• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

how come only Gen II Legendary will be available post game

Totally agreed. That part is weird. I would've expected to get most legends post game besides the Gen II ones.

Well the truth is you could get all gen I legendaries in XY and on RBY on VC.

Well, those were 3 years apart. Not released in the same year.

i find that leak to be suspicious. it's clearly well thought out if it's fake, given that they properly use plant names for major characters, but i find some aspects hard to believe or inconsistent. like, you can't disclose Mohn's role in the story but other things are up for grabs? Gyms are back and Ryuki is a gym leader? let alone the set-up for Ryuki, being all in a band that is immediately disbanded when he loses, he challenges the E4 and then you battle him again afterwards, and then he's a Trial Captain? really covering a lot of ground there.

I currently trust this leak. (at least most parts of it)

It says a Battle Frontier is in the game. A 3 facilities Frontier, and then Battle Tree + Cave on Poni Island.

Combined, it is 5 facilities just like the Gen IV Frontier:

- Battle Tree (Battle Tower equivalent)
- Battle Cave (Battle Factory equivalent)
- Battle Hall
- Battle Park
- Battle Palace

This last one, Battle Palace... I feel is an error of the leaker. I think he meant Battle CASTLE rather than Battle PALACE. The Palace is from Gen III and is the most disliked facility. I doubt they would bring it back...

A Palace and a Castle are almost interchangeable concepts irl (where royalties live) so I think the leaker just meant the latter...

http://i.********/vp/1498644959684.png

a summary of what i think is one of the most likely leaks to be true in the future

(Red using the HG SS theme is a huge fuck you to GF,and...That ursaring looks fucking badass :Q,also...let's hope that they will remix zinnia theme)
This does make the most sense to me.
I hope it's true.

a summary of what i think is one of the most likely leaks to be true in the future

(Red using the HG SS theme is a huge fuck you to GF,and...That ursaring looks fucking badass :Q,also...let's hope that they will remix zinnia theme)
Why does it feels like Deja Vu with the Sun/Moon Leaks, and then it turn out to be fake. I wouldn't hold my breath until we get some announcements.

Didn't we catch Suicune and Lugia, etc during main storyline in Pokemon Crystal?

Nope. They were completely optional.

The only forced captures were...
  • Reshiram/Zekrom in BW
  • Xerneas/Yveltal in XY
  • Rayquaza in ORAS
  • Solgaleo/Lunala in SM
Not sure if Groudon/Kyogre were required, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're forced to capture Necrozma in USUM.

Didn't we catch Suicune and Lugia, etc during main storyline in Pokemon Crystal?

No. You had to meet it several times but its capture wasn't required.

The first required storyline captures were Reshiram & Zekrom in B/W.

Not sure if Groudon/Kyogre were required, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're forced to capture Necrozma in USUM.

They weren't, you could just defeat them in the originals & remakes.

Given its absence from ORAS, I doubt Game Freak will bother with the Battle Frontier again.

I would agree honestly, but you never know. One of ORAS biggest criticisms was the lack of the Frontier, so they could fetch it back to appease that.

This is a pretty interesting leak. There's a lot there, so I'm a bit hesitant to believe it...but there's some cool stuff there.

The League being formed and Trials becoming post game stuff to replace the UB quest is cool.

Nope. They were completely optional.

The only forced captures were...
  • Reshiram/Zekrom in BW
  • Xerneas/Yveltal in XY
  • Rayquaza in ORAS
  • Solgaleo/Lunala in SM
They [Groudon/Kyogre]weren't, Raquayza was because of the Delta Episode.

I'm kind of tired of forced Legendary captures, I hope the Ho-Oh/Lugia thing is fake or they are optional post-main story captures.

Its likely the latter considering that legendaries from other games don't factor much to the game's plot/backstory (there are exceptions). B2W2 didn't let you catch Kyurem because Neo Plasma got to the pokemon first, and the other 2 dragons were already claimed. For a similar scenario to work out would require a certain divergence to take place, namely Lillie becoming the trainer of Nebby instead of letting the player catch them (and the villains to get Necrozma as an attempt to get Nebby, in which case, nether Ho-Oh or Lugia would be relevant)

Having those two turn up in Alola would make some sense. They both could be associated with the Sun and Moon, one of them is becoming prominent due to the movie, and their games are the ones getting a VC release (that is also a double edge sword, as the VC releases could be used as reasons to focus more on Hoenn and beyond pokemon for what gets placed in USUM.).

There's a lot there, so I'm a bit hesitant to believe it...

Also a reason why I'm hesistant. The credible leaks from last time were mostly short ones, and none of those 'ask me questions' ones. Actual leakers are regurlarly more careful than this, they don't go throwing all info and drawings of Pokémon around on 4chan. They mostly just post some stuff and then disappear. Or turn them into hints instead of outright giving info, like the Riddler did.

Also, thinking of plant names for people really isn't that hard, if you're serious about being a fake leaker then that would be the first thing to think about :p It was far from a secret that in SM most major characters had plant names so yeah.

Also a Phanpy with pigtails as ears? ....pls no (though I wouldn't be surprised because of GF's obsession with giving Alola forms hair for some reason...)

Also a Phanpy with pigtails as ears? ....pls no (though I wouldn't be surprised because of GF's obsession with giving Alola forms hair for some reason...)
Haha, for me the only reason I would want this leak to be true is the Phanpy line and Shuckle! But yeah a little too much info to be reliable. (I do love me some drawing fake leaks tho, keeps it entertaining)

I'm really not a fan of gyms being in USUM, so I'm hoping this new one is fake. I really hope they at least wait until Gen 8 if they decide to bring back gyms and just keep the Trials for USUM.

What irks me about that leak is that it says the game goes about as usual except that instead of trial we do gyms. That just doesn't make sense at all to me.

Mmm,maybe that italian guy that helped emdy in the solgaleo and lunala leak got an idea on the team rainbow thing...

That leaker said team rainbow is like a new version of an old team....AND,what about if the rainbow thing...is a foreshadowing name for...

Team R? and,what past team got R in the name?

Team Rocket

Mmm,maybe that italian guy that helped emdy in the solgaleo and lunala leak got an idea on the team rainbow thing...

That leaker said team rainbow is like a new version of an old team....AND,what about if the rainbow thing...is a foreshadowing name for...

Team R? and,what past team got R in the name?

Team Rocket
What about Team FlaRe or Team CipheR? :p

I'm really not a fan of gyms being in USUM, so I'm hoping this new one is fake. I really hope they at least wait until Gen 8 if they decide to bring back gyms and just keep the Trials for USUM.

What so bad about having both the gyms and trials in USUM? I don't get it specially it was said by Kukui that he wants to pattern the Alolan League to Kanto

I for one specifically wants gyms in Alola maybe in Post game or maybe the trial would be the one on post game it gives more thing to do post game. And I know this is not the place but for me Trials is just a downgrade version of gym challenge sure you totem pokemon is different and is it more challenging but besides that the whole trial thing is just meh to me

Having gyms in Alola also tie up the whole Alolan league building story for me.

Back
Top Bottom