• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Guys, again: this thread is for rumors, fakes, or leaks. Predictions about USUM or speculation about the upcoming Switch game does not belong here, neither do those tweets. It is all speculation, not rumors/fakes/leaks.

For speculation about these subjects, please visit these threads instead:
The Pokemon Switch Version
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed
Or any other thread in the USUM or Pokémon Video Games section that fits the subject you want to speculate about it.

Please only use this thread to discuss rumors, fakes, or leaks as that is what people visit this thread for.

For clarity:
Speculation = discussions about confirmed info or your own guesses about what the game is going to be like.
Rumors/fakes/leaks = unconfirmed info/drawings/coro coro pages that are circulating.

For example, those Joe Merrick tweets don't count as rumors as he's simply speculating about confirmed info (the date of the EU Internationals). Those just belong in the general USUM Confirmed thread, not here.

Now that i think about it...

That leak that said August 6,first trailer released,August 6 is a sunday so...

Debunked :(

Some things from that leak were actually nice,but now that i think about the supposed release date of the trailer...

Some things from that leak were actually nice,but now that i think about the supposed release date of the trailer...

No need to really worry about that leak until the end of the day on August 6th ;)

Not saying that the leak is real, but real leaks have been dead wrong on info drop dates several times before.

• Nintendo has planned three new Pokémon games for 3DS and Switch, two of them are dual versions.

• Tags used in material for the game were: "pokémon", "sun", "moon", "eclipse", "ultra". So the games could be Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon & Eclipse or Eclipse Sun, Eclipse Moon & Ultra Eclipse. No other combinations made sense in my opinion.

This one still worries me a bit, actually. This would suggest that Pokemon Switch 2018 is nothing more than another followup to SM/USUM... yuck. I had forgotten about this leak, but it came before the USUM announcement...

Last edited:
No need to really worry about that leak until the end of the day on August 6th ;)

Not saying that the leak is real, but real leaks have been dead wrong on info drop dates several times before.

This one still worries me a bit, actually. This would suggest that Pokemon Switch 2018 is nothing more than another followup to SM/USUM... yuck. I had forgotten about this leak, but it came before the USUM announcement...
I wouldn't worry about that, even they aren't that bad to rehash the same region 3 times in a row. I think it's also possible that they simply hesitated which name to use for these upcoming titles and chose to go with Ultra in the end (I mean, we all predicted eclipse would be the 3rd version if it ever happened and stuff)

I wouldn't worry about that, even they aren't that bad to rehash the same region 3 times in a row. I think it's also possible that they simply hesitated which name to use for these upcoming titles and chose to go with Ultra in the end (I mean, we all predicted eclipse would be the 3rd version if it ever happened and stuff)
maybe the switch game might be a TRUE sequel?

I think it's also possible that they simply hesitated which name to use for these upcoming titles and chose to go with Ultra in the end

Simple hesitation? The game does have ultra beasts that are a main part of the story.

The devil is in the details. Necrozma is strangely like an ultra beast but isn't, so clearly ultra beasts and Necrozma will play a huge role in USUM.

Please no. If they wanted to give us an Alola game on the Switch, they could' easily just given ported USUM in December 2017. It is downright lazy and bad that a decent port of USUM (they WILL use ported assets in any Alola Switch game, I can bet anything on that) will take "a year or more" and we'll have to pay full price for a year or more old game.

No. This isn't happening.

Simple hesitation? The game does have ultra beasts that are a main part of the story.

The devil is in the details. Necrozma is strangely like an ultra beast but isn't, so clearly ultra beasts and Necrozma will play a huge role in USUM.
Well it is possible that they wanted a different name or were not sure whether they wanna go for cash grab split versions or just 1. It's true indeed, the game is all about Ultra- and I couldn't be happier if USM actually doesn't shaft the UBs this time around

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/891324594942091264

This seem suspicious, you all know that Pokenchi is on Sunday right? Sunday next week will be August 6th.

But don't get too much hype or hope lols

And btw, what's leak are you talking about which has August 6th? I read it but forget that leak's names @@

Last edited:
Well... How often has Ohmori appeared in Pokénchi (or its previous versions) before?

