• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

So there's more USUM merch pointing to a new form aside from the mascots and Cap Pikachu.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/886391232720719875

Easy: It's an alternate universe, so Snubbull/Granbull in Ultra Sun/Moon adapted to Alola differently than the Snubbull in Sun/Moon.

I have a feeling this is Lycanroc-3. The Rockruff is a merchandise machine and from the start felt like a special snow and it makes sense given what's going on with Ash's Rockruff

So there's more USUM merch pointing to a new form aside from the mascots and Cap Pikachu.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/886391232720719875

I'm gonna assume the following:

• Pikachu in a Necrozma Hoodie
  • Or Lycanroc "Twilight" forme
The latter was already exaplaned, but why Would one put Pikachu in a Hoodie for a plush toy? Precedent my friends precedents. TPC has put their beloved mascot in hoodies based around other pokemon (and grunt outfits). Gyarados, Raquayza, Charizard and other pokemon are not safe from this treatment.

However that kind of merch seems to be found only on Pokemon Center products in Japan, considering that they don't appear to be available elsewhere in other areas. The only time one would see a Pikachu in these hoodies in the west is Pokemon Shuffle. So if it does turn out to be another Pikachu then chances are it won't be anything that relates to the unknowns of USUM.

I have a feeling this is Lycanroc-3. The Rockruff is a merchandise machine and from the start felt like a special snow and it makes sense given what's going on with Ash's Rockruff

That's what I'm expecting. And since it seems the Sun&Moon anime logo is on there, then that'd further help it. Rockruff would probably be evolving sometime in September-November if they want to push the form for USUM sales.

So if it does turn out to be another Pikachu then chances are it won't be anything that relates to the unknowns of USUM.

Why would it be Pikachu with a hoodie, though? The guy who runs the PokeShopper Twitter/website already confirmed it's a USUM scan, so it's something we don't know about yet, just like the last merchandise scan that was posted a while back.

Or they have nothing to show.

Which we already know isn't likely. B2W2 took around 48 days after the reveal for another info dump IIRC.

well...then if this is true,nothing until november?
That would throw the fanbase into chaos and despair. It would be tempers running high. So hopefully not the case.

Also, no rumors will be debunked or proven until then. Which would be awful.

I highly doubt they'll wait till the release of US/UM to find out what the game. The whole purpose of releasing info is to get the fans hyped up for the upcoming games. No info will cause the fans to be less interested in the game, which also means the fans won't buy the game, it'll affect the sales, meaning that GF wasted their time and money on US/UM for nothing. I also doubt that it'll be just some game to hold us over till we get a pokemon game for Switch, Maybe they'll have a huge surprise for US/UM that no one have to know "yet". Tbh, we don't even know if we'll get a game on Switch for next year, we'll probably see Pokemon game for Switch in 2020, which is where in Gen VIII starts. We get a butt load of Info in New Generation and Remake, but less info in Third games and Sequels. But the thing that bugs me is the fans are complaining about TPC and GF releasing Corocoro and Trailers because they don't want to be "spoiled" (Although Sun/Moon give out info for every two weeks, but got ruined because of the dataminers hacked the game) and the fans are complaining on not get info on the game, which is total dry spill. If we don't get some info on US/UM for next month or before US/Um release this will cause trouble for fans. Especially we got the leaks to determine if they're proven or debunked.

But like someone pointed out,(i don't remember if it was that joe sereebi that did this...)all the games that had this delay of information relase...turned out to be great games...

Let's hope that this will be the case :v

But like someone pointed out,(i don't remember if it was that joe sereebi that did this...)all the games that had this delay of information relase...turned out to be great games...

Let's hope that this will be the case :v
B2W2 had delay of information, but it did turned out to be great game, with the lack of information, I think this might bring the hype down on USUM, so you're telling me that the only way we can hear any info on US/UM is with the release of US/UM itself, the purpose of Info is to speculate on what's coming next and the info on the trailer and corocoro release. I don't think waiting till the release date for the fans to find out what the games are is the case, they'll likely to give out info sooner or later.

We all just have to be patient. August will possibly definitely have news. We just have to give it time.

We all just have to be patient. August will possibly definitely have news. We just have to give it time.
August seem to be likely to give out Info, especially XY introduce Megas and SM introduce Z-moves in August, If there's a new mechanic (like Z-forms) in US/UM, they might reveal that in august. Although I'm worried that the Corocoro for this month didn't say "another big scoop for next month Corocoro", I just hope we get some news for next month, If not, then this will drive the fans crazy.

Really,but...some people still believe that we will get something on the mistery files thing,i mean...

It's not related to the games,they never said that it will be something about US/UM

Really,but...some people still believe that we will get something on the mistery files thing,i mean...

It's not related to the games,they never said that it will be something about US/UM
Wow they still believe that, Even though Joe Merrick stated it doesn't have anything to do with USUM or game related at all, when the 19th comes, they'll set there self up for disappointment, hate to say to Joe Merrick did warn them. I'm expecting some news for next month.

Easy: It's an alternate universe, so Snubbull/Granbull in Ultra Sun/Moon adapted to Alola differently than the Snubbull/Granbull in Sun/Moon.

I don't like this idea. It takes the alternate story thing too far.

and the thing that we didn't get any johto cameos in Sun and Moon might be an hint for some returns in US/UM?

let's hope that atleast lance will return,or...i need GF to make separate remix for red and blue theme ;-;

Although a lot of people here were disappointed that so much was leaked/revealed before the game came out and there was little left as a surprise, Sun/Moon has sold phenomenally (only slightly shy of X/Y), so from a business perspective, I can't see why they would change it up this time and keep everything under wraps when it worked so well for them last time. So many viral Youtube videos with reveals etc.

Although a lot of people here were disappointed that so much was leaked/revealed before the game came out and there was little left as a surprise, Sun/Moon has sold phenomenally (only slightly shy of X/Y), so from a business perspective, I can't see why they would change it up this time and keep everything under wraps when it worked so well for them last time. So many viral Youtube videos with reveals etc.
That's because Sun and Moon is a whole new generation with new Pokémon, new characters, new locations, new features etc. USUM has mostly the same characters, Pokémon, locations and more with only some added features, roughly speaking. There could be wholesale changes, but they wouldn't compare to a whole new generation.

Back
Top Bottom