• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Pok%C3%A9mon_Sun_and_Moon_Planetarium_art.png

Legit Pokemon Eclipse... for the anime though.
A Pokemon special anime episode about Ash going to see a total Solar Eclipse in Alola, to be aired in Japanese planetariums.
Airs September.

May or may not leak things for us.

Pok%C3%A9mon_Sun_and_Moon_Planetarium_art.png

Legit Pokemon Eclipse... for the anime though.
A Pokemon special anime episode about Ash going to see a total Solar Eclipse in Alola, to be aired in Japanese planetariums.
Airs September.

May or may not leak things for us.
There have been these things for previous seasons too and they have been nothing, so won't hold my breath

There have been these things for previous seasons too and they have been nothing, so won't hold my breath

While that is true, to add onto what @lavandula said, here's the summary for it.

Tomorrow is a very rare day, the day of a total solar eclipse. If we miss this chance, there won't be another eclipse visible in Alola for over 300 years. Hearing of this eclipse, Ash and his pals, along with Sophocles, head to Eclipse Island which is in the center of the eclipse's path! There, they meet Fred, an "Eclipse Hunter" who travels the world to see eclipses, and they decide to watch the eclipse together with him. However, when the day arrives, the sky is filled with clouds... Ash and his pals realize that they'll be able to watch the eclipse for sure if they're above the clouds, so they head to the summit of a mountain. Meanwhile, Team Rocket have also snuck out of Bewear's nest, to catch a rare Pokémon said to appear during eclipses. Team Rocket decide to try and catch Pikachu as well, and block the way of Ash and his pals as they try to hurry to the summit! While everyone is busy, the eclipse has already started! Will Ash and his pals be able to watch the eclipse?!

With your Full-Force, don't miss it! The "Moment of Wonder" performed by the Sun and Moon

What's interesting is this part

Meanwhile, Team Rocket have also snuck out of Bewear's nest, to catch a rare Pokémon said to appear during eclipses.

Have any Pokemon been said to appear during eclipses?

EDIT: Though either way, it's best not to get our hopes up. Said Pokemon could actually be revealed tomorrow, or it could very well be a Pokemon we already know about.

While that is true, to add onto what @lavandula said, here's the summary for it.

What's interesting is this part

Have any Pokemon been said to appear during eclipses?

EDIT: Though either way, it's best not to get our hopes up. Said Pokemon could actually be revealed tomorrow, or it could very well be a Pokemon we already know about.
Interesting, I'm not sure any specific pokemon has an eclipse lore, but it could well be some form of troll like "we were told it'd be a rare pokemon but it's just a ...xxxx" .. or it could indeed be a pokemon we know that isn't explicitly with an eclipse lore but still appears for the ep.. we will see I guess

Wellp, this just in folks. It has now been officially confirmed that somebody other than Masuda/Ohmori is directing USUM.
GameInformer did an AMA on reddit and among the questions about USUM, they said they talked with the director of USUM and will post a video showing/talking about some small new feature of the games tomorrow

https://i.********/vp/1503003040219.jpg

P.S. They also said "another new director is tackling Ultra (sun and ultra moon)".. but they also refer to Ohmori as a relatively new director so it can still be Unno

Last edited by a moderator:
Wellp, this just in folks. It has now been officially confirmed that somebody other than Masuda/Ohmori is directing USUM.
GameInformer did an AMA on reddit and among the questions about USUM, they said they talked with the director of USUM and will post a video showing/talking about some small new feature of the games tomorrow

https://i.********/vp/1503003040219.jpg

P.S. They also said "another new director is tackling Ultra (sun and ultra moon)".. but they also refer to Ohmori as a relatively new director so it can still be Unno

I wonder if it's the same thing that'll be featured at Worlds, since the days seem to line up. Though Ben Hanson called it "one specific new feature," and Worlds usually reveals new forms, from what I can remember.

Edit: I skimmed through some more questions and answers in the AMA and they seemed to imply that it wasn't anything too major, saying not to get our hopes up that far. It's probably a little fun but unrewarding feature like PokeFinder or an upgraded Festival Plaza/Join Avenue thing.