How is that actually confirmed we're getting another Alola game, especially on Switch. We already know USUM are confirmed 3DS exclusive, so why on earth that GF would go out of their way to make a third game to USUM, when USUM are releasing in November, especially on Switch. That would be total waste to make a third game on Switch, Which is why I was against this whole "Stars" thing being on Switch exclusively. I hope this doesn't happen, If GF wanted do a pokemon game on Switch, it had to have a different story, not the same story with more features on a new system. @PkmnTrainerV is right, it's downright lazy for them to do something like, plus that won't increase the sale for Switch users.

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/891324594942091264

This seem suspicious, you all know that Pokenchi is on Sunday right? Sunday next week will be August 6th.

But don't get too much hype or hope lols

And btw, what's leak are you talking about which has August 6th? I read it but forget that leak's names @@

I wouldn't get my hopes up with Pokenchi, Joe Merrick did stated on Twitter. Also I wouldn't hold my breath till August 6th when we know how 4chan is not a credible source. I'm expecting something good on August 10th with the merchandise leaks

EDIT:
Weren't Ohmori, Morimoto and Masuda in a Pokénchi last year? Iirc it was April 2nd/3rd and that gave us nothing new

Pokénchi Shares No New Pokémon Sun & Moon Gameplay Footage - Nintendo Insider

I don't remember them appearing later than that
Except they didn't reveal Sun/Moon footage till early May, they did reveal anything regarding to SM in April. Sometimes Pokenchi don't reveal new info on the games, just the same ones from the original footage and corocoro.

I agree a Switch USUM followup sounds ridiculous and completely unwanted. Though the fact that leak had correct info before the announcement gives reason to worry.

But they're probably wrong all the same. Chances are, they heard there was gonna be a 3DS game and a Switch game both being announced in June, and they assumed the games were connected/same project--whereas, it's far more likely that they're separate projects.

Weren't Ohmori, Morimoto and Masuda in a Pokénchi last year? Iirc it was April 2nd/3rd and that gave us nothing new

Pokénchi Shares No New Pokémon Sun & Moon Gameplay Footage - Nintendo Insider

I don't remember them appearing later than that
They were there once during SM's year and they only showed the same trailer we had already seen, but iirc, it had that small bit of extra footage that showed the pixelated rockruff for us to speculate about.

It's also true that pokenchi does sometimes reveal things

EDIT:> nevermind, the trailer was from corocoro

Last edited:
Mmm,this got me a bit interested uh...

/vp/ - Pokemon USUM Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan

Midday licanrock,midnight licanrock,nisshoku mean eclipse,so...Maybe Ash rockruff will evolve during an eclipse?

AND MAYBE,something involving an eclipse will be in the games? The name for the form got me,BUT,the thing that the third form will be revealed before August 10 well...is strange :/

Also,the last part said that the second trailer on August 6 leak is MOSTY incorrect,so...Maybe a few thing,just a few things from that leak,are real?

Maybe the lillie and gladion one? OR the alolan forms?

Hau as the first trial psychic trial captain sounds weird lmao

ED: NOW that i think about it,the scene with licanrock in the trailer,that looks like...a sun eclipse?

Mmm,this got me a bit interested uh...

/vp/ - Pokemon USUM Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan

Midday licanrock,midnight licanrock,nisshoku mean eclipse,so...Maybe Ash rockruff will evolve during an eclipse?

AND MAYBE,something involving an eclipse will be in the games? The name for the form got me,BUT,the thing that the third form will be revealed before August 10 well...is strange :/

Also,the last part said that the second trailer on August 6 leak is MOSTY incorrect,so...Maybe a few thing,just a few things from that leak,are real?

Maybe the lillie and gladion one? OR the alolan forms?

Hau as the first trial psychic trial captain sounds weird lmao

ED: NOW that i think about it,the scene with licanrock in the trailer,that looks like...a sun eclipse?

Looked up 'Nisshoku' and found out it means 'Solar Eclipse'. It seems oddly specific to name a single form 'Solar Eclipse' when there are both (Ultra) Sun and Moon games. So I think either this leak is 'hiding' a Lunar Eclipse form (which would be named 'Gesshoku' form (Japanese for Lunar Eclipse) or this leak is fake. I lean towards the latter.

Back
Top Bottom