• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Why people can't be happy with what we got?

IT'S NOT going to be a part of the plot,a huge plot twist or something else,there is no need to whine about something that you can easily avoid,really...people can't be happy EVEN with a little thing,it seems that some people expected an ultra mega hyper dusk lycanrock...
Nobody has to just accept things they don't like and be happy. You can't really expect that of people and if you do you're just going to be disappointed. Also I don't know where you are getting the idea that people think it's going to be part of the plot. That has literally nothing to do with what people don't like about it.

I like the extra bigger fur and the small detail of the flashing red eyes (though that will only show in animations. Maybe if it had some red outline things on the eyes all the time), but aside from that fact is it's a really minimal design and they could have done more with it to make it feel more different. I mean, look at Midday and Midnight and the look at Midday and Dusk. It should be obvious what the problem here is.

Also if we are getting a mostly recolored Midday Roc I want a slightly altered Midnight too dammit (preferably with better stats and moveset). Midnight will probably get the shit end of the stick again though.

IT'S NOT going to be a part of the plot,a huge plot twist or something else,there is no need to whine about something that you can easily avoid,really...people can't be happy EVEN with a little thing,it seems that some people expected an ultra mega hyper dusk lycanrock...
You can't expect people to be happy with a recolor, that's just the simple answer. It is not about plot or anything, it's just the idea that they could not even bother to design a FORM of an existing pokemon, so people start worrying bout what will the level of laziness be for the rest of the game. That is pretty much it, coupled with disappointment from hyping a 3rd wolf which is just a recolor of an existing one.

Hardly any person will ever be happy about havin no news for 2 months and then expecting at least a distinct design for a 3rd wolf, which turns out to not only be the only form of information we got, but also nothing but a recolor.. I'd be happy if they at least made enough detail changes to make it seem like they at least tried...

Oh well, I'AM happy that the wild battle bgm has now added guitars in it. Gives hope for revamped OST in these games

It's been 2 month dry spill for USUM, the only thing we got was Lycanroc "Dusk Form" we're expecting a little more than just Rockruff new evolution. The purpose of releasing news is to get the fans hype into buying the games, it's not like they'll wait till the release of the game to find out about the USUM.
I understand what your saying but this is Pokenchi we are talking about. Not an official reveal or part of corocoro. Your expectations should have been as low as the Earth's crust. Will I say that Lycanroc is not dissapointing? NO, it definitely REALLY is. The design choice was incredibly lazy for Gamefreak. Just a bad decision. But this is not a trailer, not corocoro, and not a direct. There is no need to hype the fans for this. We also don't know the extent of this game or what things this Lycanroc can bring with it(Abilities, moves, etc...). I understand the dissapointment and the lack of news but expecting something mindblowing out of this is suprising.

BTW, used an online app (waifu2x) to upscale the image of this awesome doggo:
JVGfxGk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody has to just accept things they don't like and be happy. You can't really expect that of people and if you do you're just going to be disappointed. Also I don't know where you are getting the idea that people think it's going to be part of the plot. That has literally nothing to do with what people don't like about it.

I like the extra bigger fur and the small detail of the flashing red eyes (though that will only show in animations. Maybe if it had some red outline things on the eyes all the time), but aside from that fact is it's a really minimal design and they could have done more with it to make it feel more different. I mean, look at Midday and Midnight and the look at Midday and Dusk. It should be obvious what the problem here is.

Also if we are getting a mostly recolored Midday Roc I want a slightly altered Midnight too dammit (preferably with better stats and moveset). Midnight will probably get the shit end of the stick again though.
I am still secretly hoping there is somehow a dawn wolf that will have midnight form's base body (if they're gonna make lazy recolors, I'd rather have one based on midnight form..)

Yes, the form is a little lazy, but I actually quite like the design. It takes the parts of the midday and dusk form that I like (the extra fur on midnight and standing on four paws from the midday). But honestly what were we expecting with this new form. Dusk is the split between Day and Night, it makes sense that the new form would look similar to its friends. Yeah it does lean heavily on Midday's design, and who knows if we'll have a dawn one. Also Im quite partial to the design because it kind of reminds me of my dog.

The reason I am dissapointed though is because we didn't get any more info besides it. It is clear these games arent pleasing the crowds yet, mostly because the lack of info. If GF is going to sell their game, they need to give a reason for everyone to buy it. Show us its not a carbon copy lf SM. Honestly they could have revealed this new form by just showing it in the anime and it would have gotten more hype. Oh well, hopefully CoroCoro will contain something more than what we got.

I'm split on the design. On one hand I think it looks pretty cool. but they could have done a little bit more to make it not just a slightly edited version of Midday form :/

Agreed. I looked at them side by side, and from most angles the only difference is color. And like a small difference in amount of fur.

