• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I have a theory. You know how they revealed every new Mega in ORAS, the Delta Episode and then later revealed every new mon for S/M? I predict that this time, they are gonna try to keep things a surprise this time, by keeping everything about these games under wraps. They revealed the existence that the mascots are related to Necrozma and the titles, but fromt hat point until...maybe a month before release, their lips are sealed, and then the marketing would just focus on the new Necrozma/Sogaleo forms and whatever distributions they have at the time, keeping any and all other changes a secret.

I have a theory. You know how they revealed every new Mega in ORAS, the Delta Episode and then later revealed every new mon for S/M? I predict that this time, they are gonna try to keep things a surprise this time, by keeping everything about these games under wraps. They revealed the existence that the mascots are related to Necrozma and the titles, but fromt hat point until...maybe a month before release, their lips are sealed, and then the marketing would just focus on the new Necrozma/Sogaleo forms and whatever distributions they have at the time, keeping any and all other changes a secret.
Im not sure USUM is the right game to do that strategy, considering the already bad public opinion it has. Specially since the main argument being used is that it is nothing new.
I'd say they wouldnt risk it being a flop right after sun and moon

But not exactly unusual. B2W2 did the same thing.

You don't say? If the games are bonafied sequels, then the radio silence would be justified. Unlike SM, the plot would be changed to the point of having spoilers worth protecting. Though they also didn't claim it was a sequel or anything, just an "alternate story"

You don't say? If the games are bonafied sequels, then the radio silence would be justified. Unlike SM, the plot would be changed to the point of having spoilers worth protecting. Though they also didn't claim it was a sequel or anything, just an "alternate story"

Nah, I think Silktree's right in that if these were sequels, they'd have just said so straight off.

But that "alternate story" have so much possibilities.

Meh. I'll believe those possibilities when I see them. In principle it's been done before with standard third versions and remakes.

If you're going to hook me on an AU story, don't show me a Pikachu forest or whatever it was.

I'm sensing some deja vu from B2W2, In B2W2, they announced it February, nothing in March, Info in April, May and June (until the game is released). USUM, we got an announcement trailer in June, nothing for July, and some news in August, September, October, and November (until the release date). Judging by this, why does it feel like a pattern?

Don't expect much to be revealed in November. The only things SM got in that month were the starters' Z-moves, Necrozma and 3 UBs. They preferred to end the info dump in October, which makes sense if the point is to let potential buyers digest the information/hype not too close to the release date.

Also, bear in mind that B2W didn't have many forms to show off. If USUM rely on new regional variants as much as ORAS did with Megas, then that is going to affect the coverage (and in turn quantity) of other features.

Just saying.

They'll probably reveal something at worlds. They revealed Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, Salandit, so maybe like... Alolan insert popular Johto Pokemon here? If not then probably August.

The devil is in the details. M20 is an "alternate storyline" based on the original anime storyline.

So if we look at this overlooked fact, USUM are going to have an "alternate storyline" based on the original game storyline. So these aren't in anyway going to be sequels, despite me wanting to know what came of Lillie in Kanto.

If you think about it, ORAS was an alternate timeline to RSE as well! I'm sensing a pattern here.

Anywho I'm disappointed we probably won't get to much info this month if any but I guess there is something I didn't realize since it's still a relatively new concept (I think?). It's that reveals are no longer exclusively monthly. Iirc a lot if not most of sun and moons info came from random reveals and trailers; not corocoro. I believe this is a first, no? Actually ORAS may have done the same now that I think of it...

Anyway, if anything it means we shouldnt get too discouraged if Corocoro happens to be dry in any given month. There could still be info to come!

we are fucked it seems

http://i.********/vp/1499704570319.png

seriously,if he's not joking,two motnhs without anything...it's bullshit

Well if it no new info about USUM this month then, hopefully we get something in August, for they most show something in order to get peoples interested, and I think if it is no new info then is might because the new Pokemon Movie will be showing on cinema this Satureday!!!

Ugh just what we need, a possible "Pretending to be someone/thing else to make people think that person/thing is bad" plot. Where the players will get to groan and know it's not really them the whole time while waiting for everyone else to drop the idiot ball and catch up.

NPCs: "How could Solgaleo/Lunala do this?! It's horrible!"

Us: "It's obviously not them they don't have that black armor normally."

Villains: "We will stop this!"

Us: "Oh my god."

Player Character: ":)"

Back
Top Bottom