• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

@PkmnTrainerV can you find some cheap 2DS to buy? A Pokémon Game on the Switch may not come until.2019. If Gen VIII comes out next year, it would be rushed as Hell (worse than XY).

Well, I'll be only allowed one console due to reasons, so it sort of rules out any console of the 3DS family (I cannot stand pre Gen VI graphics)

These are things I can see being very true.
-1 Year later Alola, which means the gyms are built. Story could be the sameish, as in Rainbow Group could be a countermeasure to the advanced plot of Aether. What I mean is, without the PC and Lillie being there, maybe cosmog is recaptured, and Necrozma is needed for the plot.
-The reflection thing makes total sense and even if the leak is fake its totally whats going on. Both are translucent, and Necrozma is a giant prism monster. The various stones around the legendaries are like a projector, creating the illusion of the emmisaries. Perhaps necrozma is met super early in ten karat hill and the projection is used as a sort of mentor to forward the plot.

A new leak here
Maybe we can call it Chinese leak again, which is from the same forum of riddler, from another guy.

The guy said he had played the full game.
He hinted two key words, U and Rainbow, before the USUM trailer was released.
1.The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo.
2.League was built and the Champion is a mysterious guy.
3.There is a group of people called Rainbow, which is a renewed version of an old organization with some old characters.
4. Lillie will surprise you a lot.
The leak contains several floors.
The floor which contains the key information was deleted by BM very soon.
I didn't see the key floor.
Someone did some guess from the leak.
Rainbow group includes Red and Green.
Rainbow means the light(Faller) reflected by the prism(Necrozma).
Champion is Lillie or Gladion.
The pokemon on the cover of USUM are not Solgaleo and Lunala. They are only the projection of these two by Necrozma.

-The 1 year later thing sounds the most interesting of that leak, like Mitchman said it still could be the sameish story, but placing it a while after what were the initial events could lend to at least some unique storytelling then the usual.
-If I were to guess, the Champion will probably be someone we already know such as with Wallace and Iris, could be your guesses of course or it could be some of the challengers such as Ryuki or the Youngster.
-So Rainbow is a new version of a previous organization, do they mean another villainous one? Or just one in general? If it's the former, TR is really the only ones that could be it as the rest either changed their ways, are lost in dimensional space, went crazy, or are buried for eternity. If the latter, it probably will involve some of the previous heroic characters such as Red or Blue, maybe it could also involve some of the other cameos like Colress and Grimsley.
-If they intend to surprise us, hopefully they do a good job continuing off of the ideas they had with her in SM and hopefully they won't go too far and take away what made her character appealing to many in the first place.

A new leak here
Maybe we can call it Chinese leak again, which is from the same forum of riddler, from another guy.

1.The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo.
3.There is a group of people called Rainbow, which is a renewed version of an old organization with some old characters.

Can you give me the date on which this info was leaked? So I can add it to the OP :)

A new leak here

The pokemon on the cover of USUM are not Solgaleo and Lunala. They are only the projection of these two by Necrozma.

I have to admit that when I first heard about USUM I was a bit saddened by it. The idea that they'd go back to the old 3rd version style of games is boring to me and I really would prefer to play a game with a new story. This however is very interesting. If USUM are like this then that may change my mind. Of course we won't know if this leak is real until we get more info, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised. It could be great lol

A new leak here

Kind of make sense considering rainbow is just light diffract by a prism and it's sweet to compare it to parallel worlds. They all start at the same source but was split out by some events.

I didn't see the thread for the USUM Chinese leaks.
Do you have any screenshots?
But if it has got something right before, it may be an accurate leak.

-The 1 year later thing sounds the most interesting of that leak, like Mitchman said it still could be the sameish story, but placing it a while after what were the initial events could lend to at least some unique storytelling then the usual.
-If I were to guess, the Champion will probably be someone we already know such as with Wallace and Iris, could be your guesses of course or it could be some of the challengers such as Ryuki or the Youngster.
-So Rainbow is a new version of a previous organization, do they mean another villainous one? Or just one in general? If it's the former, TR is really the only ones that could be it as the rest either changed their ways, are lost in dimensional space, went crazy, or are buried for eternity. If the latter, it probably will involve some of the previous heroic characters such as Red or Blue, maybe it could also involve some of the other cameos like Colress and Grimsley.
-If they intend to surprise us, hopefully they do a good job continuing off of the ideas they had with her in SM and hopefully they won't go too far and take away what made her character appealing to many in the first place.

Interesting with the last bit, with Solgaleo and Lunala not being the actual Pokémon in question, but rather are projections made of energy and made solidified. I know its a rumor still, but its interesting none the less, seeing as its been a common idea and possibility shared by many.

If so, then I guess Necrozma's appearance could either be called:

1. Necrozma Sol or Solgaleo Forme.
2. Necrozma Luna or Lunala Forme.

Another option is that the Aether Foundation replicated Necrozma's armor and placed it on Solgaleo and Lunala.

A new leak here

This would be really cool if true. Especially moving to Alola a year later than in Sun/Moon. There are so many changes they can make just from that :D

A new leak here

This seem to be plausible, but leaks are leaks until we get more info and proven real or fake.

A new leak here

I think it's clever. I can imagine Necrozma transforming to Necro-Solgaleo or Necro-Lunala since these forms look like some light or shade, with the necrozma features looking more solid. It's not that farfetch'd.

I don't see the point of moving to Alola a year later in an alternate universe... when we could just play as a new character in a sequel.

Maybe it's their way of doing an interquel that is not quite the same as either a third version or a sequel, but in that case, it's still a needlessly complex regression from the latter. I don't see how that is interesting or intuitive to kids, who are clearly the main audience of these games judging from the trailer.

It reminds me of "ORAS might be placed later in the timeline than RSE", which always struck me as a redundant.

Last edited:
I am still baffled that I suggested all those things from this leak 2 days ago, without even knowing about the leak's existence.

(I am angry that I deleted my original post where I predicted those points, thinking that maybe they were too far fetched, and now a leak makes them likely to be true xD)

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised about these leaks being real, tbh the Necrozma+Solgaleo/Lunala thing seems pretty interesting tho

Back
Top Bottom