• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Yeah, I'm expecting whatever it is to have actually been revealed officially or leaked by someone else before he even does it, assuming it isn't this, which I doubt. He should've mentioned it's unrelated to whatever he was working on.

Eh going back to the whole Lycanroc thing... can we expect a news announcement tomorrow for at the latest on Wednesday? If it's true that we're going to get new form(s), I highly doubt they'll leave it to the anime itself (or will they?).

Last edited:
Eh going back to the whole Lycanroc thing... can we expect a news announcement tomorrow for at the latest on Wednesday? If it's true that we're going to get this new form(s), I highly doubt they'll leave it to the anime itself (or will they do?).

I think anytime next week before the episode airs is very possible for a trailer. I agree that they probably won't leave it to the anime to reveal (pretty sure a couple people have mentioned how the anime hasn't revealed anything since Mega Charizard X, and even that was Origins and not the main series). There is the Ohmori/Pokenchi thing on late Saturday/early Sunday based off your timezone, but Pokenchi rarely amounts to anything; he'll probably acknowledge the existence of USM and if we're really lucky we might get confirmation that the anime will start adapting elements of the new games soon.

I have a good feeling about Tuesday, personally. Far enough away for them to warn us in advance but probably early enough to pre-empt most leaks.

We should get another preview for the 10th's anime episode this Saturday, but they've been doing such a good job not spoiling things so far that I doubt it'll give us anything, except maybe concrete proof that Rockruff will evolve this episode.

I overslept a little, so I'm late, oops.

But yeah, I just watched PhillyBeatzU's video in utter disappointment (as I expected). I then unsubbed and unfollowed lol, as I only did those things because of his "leak." I also did some looking around on his channel--looks like he does that kind of shit all the time like several other Poketubers. He has tons of major clickbait videos, claims he has "leaks" in several only for it to end up being either bullshit or something that isn't a leak. And of course the Japanese thing wasn't even legit lol, just drumming up more BS and stalling on fake crap. Lol, the things he shared today were nothing more than the (fan) art that we (and others) already determined was very likely to be fake.

TLDR: Philly is full of shit himself.

Oh well. Lycanroc getting 2 new forms for US and UM is seeming ever more likely though, and I'm kinda excited for that. I hope these are really good ones--hopefully with better move pools and dual typing.

At this point I've given up PhillyBeatzU. He just seems to another one of the clickbait Youtubers looking for views. In any case we'll still likely get info in the next week or so based on the merch reveal dates and next week's episode of the anime seems to be hinting at Ash's Rockruff evolving into something (prolly the new form lol) It's only a matter of time before something comes one way or another.

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't believe so much as a single syllable coming out of PhillyBeatz's mouth anymore.
All these claims of leaks he's making seems to be so much Tauros crap.

I'm basically interested in seeing if we do get ~official~ word of another rock puppy form.

Idk why everyone is surprised that PhillyBeatzU was a fraud. Lmao.

I do wonder about the art, but also notice inconsistencies like others have. Such as the trainer's arms and hat, Popplio's tail and left arm (camera right), as well as the Alolan Meowth, the little girl's face, and the placement of the letters on the sign.

The real Genesect would be dope af tho.

I do wonder about the art, but also notice inconsistencies like others have

I'm pretty sure no Game Freak art has an understandable language on its texts — and this one has an English one.
So, yeah, pretty fake.

Even the SM RotomDex artworks have no text at all to don't interfere with clarity. lol

I'm pretty sure no Game Freak art has an understandable language on its texts — and this one has an English one.
So, yeah, pretty fake.
Not really wanting to delve deep into this conversation since I honestly do not care, but strictly speaking from a logical perspective, why would it matter if there was "English" in the picture.

I mean I suppose I could understand the concept of it just being some random characters.

But given that for the most part since Pokemon has tried to work for worldwide release, if information was revealed in Japanese, wouldn't there be an English Counterpart to it (as well as others)? (But I suppose artwork could be problematic).

Or is the reason the "English" part suspicious is because its supposed to be random made up characters.

Not really wanting to delve deep into this conversation since I honestly do not care, but strictly speaking from a logical perspective, why would it matter if there was "English" in the picture.

I mean I suppose I could understand the concept of it just being some random characters.

Exactly this.
There's no text at all or there's an invented Pokémon language as seen for example here:

SvbrdS4.png

The only time I've seen English texts in a recent Pokémon artwork is a very little "CHECK" on Sun Moon QR Pokémon illustration.

Unless of course we're all mistaked and that prehistoric theme park is indeed real. lol.

