• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Maybe it's their way of doing an interquel that is not quite the same as either a third version or a sequel, but in that case, it's still a needlessly complex regression from the latter. I don't see how that is interesting or intuitive to kids, who are clearly the main audience of these games judging from the trailer.
I think it's the fact that one small insignificant detail could end up making a larger impact than we think. I believe the term "For Want of a Nail" applies here (I'll also add the TVTropes link here if you want some specific examples of this). I also think that the change would actually be meant to entice the "periphery demographic" (a.k.a. the older fans who grew up with third versions, but isn't advertised as their main audience). Plus, kids are smarter than most people think. Some of them might actually be interested in such a premise.

A new Golden Sun game??? Please be real! :D :D :D

I wish, but that alone is enough to make me throw this leak aside just because Golden Sun is sadly a very dead franchise. They couldn't even give Isaac his AT in Super Smash Bros. 4. It was very sad.

Aside from that, any mention of a Pokemon mainline game coming to the Switch is also nonsense, if you ask me. Why in the world would Gamefreak have that Direct teasing us about Pokemon coming to the Switch only to announce a port of a Wii U game (Pokken) if they actually had a NEW game from the mainline series up their sleeve?

Just stop and think for even five seconds false leakers, and you might actually get people to believe you. The above leak is obviously just a false leak with what the fans want to hear (new Metroid, Golden Sun, Pokemon mainline game for the Switch.). The actual E3 conference will not be like that. I guarantee it.

Why would it even feature Marshadow? The dude's a brand new Mythical that's going to be given out to tie in with the movie. I don't buy it.

Aside from that, any mention of a Pokemon mainline game coming to the Switch is also nonsense, if you ask me. Why in the world would Gamefreak have that Direct teasing us about Pokemon coming to the Switch only to announce a port of a Wii U game (Pokken) if they actually had a NEW game from the mainline series up their sleeve?

There's also the fact that the Switch isn't released in Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan, and China. And apparently it doesn't even support Chinese or Korean.

So do people thought in false information to obfuscate the actual leaks or are there people who really think that the latest Mythical Pokemon is gonna be catcheable in USUM?

How would Famitsu know when its releasing? Its in development not even Game Freak knows when its going to be released.

Because Nintendo actually says it will be RELEASED from next year.
お届けできるのは来年以降。

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/874666546173419520

And last time I checked, Shigeru Ohmori retweeted this.

What does that Japanese mean tho? does it explicitly say this or is it more of a general sentence that could be take either way? I'm not so sure I believe the game will come out next year. I honestly can't say I care bout gen 7 being too short. I loved Alola, but I think it did what it needed to do and we can move on. That said I don't think the Switch game will be a 2018 release. Ishihara himself in the Spotlight says the game will still be possibly years away from release. To me that means it won't be out until 2019 at the very earliest. (Tho I can't see it being later than that either.)

Back
Top Bottom