• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

an italian guy(the one that did the solgaleo and lunala leak with emdy),had a GOOD theory on what stars might be...

What about if STARS was a codename for a gen8 game...set in china?

We got the misterious guy with the red dragon suit at the league and guess what...the dragon is an important mith in china,ALSO...talking about the codename...

RAINBOW was a codename for a game set in hawaii,because we all know that hawaian cars got a rainbow on their plates,and well...STARS might be a codename for a game set in china because...

China flag got 5 stars on it :p

MAYBE that guy is right...MAYBE no

There are also Stars on the Brazilian flag - there's about 200,000 Japanese-Brazilians in Japan - they speak Portuguese in Brazil - Japan had a history with the Portuguese trading and missionaries after the Shengoku Jidai so - BRAZIL REGION CONFIRMED

I think 'Stars' was just the code name of USUM. 'Rainbow' was pretty unrelated to Sun and Moon, the only similarity being that a rainbow has seven colours, and Sun and Moon are the 7th generation.

(I think Stars as the game of 8th Gen game would be possible of there was a country flag with 8 stars on it. Is there such a flag?)

7.8/10 Too much ice

After dealing with a tropical region (the second tropical region we've gotten in Pokemon mainline series so far), I don't see the problem.

Besides, it's not like Gamefreak adheres strictly to the climatology of the areas they're basing their regions on. It's not like there's a desert in the middle of New York City, but there is in Unova. lol

Personally, I'd rather see Greenland than Alaska, though.

After dealing with a tropical region (the second tropical region we've gotten in Pokemon mainline series so far), I don't see the problem.

Besides, it's not like Gamefreak adheres strictly to the climatology of the areas they're basing their regions on. It's not like there's a desert in the middle of New York City, but there is in Unova. lol

Personally, I'd rather see Greenland than Alaska, though.

I would prefer Canada.

I don't see them bothering with another US state. They pretty much stuffed the major landmarks into Unova. Obviously, Hawaii is a special case.

Last edited:
They suddenly decided to honor China due to the number of legit leaks.

Then maybe my country have a small chance too? LOL

We have a big star on our flag (Vietnam) and PokkenDX trailer was recorded at Vietnam =))
Oh cool! Some other people are claiming it's India, but I believe you more.

I'm pretty sure sure Stars was for USUM but people (disappointed by USUM not being a sequel maybe?) are trying to give themselves (false) hope that Stars is something more.

It could be Gen8, but it is 92% likely to be about USUM. Stars is more likely about space rather than flags.

It doesn't matter if Stars is actually a placeholder for a Switch game not set in Alola, since we know that such a game is in development, anyway.

Now, if the first Switch game is actually set in Alola... Game Freak have lost their marbles.

Last edited:
I don't see them bothering with another US state. They pretty much stuffed the major landmarks into Unova. Obviously, Hawaii is a special case.

I could see them doing another US state (I mean, there's 48 more to choose from, and Japan had 4 regions on its own) for a new generation. Alaska would be the other extreme, opposite Hawaii. Though I doubt they would do it consecutively into Gen VIII. Maybe IX. Not that I desire more American regions--I would rather visit somewhere around Norway, Finland, and Sweden for a colder region.

Also, in continuation of my post about stars on flags, there's over a dozen US state flags with them, in addition to the many countries with stars on their flags. Texas contains America's most famous base for space exploration. "Houston, we have a problem." And they are known as the lone star state.

But again, this is more for inclusion than anything. There are so many states and countries with stars on their flags that it doesn't help one bit to narrow it down.

@SamurottMan Nobody is saying this because they're hoping for Stars to be real or something. We already have full confirmation that Pokémon is being developed for the Switch. The code name could be chicken nuggets for all anyone cares. The chance that the Switch game's code name is Stars merely shines light on the possibilities of its form and region of origin. SM was project Rainbow, which directly correlated with the region being based on Hawaii. Unfortunately, the name Stars is not nearly as convenient or specific.

The fact that the trailer was recorded in Vietnam speaks volumes, however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom