• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Technically it won't be a new evolution, just a form of an existing Pokemon, which has happened before.

His tweet says "...an alternative Evolution for another Pokémon"

Unless I am missing something?

I don't know why we still talk about patterns when the patterns have been broken numerous times already .. We saw with SM that GF is willing to try new things and change up the formula, who's to say we can't get new pokemon mid-gen either? Maybe there's a reason the national dex didn't exist in SM (yes, wishful thinking ahoy)..

Either way, 4chan is coming up with even more fake threads which don't even warrant discussion I'd say ..
Why do you care lol it's the easiest way to formulate predictions and Pokémon has been traditionally infamous for following set patterns. Sure, it's broken that mold lately but that doesn't invalidate everything they've done in the past. People are expecting Sinnoh remakes based on the fact that every generation prior has been remade are they not? Not to mention the fact that we haven't received a new evolution in 10 years.

mavqhaw7kwcz.png

If we do get a male Salazzle, I wish that we can get a male Vespiquen as well.
It actually makes sense for male Combee to not evolve tho. But then I guess you could say the same for Salazzle.

I just find it kind of coincidental that a leak mentions a new forme, drops a male Salazzle fakemon, the trailer is rumored to come out tomorrow, and the Salazzle distribution begins in two weeks.

It actually makes sense for male Combee to not evolve tho. But then I guess you could say the same for Salazzle.

I just find it kind of coincidental that a leak mentions a new forme, drops a male Salazzle fakemon, the trailer is rumored to come out tomorrow, and the Salazzle distribution begins in two weeks.
I think all of these things come from different leaks, some of which are self-proclaimed trolling. The fake male Salazzle is a fanmade evo from back when SM was in hype season or something.. New formes are not out of the question since they don't take up a new dex number entry .. Salazzle's dex says only females have been found, but that doesn't exclude a male emerging..technically

Also, the Philly guy said he needs help translating so I think what he meant is not super clear in general

*Cough**cough*Sylveon*cough**cough*
I think Eeveelutions are a special case and will probably keep recurring every other gen (unless Sylveon exists solely because fairy type was new)

I'd really wish to see old pokemon get new/branch evolutions though.. Idk why they decided that was a bad trend to set

Why do you care lol it's the easiest way to formulate predictions and Pokémon has been traditionally infamous for following set patterns. Sure, it's broken that mold lately but that doesn't invalidate everything they've done in the past. People are expecting Sinnoh remakes based on the fact that every generation prior has been remade are they not? Not to mention the fact that we haven't received a new evolution in 10 years.

Not saying there are no patterns GF follows, was trying to say it's not impossible for them to break another pattern since they have in the past. One interview had Masuda menntion that his aim is to surprise the fans with something that they won't expect (which is what led them to make sequels instead of Gray and things of that sort) They also mentioned the same thing about pokemon designs..when they see fanmade fakemon, they try not to copy the design and instead go for something fans won't have predicted. The same way they can decide to add new pokemon mid-gen cause nobody would expect it (it likely won't happen but one can dream)

Pikachu, Exeggcute, Cubone, and Rockruff all count as having alternative evolutions. They're just forms instead of new species, which is what @PkmnTrainerV was talking about - a potential new Lycanroc form.

A "male Salazzle" could* fall under that category, but I doubt it'll happen as they haven't made a male counterpart of Vespiquen after all these years.

* = I said could because I'm not sure if major gender differences should count as such.

The "male Salazzle" is just fanart guessing Salandit's evolution from before SM released.

The Salazzle event is tied to the TCG set Burning Shadows. Just like the Midnight Lycanroc event a while back.

*Cough**cough*Sylveon*cough**cough*

TRUE it just barely counts though imo ;P

Not saying there are no patterns GF follows, was trying to say it's not impossible for them to break another pattern since they have in the past. One interview had Masuda menntion that his aim is to surprise the fans with something that they won't expect (which is what led them to make sequels instead of Gray and things of that sort) They also mentioned the same thing about pokemon designs..when they see fanmade fakemon, they try not to copy the design and instead go for something fans won't have predicted. The same way they can decide to add new pokemon mid-gen cause nobody would expect it (it likely won't happen but one can dream)

Now this I agree with. I would love to have more brand new evolutions of old Pokémon, my point was they had never released new Pokémon in a third version before and leaks are typically rife with claiming new evolutions so I don't wanna get my hopes up is all.