I like it, but it looks WAY too much like Midday. So much that it almost just looks like a shiny Midday. Practically none of Midnight was included in the design except for an extra tuft of fur, and that's extremely disappointing. It basically looks like an alternate Midday rather than an actual third form. A third Lycanroc form had wayyyy more potential than this. Really lazy on GF's part.

That being said, it looks good in isolation (when not compared to Midday).

EDIT: I took another look at Lycanroc's forms. I especially examined Midnight form. And you know what? I honestly don't see what else they could have included besides the slight hairdo reference. If you put Midnight on 4 legs (and gave it canine leg joints) then it already has minor differences. So, with that being said, I'm slowly becoming more okay with Dusk. Especially since it's clearly (in my opinion) the best of the 3.

EDIT 2: Okay I am kinda pissed they didn't include Midnight's rock spike ribs around Dusk's mane, as well as making the tail a length between the 2 forms. That's plain lazy and thoughtless.

Last edited:
EDIT: I took another look at Lycanroc's forms. I especially examined Midnight form. And you know what? I honestly don't see what else they could have included besides the slight hairdo reference. If you put Midnight on 4 legs (and gave it canine leg joints) then it already has minor differences. So, with that being said, I'm slowly becoming more okay with Dusk. Especially since it's clearly (in my opinion) the best of the 3.
rock spikes along it’s rib area, shorter tail, a psycho smile

I personally like the new form and am happy about it, but I understand why people are upset about it. The Pokemon themselves are the huge selling point of the games. I do hope a Dawn Form exists, though.

It's been 2 month dry spill for USUM, the only thing we got was Lycanroc "Dusk Form" we're expecting a little more than just Rockruff new evolution. The purpose of releasing news is to get the fans hype into buying the games, it's not like they'll wait till the release of the game to find out about the USUM.

The reason I am dissapointed though is because we didn't get any more info besides it. It is clear these games arent pleasing the crowds yet, mostly because the lack of info. If GF is going to sell their game, they need to give a reason for everyone to buy it. Show us its not a carbon copy lf SM. Honestly they could have revealed this new form by just showing it in the anime and it would have gotten more hype. Oh well, hopefully CoroCoro will contain something more than what we got.

I mean, considering it's Pokenchi, people would be disappointing themselves if they expected a huge info dump from it. At least now since they started giving out info aside from the trailer and M20 Cap Pikachu, we'll likely get more. Perhaps CoroCoro will contain some news instead of just talking about the Lycanroc, though I'm going to keep my expectations low on that.

rock spikes along it’s rib area, shorter tail, a psycho smile

I especially agree with the rock spikes around the ribs. The back of Dusk's mane looks so naked without them. And yeah, the tail should've been shorter--let's say halfway between the two--instead of an *exact* copy.

EDIT: I can only pray that they make a small, late development edit like they did to Excadrill a couple months before BW released.

But they likely won't lol.

First, what do you guy expect from Pokenchi? They've never been a Pokemon news mainstream? It's just a small side shown. It's not Pokemon official website, not Corocoro, even Corocoro trolled us sometimes. You guys don't remember last year when Pokenchi showed us the same trailer that we already saw hundred times?

Last, Dusk is the transition time between Midday and Midnight, of course, it will look like the other two? You guys really expect it to have some ultra super hyper form where it can become some megazord? Or because Midday is 4-legged, Midnight is 2-legged then Dusk will be 3-legged? And what if we have Dawn form, will he jumping on 1-legged lol

Still got a shiny lvl1 Rockruff in my Sun save. Will probably transfer it to Ultra Sun now.

After seeing all footage of the anime and the games, I honestly love the new Lycanroc even more. Considering that it apparently doesn't evolve in a normal way and taking in to account the anime showing Rockruff evolving just as the Sun is leaving sight, causing that green light which is similar in color to it's eyes, I don't think of this so much as a 3rd Lycanroc form that should be completely unique. To me it seems like a mutation that happens when a Rockruff starts evolving while the sun is still visible but doesn't finish before it completely sets. As such, it takes on mostly Midday Lycanroc characteristics with influence from it's Midnight form.
I think this being an extremely rare mutation of existing forms also makes it not being available in the original Sun & Moon easier to swallow. For example, they could make the evolution hinge on being in a certain location that wasn't available previously, where a sunset causes that green light, similar to an eclipse.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, just putting what I think out there, as personally I think this could be a really interesting new concept if executed properly.

The rock spike rib things and a tail length between the 2 would've made it way better though. Small, obvious improvements that I can't believe GF didn't think of. It took a couple minutes to see how to improve it. But they recolor it and give it a hair tuft and say it's good to go? I still like it a lot, don't get me wrong. But it could've been better with tiny edits. And that makes me worry about the quality of USUM in general. Fearing they might be rushed cash grabs. Even the Necrozma forms for Solgaleo and Lunala looked like they could've been made in photoshop.

What was that edit?

Here

Back
Top Bottom