• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Idk if I've said it here (I prolly have lol) but I suspect we'll get info possibly by the end of this week. The merch reveal may be the 10th, but I doubt they'd officially reveal stuff about the game just to match merchandise reveals. I think we'll get an official reveal before then and then the toy will be revealed on the 10th. As far as CoroCoro is concerned we could get it pretty early this month. It comes out early in August due to a summer holiday in Japan. So we could get it this weekend possibly although maybe anything earlier than the 8th is a bit much
Mmm,i don't get that holiday thing

Idk if I've said it here (I prolly have lol) but I suspect we'll get info possibly by the end of this week. The merch reveal may be the 10th, but I doubt they'd officially reveal stuff about the game just to match merchandise reveals. I think we'll get an official reveal before then and then the toy will be revealed on the 10th. As far as CoroCoro is concerned we could get it pretty early this month. It comes out early in August due to a summer holiday in Japan. So we could get it this weekend possibly although maybe anything earlier than the 8th is a bit much

Yeah, there's definitely info coming soon. Ever since May 2016 TPCi has been consistently trying pre-empt Corocoro with trailers of their own, and if that's how they feel about letting Corocoro break the news, I'm sure they won't want Lycanroc-3 or a new Alola Form revealed by a toy.

And if Ash's Rockruff does evolve on the 10th (which isn't confirmed but looks increasingly likely), there'll likely be some indication in the preview we get this Thursday (the 3rd) after the Olivia battle. The anime hasn't revealed anything like that since Charizard X IIRC, since Ash-Greninja was technically in Corocoro, and I don't think they're just going to have Lycanroc-3 show up in a random episode with no prior acknowledgement from the Pokemon Company. Literally any day after the 3rd seems like fair game for a trailer.

this thing that you said:

It comes out early in August due to a summer holiday in Japan

In Japan there's a holiday called the Obon Festival during mid to late August. Companies and stores take off for that holiday. So where CoroCoro usually is shipped a day or two before the 15th and released on the 15th it's shipped a little earlier and released around the 12th or so in August. Not sure if it's a fixed date or depends on the lay of the week, but since the holiday takes up a part of the month when CoroCoro usually releases they release it a few days earlier. That way it's not missing entirely

Last edited:
Pikachu, Exeggcute, Cubone, and Rockruff all count as having alternative evolutions. They're just forms instead of new species, which is what @PkmnTrainerV was talking about - a potential new Lycanroc form.

A "male Salazzle" could* fall under that category, but I doubt it'll happen as they haven't made a male counterpart of Vespiquen after all these years.

* = I said could because I'm not sure if major gender differences should count as su

The "male Salazzle" is just fanart guessing Salandit's evolution from before SM released.

The Salazzle event is tied to the TCG set Burning Shadows. Just like the Midnight Lycanroc event a while back.
I DID call it a "fakemon", indicating that I know it is not real.

Even though it's unlikely, I will laugh my butt off if Ash's rockruff regularly evolves. xD
Based on the episode summary and the episodes that follow, I'm starting to doubt it's gonna evolve at all

Meanwhile, there is a new pikarap video posted by japanese pokemon. It has nothing of value, it's basically a rip-off of the MimiQ rap, but it does show a slightly extended footage of the MimiQ we saw in the USM trailer-

418c00f4a5.jpg

It seems to be jumping out of the trees, so maybe it is actually a totem?

Was it not a rumor about a trailer that would come out today, but if it not coming out a trailer today then we might just but it as fake!
(but I did not really believe that leak when I read it anyway)

Was it not a rumor about a trailer that would come out today, but if it not coming out a trailer today then we might just but it as fake!
(but I did not really believe that leak when I read it anyway)
Every form of leak we have originated from 4chan and they're all bs. There have been like 5 threads claiming trailers are gonna come out today/tomorrow/August 6,7..etc.. Should consider them bs as well. The only real "trailer" we have is the pikachu rap ripped off of the mimikyu rap song. It has a slightly longer pikachu paradise scene (the one we saw in USM trailer), and a slightly longer mimikyu scene which shows it jumping out of the trees

I'm already waiting for a 2 hours length clickbait video on YouTube just to show this screencap.

