• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

The renaming is especially odd since the reasoning behind the nickname restriction is a cultural thing.
But Pokemon has long gone international and taken in a lot of different cultures and ideas. Plus the nicknaming system is regularly abused and complained about. It makes no sense to cling to outdated ideas that does more harm than good. Granted, Game Freak's slow on the uptake, but they've been getting better over time.

That being said, I agree with you that it's all fake. There are too many good ideas here, and I doubt Game Freak would this much effort into USM. Gen 8, maybe.

@Soki you can add /vp/ - Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Info. - Pokémon - 4chan into the thread.

Maybe somewhere around this weekend, I'm quite short on time. And tbh there isn't much use to adding all these 4chan leaks anyway, cause they're mostly just obviously fake ^^;

And more pop up every day, the OP will be a hundred meters long if I'd add everything.

Maybe somewhere around this weekend, I'm quite short on time. And tbh there isn't much use to adding all these 4chan leaks anyway, cause they're mostly just obviously fake ^^;

And more pop up every day, the OP will be a hundred meters long if I'd add everything.

Can you at least check the thread out?..

NVM wrong leak. I'll find the image myself and link it here.

Found ithttps://s.********/image/spoiler-vp1.png

http://i.********/vp/1498644959684.png

a summary of what i think is one of the most likely leaks to be true in the future

(Red using the HG SS theme is a huge fuck you to GF,and...That ursaring looks fucking badass :Q,also...let's hope that they will remix zinnia theme)

Since they provided a couple sketches, we should be able to know whether it's legit pretty soon (potentially). All we need to do is see one of them revealed, and new Alolan forms and an early gym leader would be possible in the first month or two of coverage.

Is it just me or does the fact that no Alolan Sunflora or anything of the sort being mentioned kinda sad?

RIP Sunflora, I hope Octillery gets some love too.

Some of those drawings seem really out there to me, and don't really seem like they'd fit in anywhere with Alola. Also, why would they need to add new Alola mons that didn't exist in the previous S&M? Not saying they're fake, but it's got me questioning.

Some of those drawings seem really out there to me

Sounds like typical Gamefreak to me.

why would they need to add new Alola mons that didn't exist in the previous S&M?

Um... Because new content? And you need new content to sell games? Supported by the fact that Platinum and B2W2 also expanded their regional dexes significantly for the same purpose?

EDIT: And as far as regional variants go, there have been special forms introduced for Pokemon mid-gen for every generation except 1 and 2.

Last edited:
I still have my fingers crossed that's sunflora will get some love. But I'm hoping the Dunsparce rumor is real.

I know it won't happen probably ever, but what they really need is new evolutions. Regional variants would still be weak probably, and even a Mega Evolution probably wouldn't provide enough boost for many of them. I wish they'd start making new evolutions of old Pokemon again--especially the weaker ones. Hasn't been done since Gen IV (besides Sylveon). Oh well. Hopefully we get some news soon. I'm parched.

I know it won't happen probably ever, but what they really need is new evolutions. Regional variants would still be weak probably, and even a Mega Evolution probably wouldn't provide enough boost for many of them. I wish they'd start making new evolutions of old Pokemon again--especially the weaker ones. Hasn't been done since Gen IV (besides Sylveon). Oh well. Hopefully we get some news soon. I'm parched.

I think Kangaskhan needs a pre-evolution.

Um... duh? Because new content? And you need new content to sell games? Supported by the fact that Platinum and B2W2 also expanded their regional dexes significantly for the same purpose???

Please don't be rude in your responses, you can just explain your point without adding 'Um...duh'.

And it isn't 'duh' really, Platinum and BW2 expanded their regional dexes with existing Pokémon, not new ones that didn't exist beforehand. Adding new Alolan forms would do exactly that, which has never been done before.

And I very much doubt all these drawing leaks are legit too, they all look pretty terrible and unoriginal imo. Though tbf some of the actual Alolan Pokémon did too. Still, I don't think any of the drawing leaks were real last time, I very much doubt it will be this time. Making a drawing leak is just a new trend that everyone wants to jump onto.

Apologies for any perceived rudeness, I was merely flabbergasted at the statement because there's clear precedent and many reasons for new Alolan forms to be introduced.

They added new megas mid generation which is pretty much the same no?

Mega Evos mid-gen 6, new forms for legendaries in multiple mid-generations (3, 4, 5, 6, 7), and also the Rotom forms in mid-Gen 4. I might even be missing a couple.

My only issue with the leak above is that how come only Gen II Legendary will be available post game if they can be acquired in the VGC? That only contradicts the concept that they will be available in VGC this gen. Just like how no Gen I legendary are available in SuMo since they are available in VGC already and I can argue that GameFreak made it their priority to include either Mewtwo or the Legendary Birds almost every Gen, so that right there made me think the leak is fake.

Also giving Sunflora an Alolan form will not improve its stats so it will still not make it very good competitively so is Dunsparce I'd rather wait for a Mega or other kind of Gen VIII love for them to make them more viable

Well the truth is you could get all gen I legendaries in XY and on RBY on VC.

Though tbf some of the actual Alolan Pokémon did too. Still, I don't think any of the drawing leaks were real last time, I very much doubt it will be this time. Making a drawing leak is just a new trend that everyone wants to jump onto.

Everytime I see Alolan Dugtrio, I always feel the need to start playing "mmmbop" while reminiscing of the 90's. That said, I hope we get an exciting leak soon.

Back
Top Bottom