• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Well according to the leak it is an alternate timeline in which you come to Alola a year late and you were not present during the events of sun and moon

That's interesting, as we'll potentially see how Sun/Moon would of played out without the player's intervention.

2018 would be too soon for Generation VIII.

Not really. Yes, it would mean Gen VII is very short, but I don't think Ninty or GF care about that too much. I think they care more for getting Pokemon safely and strongly onto the Switch so they further cement it as a console worth having.

I'd be surprised to see Nintendo waiting beyond 2018 for Pokemon on Switch like they did on the 3DS.

Not really. Yes, it would mean Gen VII is very short, but I don't think Ninty or GF care about that too much. I think they care more for getting Pokemon safely and strongly onto the Switch so they further cement it as a console worth having.

I'd be surprised to see Nintendo waiting beyond 2018 for Pokemon on Switch like they did on the 3DS.

Sorry but i think ill disagree with you here. Logically speaking it would be super irrational for game freak to abandon gen vii this early in a business standpoint:

• Switch has not been out to the public as much as 3ds are meaning less player will have to buy the new game because they dont have/cant afford the console yet. Plus with the production issue of switch it will be bad to market a game this early or for another year
  • Leaving gen vii early means less marketing and merchandise for gen vii and another set of marketing and production cost for gen viii. You see GF has this thing that they have to milk the cow to the fullest before moving on to the next one and with only 2 years of gen vii i dont think they will regain they production cost that fast
  • Moving to gen viii lessen the value of the gen vii games and meaning less sales i think they will definitely will wait for their target sales before moving on to gen viii
I guess early 2019 for gen vii will be the soonest we will get and hopefully 2018 will have DP remake or something maybe a break i dont know?

Sorry but i think ill disagree with you here. Logically speaking it would be super irrational for game freak to abandon gen vii this early in a business standpoint:

• Switch has not been out to the public as much as 3ds are meaning less player will have to buy the new game because they dont have/cant afford the console yet. Plus with the production issue of switch it will be bad to market a game this early or for another year
  • Leaving gen vii early means less marketing and merchandise for gen vii and another set of marketing and production cost for gen viii. You see GF has this thing that they have to milk the cow to the fullest before moving on to the next one and with only 2 years of gen vii i dont think they will regain they production cost that fast
  • Moving to gen viii lessen the value of the gen vii games and meaning less sales i think they will definitely will wait for their target sales before moving on to gen viii
I guess early 2019 for gen vii will be the soonest we will get and hopefully 2018 will have DP remake or something maybe a break i dont know?

It's not abandoning if it was never meant to last any longer. It's called planning.

By the time a Pokemon title comes out for Switch, it will have been out a longer and have more support, and possibly a handheld only/Mini version for younger gamers who can't afford/don't want the full home console.

Again, it's not leaving early if it was planned from the start to last this long. As for costs and marketing, it's difficult to say. That argument could be used as an excuse to remain and cash in on ANY generation, not just this one.

i mean, i think the fact that they've already announced that a core Switch game is in development and their follow-up to SM is simply a remix version indicates that they have very little left planned for Gen 7.

i mean, i think the fact that they've already announced that a core Switch game is in development and their follow-up to SM is simply a remix version indicates that they have very little left planned for Gen 7.

It seems like there's too little planned though...

Switch has not been out to the public as much as 3ds are meaning less player will have to buy the new game because they dont have/cant afford the console yet. Plus with the production issue of switch it will be bad to market a game this early or for another year

Er... they basically gave people an year or more to save up for a Switch, also a cheaper Switch that may come along easily solves this issue.

By the time this Switch game releases, way more Switchers, people who own the Switch, will have arouse. So a bigger market will equal more profit. This is what I speculated would happen minus the break year for 2017 of course. :p

Ultra Leaker Leak (June 7th):
  • The New forms are Ultra Solgaleo and Ultra Lunala.
  • Ultra Solgaleo is Psychic/Fire, has ability Ultra Body, Like Contrary but Positive Stat Boosts are still positive, but negative is flipped.
  • Ultra Lunala is Psychic/Dark, Ultra Shield, Works like Shadow Shield but until 50% instead of if at 100%.
  • There are 6 other Ultra Forms.
  • Ultra Lycanroc Midday and Ultra Lycanroc Midnight: Midday is Rock/Fighting, and Ultrafast is it's ability, Steadfast but it cancels the flinch as well. Midnight makes it so No Guard only affects opponent.
  • Then, Ultra Starters have Ultra Overgrow, Ultra Blaze, Ultra Torrent, affects there second type.
  • Finally, Ultra Necrozma. The parts that are covered by Necrozma parts are attached to Necrozma for a crazy amalgamation that has Ultra Prism Armor, which makes all attacks due normal damage to Necrozma.
  • There are 10 trials and 5 Grand Trials, a 5th island contains 5th grand trial.
  • The last major difference is Pokemon Follow you.

