• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Reaction score
We have a f***load of stuff we still need to see. They'll have to be pumping out trailers almost annually now until release.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't expect a trailer until around 2 weeks before release tbh

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
I’m expecting a trailer tomorrow, but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if we had to wait until next week.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
Oh wait, tomorrow the new mario game coming out.
and i don't think nintendo will let them post a trailer when a big game comes out.
also it won't be smart to do that because it will overshadow the trailer.

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
Oh wait, tomorrow the new mario game coming out.
and i don't think nintendo will let them post a trailer when a big game comes out.
also it won't be smart to do that because it will overshadow the trailer.
Mario comes out on Friday. Tomorrow for much of the world is Thursday.

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
It comes out tomorrow for Australia and japan because time zones.
Well either way I don't think they would care. It's two different kinds of games. it's not like they'd be releasing a trailer for another Mario game

Cosmic Pikachu
Reaction score
And it’s for two different systems... two flagship franchises thoigh. Now is Mario Odyssey was on the 3DS or we were already in Gen 8 with Pokemon on the Switch... Nintendo may do both, since a game’s release the hype dies down

EDIT:
The official Pokémon Facebook page just put up something on the Rotom-Loto (can’t seem to post the screenshot from my phone) after already revealing Rotom-Loto in the last trailer a week or so ago. So yeah, the marketing for this game is all over the place. While we will get a new trailer soon, what it reveals and when is the IF

Last edited:
ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
So, all the previous main villain leaders (supposedly) come together and the best name they could think of was Rainbow Rocket?

Reaction score
If it's true that all villains are brought together in USUM, then I think USUM will feel much more like the anniversary games, much more than SM did.

Speaking of bringing the series together, it might be a stretch, but I believe USUM mascots are meant to combine the traits from some mascots of all previous regions because they:

- are created when Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo or Lunala, Pokemon that are the second stages of evolution, like Kanto mascots,

- represent Sun and Moon motif, the same motif like Ho-oh and Lugia represent,

- are called Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings, which means they represent the endings and the beginnings, like Groudon and Kyogre,

- can travel through portals to different places, like Sinnoh mascots,

- are formed by one Pokemon absorbing the other, like B2W2 mascots,

- are created when Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo or Lunala, the former produces the energy like Xerneas, the latter absorbs it like Yveltal.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
if there is trailer today it's in 10 minutes

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
We've had trailers at 10 est too so I wouldn't write it off just because it isn't at 9
it's only that jpns trailer that got into english, not a reveal trailer.
they do it because jpns time zone.