• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

A machine translation gives "from next year", so it seems like "next year at the earliest".

I really doubt that only Japanese sources would be treating 2018 as confirmed.

Ishihara himself in the Spotlight says the game will still be possibly years away from release.
He said "may take more than a year." November 2018 would indeed be more than a year from now.

Again tho a general time frame of multiple year ends to make it seem like it won't be out for some time. If it was next year they would have just said so. Or would have used word that made it seem like it was coming sooner rather than later.

Might not be Gen 8, could possibly be an Orre Game.
The video said that the Switch Pokémon game is going to be a core main series game. So it can't be a spinoff game like Orre but it could be Gen VIII, or a remake or sequel, but I have a feeling it will be Gen VIII since whenever Game Freak makes a main game for a new console, they usually start off with a new generation.

It definitely won't be a game other than the main series. They specifically stated it was a GF game so in no way will it NOT be a main series game. It won't be a coliseum game, it won't be and XD game, it won't be anything other than the typical paired games we get from GF. That said it's likely gen 8 which is pretty interesting to say the least.

Did anyone say that the game is set a year after the original? My friend says that this is from a leak but I don't believe him.

Did anyone say that the game is set a year after the original? My friend says that this is from a leak but I don't believe him.

Yep, someone on a Chinese forum posted the following:
He hinted two key words, U and Rainbow, before the USUM trailer was released.
1.The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo.
2.League was built and the Champion is a mysterious guy.
3.There is a group of people called Rainbow, which is a renewed version of an old organization with some old characters.
4. Lillie will surprise you a lot.

Though it's not confirmed to be an actual leak yet, just someone claiming they're leaking which often turns out to be false too :p

Thanks Soki <3 Hmmm... If it's one year later it would be a sequel and if it is indeed a sequel wouldn't they say that already instead of calling it an alternate timeline?

Thanks Soki <3 Hmmm... If it's one year later it would be a sequel and if it is indeed a sequel wouldn't they say that already instead of calling it an alternate timeline?
Well according to the leak it is an alternate timeline in which you come to Alola a year late and you were not present during the events of sun and moon

Interesting.. So the events in SM has already happened... Maybe Hau starts on his journey first with Lillie? That would be a better way to make him a tougher rival as opposed to changing his personality completely as some people suggested.

Coro coro text says "Looks like Solgaleo..." "Looks like Lunala. It's a mystery".
So there's a possibility of those being Necrozma forms instead? In that case, those unnatural designs really characterize Necrozma as a try-hard/wannabe emissary. If this really is Necrozma, this just reeks of "notice me senpai"...

And I love it!

So there's a possibility of those being Necrozma forms instead? In that case, those unnatural designs really characterize Necrozma as a try-hard/wannabe emissary. If this really is Necrozma, this just reeks of "notice me senpai"...

And I love it!

Joe stated they made similar statements about Mega Mewtwo Y and Primal Groudon/Kyogre, so it could very well be Solgaleo/Lunala still.

Back
Top Bottom