much for October Corocoro, because we are one month away from USUM, we might get a minor detail, plus a trailer. We probably won't see new Alolan Formes though.

Reaction score
Definitely very careful with the Japanese.
But the trainer's eyes are really off... I think.

The design of the dialogue bubble is also wrong.

EDIT: LOL, big Japanese mistake I didn't see earlier.
View: https://youtu.be/XAM4adWDJoc

Last edited: