• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
I heard that Ash could be in the game too.

Reaction score
So there's gym music. But why? Where is it used? Is there some kind of gym simulation or integration?

Stuck
Reaction score
There is a "Kantonian gym" that serves as a replica of Vermilion gym except without Lt. Surge or anything interesting. The leader just uses a Machoke (Machamp in the rematch).

Reaction score
There is a "Kantonian gym" that serves as a replica of Vermilion gym except without Lt. Surge or anything interesting. The leader just uses a Machoke (Machamp in the rematch).
Perhaps a leader using a Machoke/Machamp in a replica of Vermilion Gym is a reference to the old man whose Machop prepares a plot of land in Vermilion City for construction which was never finished in any game.

PK.......
Reaction score
neat, though I have a lot of questions
1. How did the datamine work? Was it because it was preloaded onto the eshop?
2. Did they reveal everything about the game or just a bit, because I've already heard about some new forms and UB's
3. Do they also have access to the actual games? Is it possible that footage of the game would be leaked again like last time?

DNA - I am a part of you!
Reaction score
2. Did they reveal everything about the game or just a bit, because I've already heard about some new forms and UB's
3. Do they also have access to the actual games? Is it possible that footage of the game would be leaked again like last time?
The datamine happened because of reviewer copies and had nothing to do with Eshop preloads. Just about everything was revealed if not everything and there is already at least one livestream on Youtube.

Cosmic Pikachu
Reaction score
1. No, preload would be impossible to leak without the title key. It was probably from review copies, since those went out yesterday.
2. Not sure, I’ve only looked for specific things of my interest. There’s a whole discussion thread for it.
3. Footage has already been leaked and a search should yield results

Reaction score
Wow. Not that I expected any more based on what I've been seeing. But this just adds to the list of lazy middle fingers that GF has been putting up lately.

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
The Kantonian Gym is garbage, but in fairness, I think it was us who did most of the hyping up for it. The extent of GF’s promotion for it has been a quick glimpse in the first trailer and saying in an interview “no there’s no Gyms but there is a sort of Gym-ish building in Malie you can try”