Last edited:
It seems we were all wrong about the PGL placeholder images earlier. If there's going to be a new Lycanroc form, then there's only one new form.

The only Pokemon that are known to have PGL placeholder images are Raticate, Lycanroc, and Mimikyu.* Two out of three are Totem Pokemon, and it looks like Midday Lycanroc is going to be a Totem Pokemon in USUM.

* = Magearna has a placeholder image as well, but that's for its Original Color form. Marshadow's placeholder was only there because it wasn't officially revealed.

1488559601923.png
1479431658889.png
unknown.png

0 would be the base form while the numbers after are the other forms.
  • Raticate-0 is reg Raticate, Raticate-01 is Alolan, and Raticate-02 is Totem Alolan.
  • Lycanroc-0 is reg Midday, Lycanroc-01 is reg Midnight, Lycanroc-02 is new form?, Lycanroc-03 is Totem Midday?, and Lycanroc-04 is Totem Midnight?
  • Mimikyu-0 is reg Disguised, Mimikyu-01 is Busted, Mimikyu-02 is Totem Disguised, and Mimikyu-03 is Totem Busted.
Besides, if Midday Lycanroc is a Totem, then it makes sense that Midnight Lycanroc would be a Totem in Ultra Moon, so yeah, there'd only be one form if anything, not two.

I do question what that means for Olivia, though... Do Kahunas now have Totem Pokemon? Is she replaced with another Kahuna that is into a different type?

EDIT: Aside from all that, there's also the fact that Spiky-Eared Pichu has a menu sprite starting in SM. It's weird because Spiky-Eared Pichu isn't even in SM's data, and it never had a menu sprite in HGSS, so why did they suddenly make one? Are we going to see its return in USUM?

Here's the sprite: https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/31/172SMS.png

Last edited:
Wow how pathetic and desperate for attention does one have to be before they create a fake leak of a children's video game. Don't answer, I already know. lmao! He even went out of his way to hype it the hell up. Just lol!!

The whole genesect rumor has been around since the species was first discovered in the fifth generation. Not saying it's impossible, but c'mon man seriously!?

I would prefer one new lycanroc, as I feel like two would be overboard. But I can accept it if done correctly.

Lycanroc-0 is reg Midday, Lycanroc-01 is reg Midnight, Lycanroc-02 is new form?, Lycanroc-03 is Totem Midday?, and Lycanroc-04 is Totem Midnight?

I see no reason why Totem Midday couldn't be universal (EDIT: especially if we are to believe Olivia returns with her Lyc-Midnight), leaving a space for another alternate form. Your assumption that Totem Lyc will differ between versions, taking two forms, just discounts the equally possible alternative of two spots being taken by new forms. You could be right, obviously. But until we have confirmation, I wouldn't write off either possibility.

I would prefer one new lycanroc, as I feel like two would be overboard. But I can accept it if done correctly.

Agreed.

20620840_511582109188504_4209349617863971573_n.jpg
This scan, looks fake, Pokémon Sun & Moon posted this not long ago saying it's not confirmed yet.

Thoughts ?

Yeah, it's almost definitely fake. There's no hiragana superscript (I forget the proper name) above the kanji characters. The hiragana superscript above kanji is necessary for many kids to read it.

Last edited:
I see no reason why Totem Midday couldn't be universal, leaving a space for another alternate form. Your assumption that Totem Lyc will differ between versions, taking two forms, just discounts the equally possible alternative of two spots being taken by new forms. You could be right, obviously. But until we have confirmation, I wouldn't write off either possibility.

Agreed.

Yeah, it's almost definitely fake. There's no hiragana superscript (I forget the proper name) above the kanji characters. The hiragana superscript above kanji is necessary for many kids to read it.

Fully agreed :) Cheers for that

Lycanroc-0 is reg Midday, Lycanroc-01 is reg Midnight, Lycanroc-02 is new form?, Lycanroc-03 is Totem Midday?, and Lycanroc-04 is Totem Midnight?
Not that true, the totems are before to the new form (4), do it would be:
0 midday
1 midnight
2 midday totem
3 midnight totem
4 new form

I see no reason why Totem Midday couldn't be universal, leaving a space for another alternate form. Your assumption that Totem Lyc will differ between versions, taking two forms, just discounts the equally possible alternative of two spots being taken by new forms. You could be right, obviously. But until we have confirmation, I wouldn't write off either possibility.
Same reason we have a totem gumshoos in sun and a-raticate in moon?

Back
Top Bottom