1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've overhauled the Bulbagarden forum rules. You should read the new set here !
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Bulbagarden is currently running a site-wide staff drive! Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Discussion in 'Current Event: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon' started by Soki, Jun 6, 2017.

1. MegaGreninga

MegaGreninga New Member

Blog Posts:
    I still love a Dawn evolution form for Rockrufff

2. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    What? The other Pokemon flinches after using a move? Is that even possible?

Guzma, thatdude53, Rosalia R and 4 others like this.
  3. Niyuura

Niyuura Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't think it is, no..what would be the point to flinch when you've already attacked? It is more believable to say the pokemon flinches on the next turn and allowing the mimikyu a free move for a turn

4. dCraw

dCraw Active Member

Blog Posts:
    The whole tic-ing time bomb ability is way to overly complicated, plus as others have started a Pokémon cant flinch after the move has been used.
    Like the ice slugma leak, people describe they're wishes as overly complicated abilities not realizing game freak never does things that complex.

5. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    But they didn't say that. The 'leaker' phrases as if the Pokemon flinches on the same turn, which is clearly impossible. This definitely puts a dent in this 'leak'.
    Also, I'm not convinced that Togedemaru will lose its typing entirely

I declare this leak...
    [​IMG]

(This part was intended to be posted earlier but the double post rule...)
    But it's still a rare happening (isn't US getting it after 90 or so years?)

6. Niyuura

Niyuura Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I know, I'm just saying what they could have written to make their stuff more believable. (I think people aren't even trying anymore when writing fake leaks)
    As for Togedemaru...no, never in my lifetime will I even think that a pikachu clone is gonna lose its electric typing, much less get a form that isn't a regional variant. I'm not sure what's with this obsession that everything has to get a form :x

Especially mimikyu, I don't even think I'd want it to have an unmasked form because it would look like a black blob of nothing. I'd want it to cosplay other pokemon and maybe change its typing accordingly?

thatdude53 and PkmnTrainerV like this.
  7. Matleo

Matleo Member

Blog Posts:
    yes if its ability works like 100% stench but in a scary way.

Zygarde, Wishiwashi, maybe more complex needs to become by now after 7 generations.

8. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    Flinching after moving in a turn is completely impossible currently, since the whole point of flinching is that the affected Pokemon is unable to move.

According to this leak, Pokemon A will use a move to activate Mimikyu's form change, AND will flinch in the same turn which is completely impossible.

Guzma, dCraw and Niyuura like this.
  9. Matleo

Matleo Member

Blog Posts:
    or after it attacks it sees its form and flinches for the next turn?
    I dont know if it will work still like Disquise, but maybe its the same as blocking the move?

10. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    Flinching next turn is something that has never happened in the history of Pokemon, and its VERY very unlikely that Gamefreak will change such a mechanic for a single Pokemon.

My hypothesis is that this 'leaker' wanted to come up with a plausible effect and included flinching before giving it a second thought, and also without looking up he flinching mechanic properly.

And it brings up a huge can of worms. How does it make sense? Flinching is a temporary shock. I cannot see it persisting for the entire turn, and also, will Switching work? Mega Transformations?

dCraw likes this.
  11. dCraw

dCraw Active Member

Blog Posts:
    How are Zygarde and wishiwashi's abilities complex? The form changes at x%. Thats literally it.
    How would you type ice slugma or bomb togedemaru abilities in the ability box so it fits and is understandable?

PkmnTrainerV likes this.
  12. Niyuura

Niyuura Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Can we all agree the mimikyu stuff is all fake now?

[​IMG]
    Anime episode's second preview pretty much shows how the episode ends (with Jessie fixing Mimikyu's disguise, as expected)

13. Plumeria

Plumeria Cool cat

Blog Posts:
    Not that I think it's true, but if the new Mimikyu form thing was true, wouldn't it last only in battle like a Mega form?

It would make sense for Mimikyu look normal outside of battle, like in that screenshot. No way would they replace such a popular and marketable thing in the anime with the spider thing.

PartTimePokemonMaster likes this.
  14. Froyo

Froyo Sleepless Dessert

Blog Posts:
    LOL, brilliant xD

Saving that :^)

15. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    I just thought it'd be a less time-consuming way to express my opinion on leaks, after experiencing my first ever leak season last year. The creator made it for the same purpose, after all :p

16. Cute Charm

Cute Charm Bark at the Moon Version

Blog Posts:
    The thing is though Disguise is like a one round substitute. If it breaks it looks like it has a broken neck for the rest of the match. That's the ability.

To insert a new form, even battle-only one, would mean that Disguise would have to be rewritten in some way that triggers the "creepy crawly" form. Sure, they could come up with another ability but that would half disguise's gimmick.

17. CharizardMen99

Blog Posts:
    Maybe they can do a something like golisopod ability mixed with wishiwashi one,after losing a certain amount of PS,the ability have effect,and the true form comes out

18. VelVoxelRaptor

Blog Posts:
    About this whole Mimikyu being an in battle form, how about it working like this? : Like Ash Greninja certain Mimikyu get this special ability and it's like an Opposite disguise. Instead of giving it a second chance and making it change into its "limp form" maybe it takes damage as normal plus it loses its stats, but it changes into a ripped Mimikyu with a black cloud around it and since this form "kills those who look at it" maybe it would OHKO the opponent. A bit OP but it would severely debuff Mimikyu. Or maybe both die and it would be like a guaranteed OHKO explosion but it only targets one Pokemon instead of adjacent

19. IncineROAR

IncineROAR Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I never thought about it, but Mimikyu can learn the move substitute. Boy that Pokemon could be used in a very annoying way.

That said, I decided that Mimikyu's true form is that of a very very ancient looking old woman. That's why Meowth was petrified.

20. Morningstar

Morningstar Memeber

Blog Posts:
    I feel like Mimikyu's more likely to get a Z move where it reveals the "true" form as opposed to any type of ability

Defiant, lavandula, Niyuura and 2 others like this.