• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

SPOILERS: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Reaction score
And it's a literal recolor of midday Lycanroc..it's orange with midnight's fur on its back....and that was all ohmori showed...wellp... disappointment corner it is
why are we surprised? the only reason it was revealed at all is because it was coming up in the anime, hence why it wasn't a YouTube dump.

Reaction score
Well,atleast we got something...even if it was just lycanrock :v

Just disappointed that we just got him and not a trailer

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
Lmao, Troll Freak are taking it to the next level here. I think this answers why we are getting so little info. They really have run out of ideas. Anyone want to bet there is a Dawn form which is Midnight Lycanroc with Midday's colouration?

If you listen closely enough you can actually hear them scraping the barrel. Any more and they might go through it.

unamused
Reaction score
I like it somewhat. No surprise, since I already loved midnight lycanroc. I guess its stats will be 80/115/70/55/70/97?

Reaction score
why are we surprised? the only reason it was revealed at all is because it was coming up in the anime, hence why it wasn't a YouTube dump.
I am more surprised the wolf is a literal recolor and nothing else, rather than surprised about the lack of info..We did get to hear a slightly revamped battle bgm though

unamused
Reaction score
Lmao, Troll Freak are taking it to the next level here. I think this answers why we are getting so little info. They really have run out of ideas. Anyone want to bet there is a Dawn form which is Midnight Lycanroc with Midday's colouration?

If you listen closely enough you can actually hear them scraping the barrel. Any more and they might go through it.
what's bad about it? It's a pretty orange, just like a sunset.

Reaction score
I am more surprised the wolf is a literal recolor and nothing else, rather than surprised about the lack of info..We did get to hear a slightly revamped battle bgm though
Ya... sounds lazy to me.
At least they could've changed the design a tiny little bit.

Reaction score
Literally it looks like a shiny Pokemon from the old days where the colouration was just slightly different not even that noticeable.

I'm even willing to bet it;s Pure Rock type again.

unamused
Reaction score
I'll admit rocky horns would have been cool on this one, but oh well. I'm just glad it's still not at all lucario like.

Reaction score
I just really hope it's better than the other 2. But I doubt it. Probably pure Rock type and a meh moveset. But I can hope. It looks nice and since I never used Lycanroc before, I'd love to put it on my team.

Reaction score
Well, for the actual info side. It apparently does not evolve by normal means like other evolutions. It's different. This information is on the official website by the way.

Reaction score
I'm split on the design. On one hand I think it looks pretty cool. but they could have done a little bit more to make it not just a slightly edited version of Midday form :/
Atleast it's something,and i don't get why people must whine about something that is not story related-

Anyway,im the only one that think that he looks way more amazing in the anime?

Monkeying around~
Reaction score
I really like the new Lycanroc. :X I can understand disappointment from it being similar to pre-existing Lycanroc, though. Doesn't hurt that it's my favorite color, but at the very least I think it's a fun way to make Rockruff's arc in the anime feel more unique than if we were to get regular Midday as it's evolution, since we've seen both prior forms get focus.

Reaction score
Atleast it's something,and i don't get why people must whine about something that is not story related-

Anyway,im the only one that think that he looks way more amazing in the anime?
Nope you are not the only one. I also like the touch in which its eye turns red in battle animations in the gameplay. Though the most interesting thing about that video (for me) was the new Pokemon encounter theme. It sounds much more intense.

unamused
Reaction score
meh, people are just whining again. It's a really nice color scheme, really, and it's notably less boring than midday lycanroc. I wish they had done a little more, yeah, but it's okay. Be thankful they didn't pull another kyurem black...

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out rock/fire, rock/psychic, or rock/dark, with midnight being pure rock to put further emphasis on this strange hybrid.

Reaction score
It's been exactly 2 months (down to the day) since USUM were announced.
In that time the only thing they've revealed is a different colouration of a Pokemon we already know and has already had a lot of exposure.

Can't wait for October. Maybe Cap Pikachu, will gain access to an 8th hat, (one of Lillie's perhaps?)

dark types tbh
Reaction score
I mean, the design is starting to grow on me, I don't want to sound like i'm complaining ;-; I am just interested in exactly how Rockruff involves into it. What if it is just a dusk stone lmao? But I do agree that it looks 100% cooler in the anime.

Reaction score
Perhaps you'll need both Midday and Midnight Lycanroc in your party to make it evolve into Dusk. Or an item that is imbued with both the power of the sun and the power of the moon.