• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I thought that this guy said what i was talking about with the cat thing,and i linked an old thread that explained this old cat thjng lmao

not a new leak
I'm still convinced this "cat thing" turned out to be Silvally in a way

Wait,really?

Then...Lillie? :v

Also,this one,even if it looks fake for some things well...the concepts are nice

/vp/ - Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Info. - Pokémon - 4chan

alolan hoppip looks bad- Also,the alternate starters final sounds nice,a sabertooth incineroar...I want it ;-; Also,he said that we are gonna get the first trailer around july 10-
This leaker has good art skills.
Not like I'm believing though.

>actual design connection between remoraid and octillery
wow i wish

in any case, z-forms are an instant fakerino to me. even "ultra forms" would be more believable

I blame Ash-Greninja for that obsession.
I guess they want a mechanic that relates to Ash-Greninja Bond Phenomenon, Though Lusamine's fusion with Nihilego in Sun/Moon might give it some sort of clue. Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Necromza, that's a hint too, but What about the Trainer twisting his Z-Crystal, some sort of Transformation similar to Megas. It's not an obesession or anything, Tbh, I'm against Pokemon and Humans fusing, like how Lusamine and Nihilego fused, that was creepy.

Wait,really?

Then...Lillie? :v

Also,this one,even if it looks fake for some things well...the concepts are nice

/vp/ - Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Info. - Pokémon - 4chan

alolan hoppip looks bad- Also,the alternate starters final sounds nice,a sabertooth incineroar...I want it ;-; Also,he said that we are gonna get the first trailer around july 10-
Some of it seems a little believable, but really Z-forms a new name for Megas, I rather have similar to Megas, nice replace them. Although it's fake anyway, 4chan sure have a habit of posting fake leaks.

>actual design connection between remoraid and octillery
wow i wish

But isn't there already a design connection in that they're both guns/projectile weapons that are also animals that stick to things?

I mean, it's more of a thematic one and a fish turning into an octopus is still weird. But this has been a thing since gen II.

But isn't there already a design connection in that they're both guns/projectile weapons that are also animals that stick to things?

I mean, it's more of a thematic one and a fish turning into an octopus is still weird. But this has been a thing since gen II.

i meant design connection as in similar colors, shapes or patterns, things that connect different evo stages together in general. that's really more of a thematic connection you pointed out, and even then i never saw it before reading about it on bulbapedia or so. remoraid doesn't look like a gun at all to me and octillery just reminded me of an octorok.

mantine would seem way more connected to remoraid to an outsider, not just because of the obvious part but because they're both blue and their tail fins at least seem kinda similar. both are pale and kinda flowy.

well,you can't breed him,also,silvally looks like some sort of...chimera?
Well yeah I'm aware but the "leaker" could've made a mistake when seeing Silvally (which has feline features, so he might have assumed he was a cat) in the creative process of coming up with that evolution line where "A pokémon that gains a type when bred" was an idea later scrapped for what Silvally actually is now.

just another so-called leak... :ROFLMAO: /vp/ - USM Insider Dump - Pokémon - 4chan

Oh my God... I really really want these ones to be true.

-you can change your Pokemon's Hidden Power type, it's no longer IV based
-you can re-nickname traded Pokemon if they reach full happiness with you
-incense is no longer a held item, but a simple option at the daycare that's always available
-"cyclical trades" which are trades that automatically trade back (for the purpose of evolving) rather than having to worry about re-trading

...but when I saw that one of the Elite 4 is a double battle? ehh... that's either a leak killer, or so crazy that no fake leaker would ever say it. Could be bluffing. idk.

Too many good ideas, with some meh ones slapped on. Idk. I think it's probably all fake. Almost definitely fake.

Last edited:
just another so-called leak... :ROFLMAO: /vp/ - USM Insider Dump - Pokémon - 4chan

Not gonna lie there are a lot of things from this that I actually like. On the other hand there are things that I don't think they'd do too (at least not half way through a gen) I honestly think they WOULD confine walking Pokemon to a single island. People have wanted walking Pokemon back so bad and it seems right up GF's alley to be like "You want it back? Ok, but you can only use it here and only for a very specific purpose. lolz" I also think that an auto sort function is possible and the idea that they could add an incense option to the daycare now as opposed to having it be based on item. That much makes sense (and some others as well). What I don't think they'd do (at least mid gen) is change Hidden Power so dramatically, I'm not sure they'll allow us to change the Pokeball our Pokemon are in, and it seems unlikely they'll make brand new random generating character models for npcs just because people don't like seeing the same trainer class more than once on screen. Those things I could see happening in a new gen, but not really mid way through one. If they were really that important enough to be add in they would have just been in SM. All that said I find everything incredibly interesting and would actually love most of what was said. The cyclical trading sounds SUPER useful and would come in handy for people that don't necessarily have someone else trustworthy to play and trade with.

