• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Reaction score
About this whole mysterious Lycanroc, Mimikyu, and Togedamaru being highlighted, I have a idea, Questions could be raised about this, Why is Lycanroc the same if it's going to have a new form probably? Is it a totem Pokemon now? What about Mimikyu? Does it get a new form? If it does how do we get this form? Or is it an exclusive Z-Move? But Mimikyu is jumping from the trees so it's probably a Totem right? What about Togedamaru? Why is it even there? It's just a Pikachu Clone, why would it get special treatment?

Anyways, here is my take on all the ramblings above

Totem Forms And Abilities -------

Basically "Hidden Grottoes" would return in a way but this time with catchable Totem Pokemon featuring special "Totem Abilities". Mimikyu's lets it change form and so does Lycanroc. For Togedamaru it has an S.O.S ability that lets it summon other Pikachu clones in battle, etc, etc,

Reaction score
Why does everyone assume that means anything at all? Masuda has been spamming literally every other thing aside for USM ..mostly pokemon GO(mi) stuff and pikachu stuff. He has posted occasional countdowns for USM but that's about it I guess.

Also, take into account the timezone differences and that tweet already means nothing (unless they're gonna post trailers at 10pm + Japan time)
Because we are in an information drought. Also about the time thing, I remember last Announcement Season it was always 10 AM when the videos where released EST, and the same in Japan regardless of the time difference

Last edited:
Reaction score
the first time i saw that lillie "leak" i knew that it was fake because...the art,deviantart is a good place for posting fan made design :p Lmao

I already saw that on DA so...But anywa,the only art that MAYBE i trust now,is the "jurassic park" one,i know that sun and the old man proportions are off,but...if the thing that they changed the artist for this game is true?:/

For now,UNTIL we will have real informations about that,MAYBE,i will believe to that(and no,im not doing it because philly made a video about that,also...He never said that the video that recorded was about "his leak" lmao,maybe the other one that recorded is about his leak),and...like philly new video...

Let's wait

Reaction score
the first time i saw that lillie "leak" i knew that it was fake because...the art,deviantart is a good place for posting fan made design :p Lmao

I already saw that on DA so...But anywa,the only art that MAYBE i trust now,is the "jurassic park" one,i know that sun and the old man proportions are off,but...if the thing that they changed the artist for this game is true?:/

For now,UNTIL we will have real informations about that,MAYBE,i will believe to that(and no,im not doing it because philly made a video about that,also...He never said that the video that recorded was about "his leak" lmao,maybe the other one that recorded is about his leak),and...like philly new video...

Let's wait
Phillyguy's leak was never real to begin with I'd say, he just got new fake leaks to make clickbaits out of...it got so bad that even someone as bad as Verlisify had to call him out on it.

I mean, you can go and believe that fake picture if you want to but, the fact remains that it has more inconsistencies than simply a few off proportions( the list is way longer than that). The person who drew that and the fake Genesect wanted to make his stuff believable by posting them separately on 4chan and making it look like one makes the other seem more credible since they share the Genesect head connection.

It takes a quick google search to see what SM artwork looked like, and hence, to conclude the park thing is fake and fanmade (do we also have to discuss the pic depicting preschoolers who should not even have pokemon of their own roam around a park full of fossil dinos?) Changing the artist won't change the artwork like that, it would change the style completely and no GF artist would be allowed to do official art with such glaring errors.

Just saying, this image being fake does by no means disprove the possibility of that park really existing in USUM, since the SM breeder spoke of wanting to build one. I also want that to be real and true, but to believe that it's real due to this image looking close to official art style is gonna leave you more disappointed than hoping for the possibility based on the SM dialogue I'd say.

Fact of the matter is that SM left many possibilities halfdone or unfinished, and all of them could be fulfilled in USUM, that's why it's easy for fake leakers to ride on "easy predictions". Even Lycanroc 3 is an easy prediction on the verge of becoming reality. Does that mean every fake leaker claiming it'd be real is a legit leaker? I don't think so. Would need some less predictable info to turn out real to believe any certain leak and so far, the best thing we have is the guy who somehow guessed that the games would be called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon(which is also somewhat dubious since Ultra Space/Beasts are a thing).

Btw, this comment is by no means aimed at attacking you (just in case of misunderstandings), so don't take it in a negative way. Just saying why it's a bad idea to believe in these particular fake images

Reaction score
In all seriousness — if that Rockruff stuff is legit a new form we should be getting news soon.
I just can't see TPC letting the anime leak something from the game*.

*Let's ignore Kanto to Johto transition.
Which means we have to have it before the 10th. The 10th is the premiere date of the anime episode, as well as the toy reveal. We can probably bet on Monday or Tuesday, I think.

dark types tbh
Reaction score
Which means we have to have it before the 10th. The 10th is the premiere date of the anime episode, as well as the toy reveal. We can probably bet on Monday or Tuesday, I think.
If that is the case, we should be getting an announcement for a trailer either today, tomorrow, or sunday.

Or monday if they really want to wait that much longer for some reason. I'm really hyped because they may reveal other stuff in this trailer (like more about the story, new alolan forms, etc.) that could prove "leaks" wrong, or give some more validity.

Reaction score
If that is the case, we should be getting an announcement for a trailer either today, tomorrow, or sunday.

Or monday if they really want to wait that much longer for some reason. I'm really hyped because they may reveal other stuff in this trailer (like more about the story, new alolan forms, etc.) that could prove "leaks" wrong, or give some more validity.
well,i guess that today it's impossible

Reaction score
View: https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/893435052142362624

PokeJungle moaning about getting lots of messages about the Lillie leak.
I feel sorry for him.
It's like 4am in Japan now (where PokeJungle lives)

Anyway, I did a video explaining why it is fake:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiV4YqeWAUg
I implore you to do another debunk video for the fossil park fake because it's literally everywhere and people don't even stop to look at all the reasons why it's fake

Reaction score
I implore you to do another debunk video for the fossil park fake because it's literally everywhere and people don't even stop to look at all the reasons why it's fake
I'm still thinking of a way to explain it in English.
But I don't think I can explain properly.

Reaction score

Monday/Tuesday tends to be a more common time for new announcement videos. But anything is possible.

They could throw a huge curveball and let the anime make the initial reveal with a proper video afterwards.

Reaction score
Well,the only thing that we can hope for is something at Pokenchi this sunday :v

Fancier then a Milotic,faster than a Deoxys-Speed
Reaction score
The problem with Anime revealing is dub isn't even close

Reaction score
Please, let's not talk about Pokenchi. Not after last year's fiasco.

(I don't think getting info then is completely impossible, but it's super unlikely. Also Ohmori apparently isn't even in the preview for the Pokenchi ep, whatever that means.)

Reaction score
Please, let's not talk about Pokenchi. Not after last year's fiasco.

(I don't think getting info then is completely impossible, but it's super unlikely. Also Ohmori apparently isn't even in the preview for the Pokenchi ep, whatever that means.)
He really isn't, I saw it and it was all about pikachus.. it just means he's probably just some flavor guest there

Reaction score
He really isn't, I saw it and it was all about pikachus.. it just means he's probably just some flavor guest there

but anyway...now im starting to believe that the dream thing is fake,just rip my dreams...

I wanna know the name of the one that did that-

That troll was just fucking UNFAIR

Reaction score
The problem with Anime revealing is dub isn't even close
That didn't stop Origins with Mega Charizard X, though that wasn't the main series and was a lot closer to XY's release than we are to USM's release right now.

I do think a trailer around Tuesday or so is way more likely, but there's a slight chance the anime will break precedent, especially since there's a chance of Corocoro leaks spoiling it around the same time as the episode might premiere.