Pikachu, Exeggcute, Cubone, and Rockruff all count as having alternative evolutions. They're just forms instead of new species, which is what @PkmnTrainerV was talking about - a potential new Lycanroc form.
Ehh I'm not sure I would count those as new evos as much as new forms since they have the same name. The way philly phrased it made me think it was a brand new Pokémon altogether but that may just be wishful thinking :p

I would also say that it could all just be wording. He may be saying "an alternative Evolution for another Pokémon", but meaning a different form. Like a new Lycanroc form is technically in a way a new evolutions? Either way it could just be his wording of the situation rather than what he is actually seeing. Him saying that doesn't necessarily mean it IS a brand new Pokemon. He could just inadvertently be talking similarly to the way the Japanese market new forms. He may not even notice it lol Either way at this point I don't see any reason to NOT believe him. Looking into just some of his background from what he has on his profile I don't think he'd want to ruin his name. It's not like he's just some nobody.

I would also say that it could all just be wording. He may be saying "an alternative Evolution for another Pokémon", but meaning a different form. Like a new Lycanroc form is technically in a way a new evolutions? Either way it could just be his wording of the situation rather than what he is actually seeing. Him saying that doesn't necessarily mean it IS a brand new Pokemon. He could just inadvertently be talking similarly to the way the Japanese market new forms. He may not even notice it lol Either way at this point I don't see any reason to NOT believe him. Looking into just some of his background from what he has on his profile I don't think he'd want to ruin his name. It's not like he's just some nobody.
He said he needs help translating from japanese so the "wording" part is definitely true, as in, we don't know the correct wording for that claim, it may just mean form or something.. That said, he still hasn't posted anything at all about the leak so I wonder what's up.. I also don't think he'd troll so hard and risk his rep though

I don't think he would intentionally leak info knowing or suspecting it was false, no. But some YouTubers (see: Tyranitar Tube) are easily convinced by fake leaks and report them as real for clickbait and views. Not saying this is the case for Philly especially considering he didn't make a vid about it yet, just something to take into account.

I don't think he would intentionally leak info knowing or suspecting it was false, no. But some YouTubers (see: Tyranitar Tube) are easily convinced by fake leaks and report them as real for clickbait and views. Not saying this is the case for Philly especially considering he didn't make a vid about it yet, just something to take into account.

I don't think youtubers like Tyranitar Tube actually believe the hype they put out most of the time. It's mostly just for the clicks and views IMO.

Mmm,link?

Mmm,link?

The fakemon they were talking about was likely the one you posted a few pages back. Though I'm confused why the sudden talk of a male Salazzle even happened, there's not really anything pointing it to. Especially because of what @lavandula said.

Honestly, it makes more sense to be another Lycanroc, as there's more things pointing to it than anything else. A new summary for the Tapu Lele/Rockruff episode on August 10th popped up, and it said that Rockruff has gone missing, so it should evolve going by the Pokedex entries. The anime even brought that up before IIRC, he's also growing restless in the battle against Olivia.

The merch will be revealed on the 10 of August? or maybe some days before that date?

But anyway,the fact that Verlisify rant about something that we still don't know if it's true or fake is fucking funny lmao(Oh?.Verlisify made a rant video? It's the "first time",so "original")

He isn't sure it's real as far as I grasped anyway, but he claimed he will make a video about it (to discuss it maybe?) We do know its source is Japanese though
I don't think Salazzle would have a male form.
Salazzle's Chinese name has "Cleopatra" in it, and Junichi Masuda supervises only Chinese and Japanese names.
It wouldn't make sense if they have a male Salazzle form.

Where did you see the cleopatra part ? All I see that Salazzle's names all come from a combination of flame/bewitching and newt

Ennyuuto in jap (fire/bewitching and newt)
Malamandre in French (bad salamander )
Amfira- amphibian /fire in German
Yeomnyuteu - korean version of the japanese name
Yihmhauhsīk in Chinese .. I guess it has flame, bewitching queen and salamander in it but cleopatra?

Technically, aside from the chinese thing, every name of Salazzle is kinda double-meaning enough to fit a male evo too

The merch will be revealed on the 10 of August? or maybe some days before that date?

But anyway,the fact that Verlisify rant about something that we still don't know if it's true or fake is fucking funny lmao(Oh?.Verlisify made a rant video? It's the "first time",so "original")

It is officially revealed on the 10th, but it's possible that it will leak earlier.. We should have corocoro scans starting around 9th too

Also, judging by the newest announced anime titles, Ash's Rockruff either evolves or doesn't, cause the summary isn't really indicative of anything, and it seems Ash doesn't even lose to Olivia so no reason for a Lycanroc showdown either

Idk if I've said it here (I prolly have lol) but I suspect we'll get info possibly by the end of this week. The merch reveal may be the 10th, but I doubt they'd officially reveal stuff about the game just to match merchandise reveals. I think we'll get an official reveal before then and then the toy will be revealed on the 10th. As far as CoroCoro is concerned we could get it pretty early this month. It comes out early in August due to a summer holiday in Japan. So we could get it this weekend possibly although maybe anything earlier than the 8th is a bit much

Back
Top Bottom