Haven't Game Freak already restricted walking Pokemon to one place before in Gen IV with Amity Square.

Yeah, but that was the first time walking Pokemon was a thing. So it made sense for that to be confined as it was basically a test for HGSS's walking mons. Them confining it again after all this time would be right in their line of sight as it always seems like when the people want something they only sort of listen and give us half of what we really want. I'm sure if this leak was real then there would be a fair amount of people pretty angry about it hahahaha

1. Incense is no longer a held-item for breeding. There is an incense burner at the nursery you can light with the incense of your choosing. Incense-related breeding works related to whatever incense is lit.

2. You can now change Pokémon's Poké Balls from the PC. Some Poké Balls cannot be changed, like Master and Cherish. The old ball is recycled to your inventory and you need to already have the ball you want.

3. Hidden Power is totally different now. It's not related to IVs at all. Berries now have type-associations and can be brought to a drink counter to make a drink that changes a Pokémon's HP. HP Fairy now exists.

4. You can now rename a traded Pokémon when it's achieved max happiness.

5. You can now trade "cyclically." A cyclical trade is designed explicitly to evolve Pokémon. It allows you to evolve Pokémon without having to initiate a trade and then trade back separately.

Those all seem to be QoL changes. I don't know about you that that to me seems like a red flag for the leak being fake. The renaming is especially odd since the reasoning behind the nickname restriction is a cultural thing.

6. There is a dramatic increase in enemy trainer and NPC models. Trainer classes now have variations in outfits and physical traits. This was done specifically to avoid having two identical NPCs on screen at any one time. This was brought up based on dev feedback who complained that, while breeding, there were two identical Breeders outside. Then, upon entering the nursery, two more identical Breeders are on screen. GF took this feedback very seriously.

Actually possible...but still a bit improbably since they had been doing this for around 14 games now (yeah I know pokemon Sun And Moon changed a lot of traditions, but it still seems a bit unlikely.)

7. Double Battles are now prevalent throughout the game. More than ever before. One of the Elite 4 (which is cryptically never referred to as such, only the PKMN League), is actually a double battle.

2 problems: the first is technical, with the Lag drops on Double battles. The 2nd is that the E4 doesn't seem likely the type to do that for merely one battle. And this is assuming that there would be 3 League fights before the champion or that there would be 5 elite 4 members.

8. Also, the entire Pokémon League is different except for Hala. They are all new characters.

IIRC Kukui conceptualized Alola's League around modernizing a tradition about a Kahuna gauntlet. The problem was that Hapu wasn't a Kahuna for most of the story and was skipped over and Nanu flat out refused. And I also don't think the Tapu were so fickle of to switch up the Kahunas every few years (and I feel the only one that would be opposed would had been Bulu)

9. Championship title defense now includes trainers from all over the globe, including famous trainers from the Battle Tree.

10. There is no "Battle Frontier." There are other options at the Battle Tree though.

The most possible of the list so far, but I still have reservations about this.

11. Poké Pelago now has an island where you can walk around with a Pokémon and pose for selfies.

12. Rotom-Dex is a usable Rotom form. It remains Electric/Ghost but loses Levitate for Download.

I'll err on the side of caution and say that these are implausible for now.

13. The PC now has an auto-sort function by number, name, type, and level. You can do it across all boxes or just one box at a time.

Another QoL change, which means another "I'll believe it when it happens" thing

14. There are move tutors, but they're different from Gen VI. Pokémon with "old" Gen VI tutor moves will be banned from ranked/Battle Spot stuff and the movesets will become illegal. Not all moves, but some that were overly distributed will be pruned down drastically.

Possible, but weren't the move tutor moves consistently similar since 4?

15. Some Pokémon have had models and animations changed to appear less "manic" or less "static". Permanent flyers like Swellow will flap more often. Salamence is grounded but will launch in the air to attack. Lucidolo has slightly longer animation with another step worked into its dance loop. Archeops doesn't flap quite as desperately. I haven't seen any of them personally.

Well there is precedent with the sprites changing between games, but have the models themselves changed between XY and ORAS?

16. Apparently you can turn off battle scenery and just have the terrain pads under the Pokémon. I don't know how this works. I don't know if you're just floating in a black void or what. My source is not clear either. I don't know what the point of this is.

Not sure what the point is either, but assuming that it IS a thing, it's probably supposed to address the aforementioned lag (though I'd argue removing the trainers might do better on that aspect).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom