• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Idk guys....I'd be willing to bet he was just guessing based on prior events. Why would he know something? He can hack a demo, bit there's not reason to think he was able to get info from the sites. If it was that easy we'd have that kind of stuff leaking all over the place. Not just from person.....

Idk guys....I'd be willing to bet he was just guessing based on prior events. Why would he know something? He can hack a demo, bit there's not reason to think he was able to get info from the sites. If it was that easy we'd have that kind of stuff leaking all over the place. Not just from person.....

either you said that before or I'm having the weirdest deja vu now.

Regardless I agree. His statement of something happening on that date is more of an educated guess (that date is also apparently the date of the 20th movie's early screening), but I don't think it should be taken as fact yet.

It's just a guess based on what happened last year and in 2013. But this time there's a movie premiere, so they really don't need to do anything else.

either you said that before or I'm having the weirdest deja vu now.

Regardless I agree. His statement of something happening on that date is more of an educated guess (that date is also apparently the date of the 20th movie's early screening), but I don't think it should be taken as fact yet.

I've said it before hahaha

Looks like the new Takara Tomy battle wheel line might be hinting towards a new Pokemon reveal soon.
PokemonBattleWheelSMleak.jpg

Why do we have any reason to believe the anonymous 4chan leak again? Because they drew (pretty awful) art of what some characters and forms look like?

Why do we have any reason to believe the anonymous 4chan leak again? Because they drew (pretty awful) art of what some characters and forms look like?
4chan did get some of the leaks right from Sun/Moon, I know 4chan is not reliable source to trust.
Looks like the new Takara Tomy battle wheel line might be hinting towards a new Pokemon reveal soon.
PokemonBattleWheelSMleak.jpg
Looks like we'll get something from Corocoro to find out what new pokemon it is. Also this right here reminds me of BeyBlade.

This twitter post points out some interesting information that we may have overlooked.

Hmmm that's a very interesting thought. Obviously we'll still start on Melemele, but it'd be interesting if (at least) the Kahunas swapped islands. I'm still pretty sure the story will generally be about the same, but having some characters fill different certain roles and appear earlier or later than in SM could be interesting lol

Hmmm that's a very interesting thought. Obviously we'll still start on Melemele, but it'd be interesting if (at least) the Kahunas swapped islands. I'm still pretty sure the story will generally be about the same, but having some characters fill different certain roles and appear earlier or later than in SM could be interesting lol
Does this means that the trials still remain and there are no gyms?

I have no idea where you got that from what I said, but either way we have no way of knowing that just yet. Kahunas as characters will still exist even if the trails are replaced.

It's unlikely we won't see Gyms in US/UM. The evidences from Sun/Moon with the missing slots, it might hints Gyms are being Constructed, with Gyms, the Pokemon league is fully established.

Well, it does go back to the fact that Nanu was a member of the international police, what if he was a "faller" into a different dimension of the story?

I don't think swapping the Kahuna's island makes sense. Maybe we get Z rings later in the game.

This does not make any sense whatsoever. Z-Rings and Z-Moves are key parts of the storyline. What are trial captains going to give out if we don't get Z-Rings until later in the game.. TM's?

This does not make any sense whatsoever. Z-Rings and Z-Moves are key parts of the storyline. What are trial captains going to give out if we don't get Z-Rings until later in the game.. TM's?

Changing the Kahunas and removing all of their cultural significance to their respective island makes even less sense. And I honestly don't think of Z-Ring and Z-Moves as key parts of the storyline. The lore behind it is thin compared to what they did for Mega Evolution. Otherwise, they would have explained why some pokemon have exclusive Z-moves whereas others don't. IMO, Z-crystals are just like glorified gym badges aka simple benchmarks and the Z-moves are just some added bonus. Anyway, I'm differentiating the Island Trials from Z-moves. Island Trials are key to the story but Z-moves not so much. If there are still trials, they could always just give something else as benchmarks. That's all imo of course. :)

Last edited:
Hmmm that's a very interesting thought. Obviously we'll still start on Melemele
Okay this might sound dumb of me but why obviously?
What if the trailer they showed was just meant to tricking us into thinking that? We saw the inside of a room that looked like the same in SuMo but could just belong to any new house. We also saw the location of our old house with more nature and one thing that was funny is that the house itself looked like people live there for a while, doesnt look like a house of people that just moved in, you can see the garage open and the surf board.

Maybe we do start our journey on ula ula and not mele mele, who knows?

Okay this might sound dumb of me but why obviously?
What if the trailer they showed was just meant to tricking us into thinking that? We saw the inside of a room that looked like the same in SuMo but could just belong to any new house. We also saw the location of our old house with more nature and one thing that was funny is that the house itself looked like people live there for a while, doesnt look like a house of people that just moved in, you can see the garage open and the surf board.

Maybe we do start our journey on ula ula and not mele mele, who knows?
"Lived there for a while" could allude to the "alternative story" and that it takes place at least a few months or maybe even a year later. They also showed a route of MeleMele and our house on MeleMele. So I am definitely sure that we'll start on MeleMele.

Back
Top Bottom