I kinda hope this leak is real as I actually really like what's on it.

I'd hope the Ultra Forms for starters would eventually extend to the Starters from other regions, though.

I kinda hope this leak is real as I actually really like what's on it.

I'd hope the Ultra Forms for starters would eventually extend to the Starters from other regions, though.
Oh god no. I hope not.
I would prefer either having new Megas forms or Z-forms for the Starters.

Ultra forms for all the starters would be nice only it they don't all look like necrozma. Something that looks very cool on the legends would get old quickly if they apply it to too many others.

Last edited:
I think IF we get Ultra/Z forms for starters they'll be predominantly black with some light theme. I'd rather not have bits and pieces of Necrozma on the already overdesgined (imo) Alolan starters.

I do think that the Johto Starters should get some kind of form, and not Z Moves.

Last edited:
But this would be only after 2 years.
They wanted to release a new generation to commemorate their 20th anniversary rather than releasing a Pokemon Z, its not surprising that the generation isn't going to last long.

Besides releasing a switch game next year let's the franchise have Gen VIII for 3 years before the 25th anniversary, which I assume GF would also want to celebrate with a new generation.

Last edited:
They wanted to release a new generation to commemorate their 20th anniversary rather than releasing a Pokemon Z, its not surprising that the generation isn't going to last long.

Besides releasing a switch game next year let's the franchise have Gen VIII for 3 years before the 25th anniversary, which I assume GF would also want to celebrate with a new generation.

I was thinking that the 25th anniversary would be the time for Kanto remakes/sequels, serving as the end of Gen VIII

I was thinking that the 25th anniversary would be the time for Kanto remakes/sequels, serving as the end of Gen VIII
They're staying on the Switch for a while regardless so it either gives them the chance to open their 25th anniversary with a new generation, or a Kanto sequel in Gen VIII

A new leak here
Maybe we can call it Chinese leak again, which is from the same forum of riddler, from another guy.

The guy said he had played the full game.
He hinted two key words, U and Rainbow, before the USUM trailer was released.
1.The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo.
2.League was built and the Champion is a mysterious guy.
3.There is a group of people called Rainbow, which is a renewed version of an old organization with some old characters.
4. Lillie will surprise you a lot.
The leak contains several floors.
The floor which contains the key information was deleted by BM very soon.
I didn't see the key floor.
Someone did some guess from the leak.
Rainbow group includes Red and Green.
Rainbow means the light(Faller) reflected by the prism(Necrozma).
Champion is Lillie or Gladion.
The pokemon on the cover of USUM are not Solgaleo and Lunala. They are only the projection of these two by Necrozma.

These new Solgaleo and Lunala being projections by Necrozma could tie in to that supposed third Lycanroc form. If this reality is not being influenced by Solgaleo/Lunala but instead by Necrozma then it could also influence Rockruff to evolve into a new Lycanroc form. Bet it's also covered in Necrozma armor :ROFLMAO:

These new Solgaleo and Lunala being projections by Necrozma could tie in to that supposed third Lycanroc form. If this reality is not being influenced by Solgaleo/Lunala but instead by Necrozma then it could also influence Rockruff to evolve into a new Lycanroc form. Bet it's also covered in Necrozma armor :ROFLMAO:
I don't want my pokemon be covered by Necromza pieces. Lycanroc may have some similar form or might be Regional Variant (Which I doubt it)

I don't want my pokemon be covered by Necromza pieces. Lycanroc may have some similar form or might be Regional Variant (Which I doubt it)

Nor do I. They can just give it a Dusk/Dawn or twilight form.
I think @SirOni wants to say that lore wise, like how interaction with Solgaleo results in Midday form, interaction with Lunala results in midnight form, interaction with Necrozma will result in the new form, without Lycanroc having bits of Necrozma on it, just like how Midday or Midnight don't have bits of Solgaleo or Lunala on them.

Back
Top Bottom