• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Perhaps the Trials are part of the Gym now, this way the Gym Leader could be a Trial Captain and hand down both the Z-Crystal and the Gym Badge after a battle where the Totem Pokemon could be on the Gym Leader's team.
I wouldn't mind if they put Trials and Gyms in the main story, instead of putting Trials in the main game and Gyms in the post-game or Gyms in the main game and Trials in the Post-game. With both of them together, at least you'll get a chance to earn extra experience points.

@Soki What about the other leaks mentioning that "Mega Evolution has been renamed to Z-Forms and is activated by the new function of the bracelet", I don't think it's likely but Maybe they referring Mega Evolution working differently in the Alola Region, since they mega stone are hard to obtain in Alola (which is a reason why Mega Stones are a post-game thing only). Also this is from last month, but someone did some sort of Z-Mega Theory: /vp/ - "Z-Megas" and the New Ring - Pokémon - 4chan, Does that mean anything?

"Mega Evolution is renamed to Z-Forms" is all I need to know that this leak is fake as hell lol. Why would GF rename anything, there's no purpose to that. If Z-Forms are going to be a thing, there's no reason to rename Mega Evolution to that, we'll just have Mega Evolution and Z-Forms.

About that Z-Mega Theory: they're just speculating, not leaking anything. It's just a theory, not a leak.

"Mega Evolution is renamed to Z-Forms" is all I need to know that this leak is fake as hell lol. Why would GF rename anything, there's no purpose to that. If Z-Forms are going to be a thing, there's no reason to rename Mega Evolution to that, we'll just have Mega Evolution and Z-Forms.

About that Z-Mega Theory: they're just speculating, not leaking anything. It's just a theory, not a leak.
It wouldn't make since to rename it Megas anyway, Z-forms are a similar manner to Megas, but they wouldn't rename it, Z-forms are probably new Mega Evolution in the Alola, since Mega Evolution are Gen VI thing only (Which is the reason why we didn't get new ones, making them a Post-game only, and Slowly introducing them through distribution events), we might get new Z-forms, which is Alola's version of Mega Evolution. Ultra Evolution/Ultra Forms/Totem Forms might be for Alola Pokemon Exclusive to get some of Alola Pokemon some buff and stat boost, like how totem pokemon got it and Lusamine fusion with Nihilego, her team got stat boost.

Also the Z-Mega theory is something I dug up yesterday, They were talking about putting Megas and Z-moves together, that's definitely unlikely and a overkill.

The trials were kind of underwhelming, I hope that whatever comes into the games - they are slightly more challenging.

Honestly speaking i would rather have gyms than trials because for me it is more challenging. And if you put gyms post game it would still be gyms so ur point of trials making alola unique would be invalid. And also I dont think trials is the only thing making Alola unique. Alola has many qualities setting it apart from other regions:

*First region that is almost an archipelago(having many main islands)
*First region with a regional variant
*First region to let you hold the championship

And bringing trials just for the sake of uniqueness even if they are underwhelming is kinda bad in my opinion.

Well, I'll have to agree to disagree with both of you. I found the Island Trials more interesting and challenging than I've found gyms to be in a long time.

Yeah, they're not renaming Mega Evolutions to Z-Forms.

It'd mess up the marketing of those forms - and it'd clash with previous continuity in the anime, manga, and games that talked about Mega Evolution. That is also why I doubt a Pokémon would get more than one Mega unless it debuts in the same game like Charizard/Mewtwo.

Though I do wonder if we could see catchable Totems? The Totems are all bigger in size, with the exception of Wishiwashi Solo & School Forms. I'd imagine their base stats would be different than the regular sizes of their species. There's also the aura boost that'd make them stand out aside from their size.

Catching Totems would be problematic lore-wise since they're supposed to test other trainers. They aren't nearly as marketable as traditional forms, either.
I think @Tuoko referring to pokemon getting stat boost the same way Totem pokemon got stat boost, the stat boost came from the Ultra Wormhole. Also Lusamine's team got stat boost, when she fused with Nihilego. Catching Totem Pokemon wouldn't change a thing, when catching them, they probably reverting back to their normal form. I'm thinking they'll get some sort of Totem form to get a stat boost.

I'm still concerning on the Ultra Beast resemble human character, for example Nihilego resemble Lillie.

Well, I'll have to agree to disagree with both of you. I found the Island Trials more interesting and challenging than I've found gyms to be in a long time.

All I said was that I found the gyms to be underwhelming and that I desired more of a challenge. I did not make any comparison to gyms. Please read before responding. Thanks.

but anyway...We got some rumors about the first trailer?

I mean...maybe after coro coro leak,or on the 6 like that guy said...

I assume they mean this one, who says we can expect the first info around July 10. Though it is the same one saying Mega Evolution will be renamed, so I wouldn't really trust on that :p

im not talking about that one-

Im talking about the dataminer one lmao
I assume they mean this one, who says we can expect the first info around July 10. Though it is the same one saying Mega Evolution will be renamed, so I wouldn't really trust on that :p

Back
Top Bottom