Also, for anyone who's interested, the AMA is here.

I'd be willing to bet the new feature will just be walking Pokemon. It's really a long time coming and with all the hints/stuff hacked out of SM it seems like it's coming. It's also a big enough reveal to warrant it being shown at worlds, but not so big that they have to elaborate on the rest of the game. So in the end it would be more non info for us lol Sure we'd get that, but it's not like we'd have any actual info on the games themselves. Which seems to be their MO for now lol

From what I read, they said that the future was shown in the teaser.

Dude if they bring back walking/following Pokemon for USUM, that would be awesome. I love that feature.

I mean even if tomorrows thing isn't walking Pokemon I'm sure it'll come back in some form. We have those walking Pokemon models in SM's code so I doubt they'd put all the work into making them if they weren't going to use them. I'm sure it's coming in some form or another lol

I wonder if it's the same thing that'll be featured at Worlds, since the days seem to line up. Though Ben Hanson called it "one specific new feature," and Worlds usually reveals new forms, from what I can remember.

Edit: I skimmed through some more questions and answers in the AMA and they seemed to imply that it wasn't anything too major, saying not to get our hopes up that far. It's probably a little fun but unrewarding feature like PokeFinder or an upgraded Festival Plaza/Join Avenue thing.

Also, for anyone who's interested, the AMA is here.
The way worlds has worked so far, I don't it will be the same thing, but maybe gamescom will have something similar, if it has anything at all

I'd be willing to bet the new feature will just be walking Pokemon. It's really a long time coming and with all the hints/stuff hacked out of SM it seems like it's coming. It's also a big enough reveal to warrant it being shown at worlds, but not so big that they have to elaborate on the rest of the game. So in the end it would be more non info for us lol Sure we'd get that, but it's not like we'd have any actual info on the games themselves. Which seems to be their MO for now lol
I don't think it will be that because that's not a small feature at all. In people's eyes, that's pretty big of a feature, only things bigger would be some new gimmick evolution or whatnot

From what I read, they said that the future was shown in the teaser.
Where did you read that? I tried looking for every post about USUM and the only thing I saw was that they called it a "small new feature" and told people to not have unrealistic expectations
Dude if they bring back walking/following Pokemon for USUM, that would be awesome. I love that feature.
Would be awesome but it's unlikely because the way GF operates right now, the 3ds is not gonna handle the walking pokemon.. maybe if they decide to stop having 10k polygon models when they don't need them, the game will run better
I mean even if tomorrows thing isn't walking Pokemon I'm sure it'll come back in some form. We have those walking Pokemon models in SM's code so I doubt they'd put all the work into making them if they weren't going to use them. I'm sure it's coming in some form or another lol
I think the said models were used for ga ole or something, and well, it's still possible we somehow see them in USUM, but I'd place bets on switch pokemon if anything

EDIT: This surfaced on 4chan. The person claims they saw it on Youko, and the video now went private
https://i.********/vp/1503041448900s.jpg
I don't know what that's meant to be , but the building looks more colorful than anything that we've seen in SM (unless I'm forgetting something).. I see a star on it or something
As for the city, kind of resembles HeaHea but not sure

Last edited:
The way worlds has worked so far, I don't it will be the same thing, but maybe gamescom will have something similar, if it has anything at all

I don't think it will be that because that's not a small feature at all. In people's eyes, that's pretty big of a feature, only things bigger would be some new gimmick evolution or whatnot

Where did you read that? I tried looking for every post about USUM and the only thing I saw was that they called it a "small new feature" and told people to not have unrealistic expectations

Would be awesome but it's unlikely because the way GF operates right now, the 3ds is not gonna handle the walking pokemon.. maybe if they decide to stop having 10k polygon models when they don't need them, the game will run better

I think the said models were used for ga ole or something, and well, it's still possible we somehow see them in USUM, but I'd place bets on switch pokemon if anything

EDIT: This surfaced on 4chan. The person claims they saw it on Youko, and the video now went private
https://i.********/vp/1503041448900s.jpg
I don't know what that's meant to be , but the building looks more colorful than anything that we've seen in SM (unless I'm forgetting something).. I see a star on it or something
As for the city, kind of resembles HeaHea but not sure
Camera angle and random building next door makes it 99% likely that its HauOli City not HeaHea. If it werq on Akala, then that would be a Pokemon Center.