Oh, you can safely bet money on that happening lol..all the poketubers are gonna go crazy clickbait with it

He isn't sure it's real as far as I grasped anyway, but he claimed he will make a video about it (to discuss it maybe?) We do know its source is Japanese though

Where did you see the cleopatra part ? All I see that Salazzle's names all come from a combination of flame/bewitching and newt

Ennyuuto in jap (fire/bewitching and newt)
Malamandre in French (bad salamander )
Amfira- amphibian /fire in German
Yeomnyuteu - korean version of the japanese name
Yihmhauhsīk in Chinese .. I guess it has flame, bewitching queen and salamander in it but cleopatra?

Technically, aside from the chinese thing, every name of Salazzle is kinda double-meaning enough to fit a male evo too

It is officially revealed on the 10th, but it's possible that it will leak earlier.. We should have corocoro scans starting around 9th too

Also, judging by the newest announced anime titles, Ash's Rockruff either evolves or doesn't, cause the summary isn't really indicative of anything, and it seems Ash doesn't even lose to Olivia so no reason for a Lycanroc showdown either
It's called fire/ bewitching queen lizard in Chinese.
And bewitching queen is what Cleopatra was referred to.

That's why the Riddler said there would be a Cleopatra Pokemon.

Every form of leak we have originated from 4chan and they're all bs. There have been like 5 threads claiming trailers are gonna come out today/tomorrow/August 6,7..etc.. Should consider them bs as well. The only real "trailer" we have is the pikachu rap ripped off of the mimikyu rap song. It has a slightly longer pikachu paradise scene (the one we saw in USM trailer), and a slightly longer mimikyu scene which shows it jumping out of the trees

Oh, you can safely bet money on that happening lol..all the poketubers are gonna go crazy clickbait with it

Yeah I know, but the pokemon info of USM have being so dry, and when mean dry I mean like a dessert without info, except for the small one on the Pokken DX trailer!!

But I know, I am not only one want more info, the whole pokemon community want to know more about USM. but hopefully we get something soon!!!

It's called fire/ bewitching queen lizard in Chinese.
And bewitching queen is what Cleopatra was referred to.

That's why the Riddler said there would be a Cleopatra Pokemon.
Well, they still have enough leeway to make a male Salazzle because every language has a name that is derived from a word that has a double meaning and isn't solely bewitching/bewitching queen for chinese

Not to claim it's gonna happen but the possiblity exists if they really wanted

He's not going to. It's always been bullshit. It's why he keeps stalling. He's just trying to drum up support for his likely garbage youtube channel.

That's the vibe I'm getting too

Well,from the post that he's making,i can say thay he doesn't give a fuck anymore about that-

But anyway,the leak for the august 6 trailer,that might be real for the pokenchi thing,but we all know that the "wow it's nothing thing" will happen-

Well,from the post that he's making,i can say thay he doesn't give a fuck anymore about that-

But anyway,the leak for the august 6 trailer,that might be real for the pokenchi thing,but we all know that the "wow it's nothing thing" will happen-
That leak seemed like utter bs so I doubt pokenchi is anything related to the leak, even if we do get anything this sunday

I think we can only expect news on USUM is either on or before the 10th, plus I don't usually trust @PhillyBeaztU anyway, he probably have something on his mind more important than release a video of leaks.

Welp, one of the 4chan leaks stating they'll be a trailer today, but that's already debunked, another 4chan leak stating they'll be another trailer on 6th, that's definitely going to be debunked, and finally another trailer on 18th, will confirmed fake. The only thing that is reliable is the chinese leaks and pokeshopper merchandise leaks. Looks like we'll find out on or before August 10th for USUM.

Back
Top Bottom