• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully in the future for Pokemon Switch they go back to that format announcing when trailers will be up.
Remember this is just another “Third Version” so once Generation 8 is announced, we should be back to a more consistent level of marketing.

Also Generation 8 will be great for leaks because if Cresselia/Jynx/Whoever that Twitter user is, has correct information, then the translators are more interested in G8 than US/UM, and with the Riddler still out there and more possible Chinese leakers, Generation 8 will be great

Cosmic Pikachu
Reaction score
Yeah let’s not hold our breath for Milan. Also, I dount Gen 8 is anywhere remotely near even an alpha version for localization teams to be excited about the games

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
^ Looks Ultra Fanmade yeah

(And logically it wouldn’t make much sense; not only are Electabuzz already found in Alola, but there’s a power plant for them to live around so I don’t think there would be much of an impetus for them to change.)

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
It's just occurred to me that we aren't getting a demo this time around.

I don't just mean the sorts of Demo we got for ORAS and SM where everyone could play, but previously they had demos at certain events you could play. There was an XY one where Sycamore just gave you Mewtwo and Mewtwonite Y

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
It's just occurred to me that we aren't getting a demo this time around.

I don't just mean the sorts of Demo we got for ORAS and SM where everyone could play, but previously they had demos at certain events you could play. There was an XY one where Sycamore just gave you Mewtwo and Mewtwonite Y
Do they usually give any kinds of demos for 3rd versions? I feel like we've only gotten them (recently anyway) for brand new gens and remakes

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
ORAS has a demo...
Yeah, but it's a remake and it came after Pokemon launches became worldwide. There have always been demos, but most of them were only available at specific events. ORAS was just the first one they did in the typical online demo fashion.

Reaction score
ORAS is a revamped region. USUM don't revamp Alola nearly as much as Hoenn was between RSE and ORAS.

Reaction score
How likely is the clashing with Mario Odyssey excuse ? Didn't someone mention that in this thread a few days back ? If that is true and with Halloween coming up, that would kinda make sense why we haven't gotten anything. Seems fairly weak though mind you lol

misses Alola
Reaction score
We did get a trailer on the 22nd last month, when both Pokkén and G/S came out on the same day (also a Friday). But maybe that was different because it was Pokémon related anyway...