• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

At the end of the actual thread, someone's asks what USUM stands for and another user answers "Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon" on March 28th. So that's also suspicious, got me wondering if the names were really that predictable. Everyone was using the words 'Stars' and 'Eclipse' it's hard to imagine multiple people guessing 'Ultra' instead o_O

Even though it seems more like a wishlist, the correct initials indeed are suspicious so I'll go add it to the OP anyway, just in case.

To be fair, the mascots are related to the group of pokemon dubbed "Ultra Beasts", it is possible that someone who is oblivious to the Stars rumors (or realized that is was claimed to be a code name or flat out didn't believe it) might had noticed the possibility of the names being Ultra Sun/Moon simply because of the Ultra Beasts (and that they dropped the "version" from their titles so Sun Version 2 and Moon Version 2 is already out of the question) .

well, unless an actual link can be provided to the original "wishlist" post, it could also be a fake screenshot. a 4chan layout isn't exactly hard to replicate.

but to be fair, "ultra" isn't that outlandish of a guess to begin with, as people have said here.

Dosen't it seem strange that before no one could guess their titles, and now every surfacing leaked and their mother predicted Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

It does seem strange, but again, that doesn't mean everything is true. A third Switch version might be nothing more than a scrapped idea.

Well, expecting the worst most probable(no Switch game till end 2018-19) and hoping for the best (the rumour is somehow true)

Well, expecting the worst most probable(no Switch game till end 2018-19) and hoping for the best (the rumour is somehow true)
I'm sorry, but do you really want a fifth Alola version? I know that you don't have a 3DS, but you could always get a regular 2DS for just $60.

I can't see it taking very long for TPC to show Hau and if he does in fact have a different outfit and is in fact a rival more in line with Blue then we may have a winner. If he's not like that then it will become very clear that this is not a real leak and that they possibly got lucky with the letters USUM. We just have to wait and see I suppose.

I may be wrong but the way I interpreted "and pull a Blue if you know what I mean" is that Hau will be the champion this time around.

Hau getting a redesigned is not something that no one could expect, since Barry got a redesign in Platinum, and so on.
I think tho, that Hau will still be the loveable friend he is in Sun and Moon but the Blue part just means he got ahead of you in USUM and became the champion first. And I dont think will be revealed at all before the games come out which will be hard to fact check this leak in this bulletpoint.

I'm sorry, but do you really want a fifth Alola version? I know that you don't have a 3DS, but you could always get a regular 2DS for just $60.

I don't particularly need an Alola game, it could be anything: Kanto/Johto or Sinnoh, or an entirely new generation,

So would the titles (not the games themselves, anyone can predict we're getting more pokemon games :p) be considered black swan events?

Found the link to the original USUM post.
(Thanks to GameOnion on Twitter)

/vp/ - Pokémon » Thread #32189824
>New pokes, new alola forms, new UBs
>more baddies from old versions return, especially RR because Giovanni is dad af
>Lusamine takes a chill pill
>A better battle facility like PWT or battle factory because thats how you make it a 10 for core gamers
>more Z-moves and new forms for Necrozma because clearly its that dude's
>Cut that camera BS (pretty sure they won't ;()
>to be released on 3DS because stupid GF cannot handle ns not in 3 years
>Hau to have better clothing and pull a Blue if you know what I mean
>aaaaaaaaaaaaand this totally isnt any sort of leaks and don't screen cap let's wait for the game to be announced ;(

He said he wasn't leaking, but he potentially could be leaking.
He posted this on March 29 , but his username is USUM.

Last edited:
That last sentence is tongue in cheek. I think it's a leak, but it barely reveals anything.

A better facility like PWT? Probably just an expanded Battle Tree, which could include Giovanni and maybe some other villains.

New Pokemon... No. That could just be a way to throw us off.

At the end of the actual thread, someone's asks what USUM stands for and another user answers "Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon" on March 28th. So that's also suspicious, got me wondering if the names were really that predictable. Everyone was using the words 'Stars' and 'Eclipse' it's hard to imagine multiple people guessing 'Ultra' instead o_O

Even though it seems more like a wishlist, the correct initials indeed are suspicious so I'll go add it to the OP anyway, just in case.

Oh wow I didn't even see that. Well then that MAY give more credence to the leaker. We shall just have to see.
I may be wrong but the way I interpreted "and pull a Blue if you know what I mean" is that Hau will be the champion this time around.

Hau getting a redesigned is not something that no one could expect, since Barry got a redesign in Platinum, and so on.
I think tho, that Hau will still be the loveable friend he is in Sun and Moon but the Blue part just means he got ahead of you in USUM and became the champion first. And I dont think will be revealed at all before the games come out which will be hard to fact check this leak in this bulletpoint.

I meant maybe he becomes a little less nice. Hau has always been the opposite of what ever other rival has been before him. While we've in recent games had nice rivals they've always been jetting ahead of the player. The idea that he would be that much further than the player wouldn't exactly make him necessarily Blue like. I will agree that he could very well be the champion, but I think the most blue thing you could be in addition to a new design is to be a jerk rival. Otherwise the connection between his design would be irrelevant to him being more like Blue. Either way we could both be right tho lol

Last edited:
I meant maybe he becomes a little less nice. Hau has always been the opposite of what ever other rival has been before him. While we've in recent games had nice rivals they've always been jetting ahead of the player. The idea that he would be that much further than the player wouldn't exactly make him necessarily Blue like. I will agree that he could very well be the champion, but I think the most blue thing you could be in addition to a new design is to be a jerk rival. Otherwise the connection between his design would be irrelevant to him being more like Blue. Either way we could both be right tho lol
That is true, but i just cannot imagine any reason for Hau to turn jerk-ish. I still think it means he is just the champion but if what you said turns out to be true it would make for an interesting turn of events! And might be a focal point of the story.

Yeah, but ORAS wasn't billed as an alternate telling of RS. Even if USUM turn out to be the same general story of SM they could still change some characters to act relatively different from how they do in SM. Hau being a jerk wouldn't have much impact on the over all story. They could still make him strive to fight the bad guys while at the same time not be as nice to the player has he is in the original games.

Back
Top Bottom