Whats really interesting is that the video is overlayed on the Regipn Map, which suggests we might even get the updated region map. That in itself is pretty huge, as the region map usually comes along or after protag art full disclosure of the box legends and their box art. Dont want to create false hype, but we just be getting the first big update outta nowhere today...

Camera angle and random building next door makes it 99% likely that its HauOli City not HeaHea. If it werq on Akala, then that would be a Pokemon Center.
Well, we don't really know how Alola changed, now, do we?
But yeah, looking at it again, I guess it is HauOli. Apparently it was on BulbaNews twitter and people claim the title translates to USUM video 0818 , supposedly meaning we are getting it today...lets see I guess

We are getting either 3 or 2 different things, or we are getting the same thing from 3 different sources
(Worlds, this video, GameInformer might show the same thing or some of these sources might show the same thing, or all may show different things).
Here's hoping.

Well,that space is the one where the machop thing from RBY was...Mmmm...

Gym?
Does not look like a gym at all, it has some random menu-like sign which alludes to it being a shop/restaurant of some sort? Maybe even a cinema... It does seem to be the empty lot in HauOli, but it may not be something significant as a building. Even so, I suppose that is a good sign, at least it means the lots aren't empty anymore?

someone on 4chan had this idea...

"Looks like the Hau Plu city empty lot but that aint a gym. Looks like a theater. Fucking empty lots aret gyms, but really an old feature from the past games!
Cinema=Pokestar
Training Dojo=Pokeathlon
Music Hall=Pokemon Musicals
Content Hall for contests
Battle Hall=Battle Frontier
World Tournament Building
And a final new Alola sidequest."

It will be nice for sure...But we will not get something like this sadly,anyway...

Let's wait to see if today the trailer will come,atleast it's something,and with gameinformer revealing something new tomorrow AND with worlds...

For sure something is coming

Does not look like a gym at all, it has some random menu-like sign which alludes to it being a shop/restaurant of some sort? Maybe even a cinema... It does seem to be the empty lot in HauOli, but it may not be something significant as a building. Even so, I suppose that is a good sign, at least it means the lots aren't empty anymore?
The empty lots not being empty means its a new gameplay thing. If its gyms or a new sidequest has yet to be seen, but I think its a sidequest. Between a cinema and a restaurant, I want it to be a cookig sidequest a LOT, its my dream for the last two gens.
someone on 4chan had this idea...

"Looks like the Hau Plu city empty lot but that aint a gym. Looks like a theater. Fucking empty lots aret gyms, but really an old feature from the past games!
Cinema=Pokestar
Training Dojo=Pokeathlon
Music Hall=Pokemon Musicals
Content Hall for contests
Battle Hall=Battle Frontier
World Tournament Building
And a final new Alola sidequest."

It will be nice for sure...But we will not get something like this sadly,anyway...

Let's wait to see if today the trailer will come,atleast it's something,and with gameinformer revealing something new tomorrow AND with worlds...

For sure something is coming
Thats actually me.
I now post all my silly ideas and unproductive commenta over there these days.

The empty lots not being empty means its a new gameplay thing. If its gyms or a new sidequest has yet to be seen, but I think its a sidequest. Between a cinema and a restaurant, I want it to be a cookig sidequest a LOT, its my dream for the last two gens.

Thats actually me.
I now post all my silly ideas and unproductive commenta over there these days.
Oh boy, but that's a toxic place to post good ideas on. People there seem to attack others for nothing moreso than actually discuss things like civilized humans.

I mean it would be lovely if it were the case, but that many facilities in one game? Unless they are gimped to oblivion, I think it's gonna remain just a dream. At least we can say we finally have some hope back :eek:

Back
Top Bottom