• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

oh my
Reaction score
If people still have complaints about it, they'd still be valid as long as they have a reasoning behind it; it's their opinion and that's perfectly fine as long as they don't push others into having their mindset as well.

I personally don't have any :B It's looking good.

tso

Reaction score
amazing!

New UB almost looks like a usual Pokemon / mythical. Pretty easy to get used to as a Pokemon, which is nice to have in the Ultra group.

Very interesting reason for Ultra Team's skin and sun slit glasses. Love it.

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
My trust in the only two reasonable leaks has begun to wane significantly. I would think we'd have seen some hint of "Rainbow" by now if that were a thing. I mean sure, anything is a trailer away from confirmation, and I do think we still have one or two big ones left, but I don't really see where that can all fit in with everything else that USUM have going on. Plus, my suspicion that Hau has already taken on his island trial because of the "year later" claim seems squashed by the fact that he's still traveling alongside us. And it's not as if anything else in those two leaks is a hard guess.

Reaction score
I just realized that the 12 Trials leak is now fake, they mentioned that there is Totem Salazzle in the leak even though we now know that it's a totem Alolan Marowak. That leak should go in the fake 4chan leaks since it got some of the trials wrong. It also mentioned the Ultra forms of Solgaleo and Lunala which we know are Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma.

Reaction score
The maria leaks mention a new Fire UB and a Poison one. Perhaps this is loosely what they are referring to in regards to Burst and Adhesive ?

Reaction score
We don't know that yet. Remember when Aether was advertised as the "good guys" that saved the ~poor defenseless pokemon~ from Team Skull and not the actual threat?

I feel like they're going to do that again. Especially since the Japanese trailer takes care in hinting that Lusamine took a chill pill and her kids actually sorta kinda love her.
Also further proof is that in the games data, there was a third set of music in the section for “villains”, Skull theme, Aether theme, and one other,

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
CharizardMen99 CharizardMen99

View: https://shyana97.tumblr.com/post/166057067719/if-my-mother-disappears

It's up for debate, but considering the exclamation point and the long ellipsis, it does sound like he's actually worried instead of indifferent.

Somebody also pointed out in this thread that two trailers ago Lillie's dialog about wanting to save her mother was taken out in one of the copy and pasted cut scenes. Possibly because she doesn't need saving from herself anymore.

There's also Lusamine calling someone or something a "monster". I doubt she'd call somebody out like that if she was still crazy. Even if she was acting.

Reaction score
So with the new ad showing that the UB's all have their own dimension, I have to wonder why each of these entire worlds only has...what looks like one pokemon in each of them.

Why would the main universe have hundreds of creatures when all others appear to have only one?

Unless, perhaps, ours only has one type of UB as well: Mew.

The main series universe HAD only one UB (UB 00 Genesis) that evolved over time to make all the other pokemon. Legendaries that appear to have existed without the help of Mew are just surrounded in myths. Kyogre came from the ocean? WRONG. Mew evolved into it, and people just mythologized its origins.

The main series universe is the Ultra Space for Mew and because Mews evolved into every other species in that Ultra Space, it only appears that there are more than one species in that universe.

All the other spaces just have single evolution creatures that never diverged into other creatures.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
So with the new ad showing that the UB's all have their own dimension, I have to wonder why each of these entire worlds only has...what looks like one pokemon in each of them.

Why would the main universe have hundreds of creatures when all others appear to have only one?
I have a feeling that Ultra Space is actually an amalgamation of all of the worlds Necrozma has taken "light" from. In fact, what if the "light" that Necrozma takes isn't just literal light, but also the metaphysical energies/essence of those worlds as well to the point where they all have to mesh together just to keep on existing? If that's the case, then maybe the unifying characteristic of all Ultra Beasts is that they evolved the instinctual desire to restore the light of their individual worlds.

Reaction score

Well, there are multiples of the ultra beasts. My brother got like 5 Kartana when playing Sun iirc, so maybe each Ultra Space is just filled with one kind of ultra beast, but here are still more

Reaction score
Let's talk about UB-Absorbtion. According to leaks, there is only room for two Ultra Beasts between Cosmog and Marshadow, UB-Burst and UB-Assembly.

This means there are two possibilities. For one, I thought that maybe it would go after the Dex and be the Mythical of the 21st movie (cause it looks like a Mythical too) but as people pointed out, it is seen in game pretty early on so it is unlikely.

This means that, as other people pointed out, it is a normal non legendary UB which means it doesn't need an Ultra Space section which means there could be a whole lot of new non legendary UBs.

Also people are speculating we will get something do do with fossils is coro coro. Maybe UB fossil mons?

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
Let's talk about UB-Absorbtion. According to leaks, there is only room for two Ultra Beasts between Cosmog and Marshadow, UB-Burst and UB-Assembly.

This means there are two possibilities. For one, I thought that maybe it would go after the Dex and be the Mythical of the 21st movie (cause it looks like a Mythical too) but as people pointed out, it is seen in game pretty early on so it is unlikely.

This means that, as other people pointed out, it is a normal non legendary UB which means it doesn't need an Ultra Space section which means there could be a whole lot of new non legendary UBs.

Also people are speculating we will get something do do with fossils is coro coro. Maybe UB fossil mons?
I think you mean UB Adhesive. Anyway I'm not so sure it'll be a non legend UB. It's different for sure and certainly is shown to be owned by the Ultra Recon Squad, but I'm not sure they'll go as far as to make new non legend Pokemon for this game.As cool as it would be for them to go further into the idea that UBs could be essentially regular Pokemon with evolutions too and such I just can't see it.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Stiiiiill not thrilled about these games, personally- they're looking a little more interesting story-wise, but considering that I hated the Ultra concept when it was released with Sun and Moon and these two games are entirely dedicated to it...? Not my thing.

Hoping for some more regional variants, but not holding my breath. XD

Reaction score
One species,not one individual
I guess it was the way it was worded I thought you where talking about there being only 1 UB for each
I think you mean UB Adhesive. Anyway I'm not so sure it'll be a non legend UB. It's different for sure and certainly is shown to be owned by the Ultra Recon Squad, but I'm not sure they'll go as far as to make new non legend Pokemon for this game.As cool as it would be for them to go further into the idea that UBs could be essentially regular Pokemon with evolutions too and such I just can't see it.
Yes I meant Adhesive. It could however be a “sub legend” like Sylvally

Reaction score
I feel that Adhesive and the other new UBs are from the world Ultra Megapolis . Just like Earth , Megapolis is also a world and the trainers from there have their own mons . We might see new UBs but quite difficult to see variants . Let’s Hope !

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
I guess it was the way it was worded I thought you where talking about there being only 1 UB for each

Yes I meant Adhesive. It could however be a “sub legend” like Sylvally
Aren't all UBs listed by the dex as sub legends? How does this make adhesive any different?