• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I just think that Canada, Greenland and the countries you listed are more interesting choices for a cold region. I don't see Game Freak visiting Alaska, either...

I just think that Canada, Greenland and the countries you listed are more interesting choices for a cold region. I don't see Game Freak visiting Alaska, either...

What would you pick?

I think 'Stars' was just the code name of USUM. 'Rainbow' was pretty unrelated to Sun and Moon, the only similarity being that a rainbow has seven colours, and Sun and Moon are the 7th generation.

(I think Stars as the game of 8th Gen game would be possible of there was a country flag with 8 stars on it. Is there such a flag?)

Actually Isn't Hawaii called the "Rainbow State"?

And Rainbows, and related topics such as colors, the Light spectrum and the number 7 has been referenced in Alola and the games.

• Minior: the big one apart form necrozma. The pokemon comes in 8 colors (ones a shiny) that nominally correspond to the ROY G BIV mnemonic and visually to the theory that Cyan was supposed to be the 7th color instead of Indigo (that might had been an accident).
  • Necrozma: Based ona prism, which refracts light into the 7 bands of color. And if the pokemon you find after catching the Ultra Beasts (7 species in total)
  • Islands: those two aside the islands have a color them of Yellow, Pink, Purple and Blue. Three of which roughly correspond to the CMY in the CMYK color scheme. Red is used interchangeably with one of those colors for Oricorio's Baile style and Tapu Bulu
  • Trials: Might be a reach but the 7 trials also seem colorful starting from Akala, with Grass, Water and Fire trials, following by Ula'Ula's Electric and Ghost trials and then the Fairy and Dragon Trials at Poni, leaving out either Orange or Red, based on the types color coding that seems pretty close to a traditional Rainbow. The Grand trials however use types that less chromatic with Fighting, Rock, Dark and Ground, using brown earth tones and black for the types color coding.
  • Light in general: related to colors because color needs light to exist. We have the Aether Foundation, pokemon associated with the Sun and Moon (which illuminate the day and night), the aforementioned Necrozma.
  • The number 7: 7 non normal-type Trials, 7 fixed battles with the Kahuna (The Grand trials, 2 E4 fights and Nanu's rematch in the UB missions. Hapu challenging the league is RNG based and isn't plot relevant), 7 story important NPCs (Lillie, Lusamine, Hau, Kukui, Gladion, Guzma and Plumera). 7 Cameo fights (Sina, Dexio, Red, Blue, Cynthea, Colress, Grimsly. You don't battle Burnett in any capacity). The aforementioned Generation 7. And possibly the number of Legendary/Mythical pokemon approaching 70 with S/M.

A combination of Sweden and Finland because I'm a Nils Holgersson fan.

That would be really nice. That would also be my first pick for a cold region. I'm not into the Alaska idea--it's just that the 8 stars seemed like it could be a coy move.

You know, Japan is bound to be dominant since the creators are from Japan. I don't think that TPCi share the same thinking about the US.

Well, obviously. I'm just saying there is precedent.

Actually Isn't Hawaii called the "Rainbow State"?

And Rainbows, and related topics such as colors, the Light spectrum and the number 7 has been referenced in Alola and the games.

• Minior: the big one apart form necrozma. The pokemon comes in 8 colors (ones a shiny) that nominally correspond to the ROY G BIV mnemonic and visually to the theory that Cyan was supposed to be the 7th color instead of Indigo (that might had been an accident).
  • Necrozma: Based ona prism, which refracts light into the 7 bands of color. And if the pokemon you find after catching the Ultra Beasts (7 species in total)
  • Islands: those two aside the islands have a color them of Yellow, Pink, Purple and Blue. Three of which roughly correspond to the CMY in the CMYK color scheme. Red is used interchangeably with one of those colors for Oricorio's Baile style and Tapu Bulu
  • Trials: Might be a reach but the 7 trials also seem colorful starting from Akala, with Grass, Water and Fire trials, following by Ula'Ula's Electric and Ghost trials and then the Fairy and Dragon Trials at Poni, leaving out either Orange or Red, based on the types color coding that seems pretty close to a traditional Rainbow. The Grand trials however use types that less chromatic with Fighting, Rock, Dark and Ground, using brown earth tones and black for the types color coding.
  • Light in general: related to colors because color needs light to exist. We have the Aether Foundation, pokemon associated with the Sun and Moon (which illuminate the day and night), the aforementioned Necrozma.
  • The number 7: 7 non normal-type Trials, 7 fixed battles with the Kahuna (The Grand trials, 2 E4 fights and Nanu's rematch in the UB missions. Hapu challenging the league is RNG based and isn't plot relevant), 7 story important NPCs (Lillie, Lusamine, Hau, Kukui, Gladion, Guzma and Plumera). 7 Cameo fights (Sina, Dexio, Red, Blue, Cynthea, Colress, Grimsly. You don't battle Burnett in any capacity). The aforementioned Generation 7. And possibly the number of Legendary/Mythical pokemon approaching 70 with S/M.

Those are some great observations! From the Eurogamer report, I'm almost convinced that 'Stars' was Ultra Sun/Moon's codename. They maybe got the systems mixed up, since there was definitely a Switch game in the works at the time (XY was developed alongside BW2, so it'd make sense that the new games are being developed alongside USM).

Those are some great observations! From the Eurogamer report, I'm almost convinced that 'Stars' was Ultra Sun/Moon's codename. They maybe got the systems mixed up, since there was definitely a Switch game in the works at the time (XY was developed alongside BW2, so it'd make sense that the new games are being developed alongside USM).
Except Eurogamer said that Stars was in development alongside SM...

I think Game Freak just considered the idea of a cross-platform release for USUM. Or actually, a few Nintendo guys wanted to gauge interest in a Switch Pokemon game, so they made up the Stars story and Eurogamer took the bait.

One of Hawaii's nicknames is the Rainbow State. It's one of the reasons we managed to guess we were going to Hawaii before the region was revealed. (Rainbows on the concept art license plates was another.)

I forgot to ask. regarding the 7 thing I brought up earlier. Doesn't Guzzlord or Necrozma start at 70?

Except Eurogamer said that Stars was in development alongside SM...

I think Game Freak just considered the idea of a cross-platform release for USUM. Or actually, a few Nintendo guys wanted to gauge interest in a Switch Pokemon game, so they made up the Stars story and Eurogamer took the bait.
I've seen some youtubers suggest that maybe GameFreak ported SuMo to Switch as a way to test their engine on the Switch, and maybe someone saw that and assumed that it was for release.

Tbh, I think Pokemon main series game on Switch is a little soon, 2018 is likely, but I doubt it'll be Gen VIII so soon. The codename "Stars" was for UltraSun/UltraMoon, but it was exclusively to Switch, not for 3ds. Though UltraSun/UltraMoon is confirmed exclusive to 3ds not for Switch. I'm not saying eurogamer are liars, I'm saying that Eurogamer took the bait to easily without knowing any info for pokemon "stars" being on switch, they did their best on supporting the source.
I think it might be in conceptual development stage. Or Nintendo wanted GF to make USUM cross platform, but they refused.
They could have done that, but GF realize that there not ready for pokemon main series on Switch.

I don't usually buy into rumors until actual info comes.

Mmm,found an interesting leak on 4chan...

/vp/ - USUM Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan
I really hope that some things from this leak will be real,a fire groud typhlosion with a volcano on his back *-*

I think that leak may be false judging by the way it is made.

Back
Top Bottom